Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm starting this thread because I have seen so many, including first time single posts, of the negatives owners experience.

This is my positive. The Patriot has true Jeep styling. Coming down road with the round headlights and the seven slot grill, first thought is Wrangler. Then they see it is an urban Jeep, but having their true off road capabilities. I've owned mine for 3+ years and find it to handle any road conditions from hot an dusty to heavy snow,

What are your positive experiences?
I'm starting this thread because I have seen so many, including first time single posts, of the negatives owners experience.

This is my positive. The Patriot has true Jeep styling. Coming down road with the round headlights and the seven slot grill, first thought is Wrangler. Then they see it is an urban Jeep, but having their true off road capabilities. I've owned mine for 3+ years and find it to handle any road conditions from hot an dusty to heavy snow,

positive: i do love my patriot. i have had it for almost 5 years and never really had major issues until recently and it hasn’t even hit 100,000 miles yet.
negative: my patriot stalls out if i get a full tank of gas, just put $2000 into when i wanted to sell it in the summer but i might not anymore. since everything rusted out on my back end, i had to get it all fixed and new tires. and there’s still something wrong, probably another wheel bearing in the front. and when i start my car, it makes a ticking like sound a few times

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition
44 Posts
We have a 2010 4x Limited with 105k on it and a 2017 2x 75th Edition. Very few issues with either. Not luxury vehicles for sure but seem to be solid and dependable. Had to put in a new sunroof seal on the older one and a engine front main seal (under warranty) in the 2017. That’s it. The 4x4 really has great traction, not much ground clearance like a Wrangler of course but it holds its own in sand and snow well.
Cool another '17 75th Edition! Recon Green?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought one for my daughter (2013). she wants more rugged tires than the originals. What size did you put on yours.
Same size as the factory tires (215/65 R17) but an upgrade from the Goodyear Wranglers to Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. I thought they were a great value and have worked well on my off-road excursions.

·
Registered
169 Posts
All positive here. 7 years and 130k miles and so far only routine maintenance including tires, brakes and both rear wheel bearings. Today I replaced the original battery, just shy of 7 full years of use. I have drained and filled front and rear drive units and the 6 speed auto transmission. I hope to get several more years of service out of it. Great in the snow and common sense off roading.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts

2012, FDII, 75K

No issues except the trans whine in the summer which was solved by full trans service at 55K. Retired now and with the pandemic mileage has gone way down. Love almost everything about it. Size, looks, incredible tractability in bad weather. Gas mileage, gas capacity and constantly listening for trans whine in warm weather are my only complaints. I'm going to drive it as long as possible in the hopes that it will become a collectors item some day😁

·
Super Moderator
8,571 Posts
Yeah, a collector's item! I remember going to the races as a kid -- I even had friends who raced. They'd take those beautiful pre-war cars, gut them, install a roll cage and new V8 . . . and wreck them before the race was over. Even the cars I had in high school would be collectors' items today. I wish someone could make a car as good as the '68 Impala I had in college -- what a comfortable (and simple!) car.

Today's cars are so complex and they aren't comfortable anymore. Who on earth wants to feel the road in a car? Huh? I think the Patriot was the last gasp of simplicity.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mine has handled in the snow well

Ive seen some suv's spinning and an escalade truck digging and getting stuck at a red light . Patriot did well , mines a fwd btw

·
Super Moderator
8,571 Posts
This is so true. Driving in the snow is akin to casting a baitcasting reel. You need a sensitive foot/thumb.
So true. Why do people think that stomping on the gas and spinning their tires are going help them in snow? If the tires are spinning it's because too much power is being applied. The principle is the same as threshold braking, only it becomes threshold acceleration: apply as much power as you can without having the tires lose traction.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Patriot
3 Posts

After my first Appalachian trail section hike, my 2015 Jeep Patriot was waiting for me at the dealer! I took it half way across the country for my second section hike. I treat it well and it has been a great vehicle for me. Keeping it positive, that's where I will leave off at :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
After my first Appalachian trail section hike, my 2015 Jeep Patriot was waiting for me at the dealer! I took it half way across the country for my second section hike. I treat it well and it has been a great vehicle for me. Keeping it positive, that's where I will leave off at :)

we want to hear it all, whatever it may be, negative and/or positive

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
My Patriot will be 8 years old next month with about 96,000 miles. I have been very pleased to date. I take care of it well. So far, only basic maintenance for the most part. The front brake pads lasted over 80K miles, the most ever for me.

My biggest problem (sorry Newt) is that it attracts crappy cars to park nearby. When I had some dents repaired by a PDR guy, I went to pick it up and a Porsche was parked next to my Patriot. My son-in-law annoys me all the time by parking his Hellcat near my Patriot. The nerve of him. Get that $50,000 P.O.S. away from my Patriot!!!!!!

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
My biggest problem (sorry Newt) is that it attracts crappy cars to park nearby
I hear ya there. I have only one mark on my '16 Pat to date that happened one week after I picked it up.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts