Jeep Patriot Forums banner

401 - 420 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

So is there ANY chance I could/should risk going any larger on the profile or width with a 15x7, than 225/70R15? Bear in mind I will be doing the pinch weld mod.

Having done the research, tyres I can find here in Oz closets to that are:

• Bridgestone Dueler - 225/75R15
• General Grabber AT2 - 235/75R15
• BFG AT2 - 235/75R15
• Maxxis Bighorn 235/75R15

There are more sizes available in the 16's but not sure I'd get away with either of the options I found on the rims:
16x7, PCD 5x114.3, offset +19
16x8, PCD 5x114.3, offset -10

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks guys, much appreciated!

So is there ANY chance I could/should risk going any larger on the profile or width with a 15x7, than 225/70R15? Bear in mind I will be doing the pinch weld mod.

Having done the research, tyres I can find here in Oz closets to that are:

• Bridgestone Dueler - 225/75R15
• General Grabber AT2 - 235/75R15
• BFG AT2 - 235/75R15
• Maxxis Bighorn 235/75R15

There are more sizes available in the 16's but not sure I'd get away with either of the options I found on the rims:
16x7, PCD 5x114.3, offset +19
16x8, PCD 5x114.3, offset -10
16x7 +19 would work great, I wouldn't run 16x8 -10, but I'm sure someone on here has. I have 16x7 +25 that will be going on soon with 225/70-16 ATs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys im new here, Ive read through this thread and cant quite find what im looking for. maybe my reading comprehension is **** lol. Any ways I just got my wife a 2015 jeep patriot and am looking to put meatier tires on it without any mods like grabbers, offroad knobby looking tires. These are the rims im looking at as of right now,
MB Wheels TKO 15x7 links at the beginning of thread.

I am willing to get spacers if necessary. will 15x8 be better?
any help would be much appreciated. thank you much.

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Hi guys im new here, Ive read through this thread and cant quite find what im looking for. maybe my reading comprehension is **** lol. Any ways I just got my wife a 2015 jeep patriot and am looking to put meatier tires on it without any mods like grabbers, offroad knobby looking tires. These are the rims im looking at as of right now,
MB Wheels TKO 15x7 links at the beginning of thread.

I am willing to get spacers if necessary. will 15x8 be better?
any help would be much appreciated. thank you much.
If you do not want to make any modifications then we recommend going with one of the 15x7 wheel models noted in the OP and fitting either 215/75R-15 or 225/75R-15 size tires. Just bare in mind that tires are just like shoe brands; some run larger while other run smaller even in the same size. That being said you may have to do some trimming/mods with the 225/75R-15 sizing, although from what we are seeing it usually works without mods.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok awesome. after seeing the pinch weld mod and how simple it is i will be doing that. My next question is what about my tpms system? do i need the stock ones do i need to order new ones... i dont even know where to begin there. the shop i normally go to, i just called and they said they wont touch tpms systems...?

·
Registered
4 Posts
15x7 ET0 MB TKO With the 235/75R15. I know this is an older post but what would I need in order to do this mod? That wheel and tire are a match made in heaven...

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
15x7 ET0 MB TKO With the 235/75R15. I know this is an older post but what would I need in order to do this mod? That wheel and tire are a match made in heaven...
Pinch weld modification and fender liner trimming should be about it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Will pretty much any 15x7 wheel with a 0 offset fit?
Would love a set of those cragar’s but doubt I’ll find any in Australia.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No, I would say most 15" won't fit actually. Most wheels have some taper or indent in the barrel of the wheel which would hit the brake calipers. You want a wheel that is more like a simple cylinder with approx 14" internal diameter at the mating face, plus has some outward curve in the 'front' part of the wheel past the mating face (ie where the wheel meets the axle flange).
Someone who is really obsessive and maniacal could pull a wheel off, measure, and create a cardboard profile that they could take to a wheel shop. Just saying, I can't imagine who would do that. After buying and mounting up a bare wheel they could then make cardboard profiles of wheel sizes, then check for clearances as the fronts are turned etc to decide what tire to use.

also:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Damn. Thanks for the info zoner99.
Pretty limited to steel rim selections in Australia for patriots, Plenty for other 4x4s though.
If any Aussies have managed to fit 15” steel wheels to their Patriot please let us know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone I recently purchased a 2012 jeep patriot latitude 4x4 with stock 17 inch rims on it. I was really hoping to downgrade to a 15 inch with bigger tires and this forum popped up with a whole lot of help, especially with discount tires list of tested setups. My only real question is which one of these setups could work for me without a lift? Also I don't mind modding the pinch weld. Thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn. Thanks for the info zoner99.
Pretty limited to steel rim selections in Australia for patriots, Plenty for other 4x4s though.
If any Aussies have managed to fit 15” steel wheels to their Patriot please let us know!
Will pretty much any 15x7 wheel with a 0 offset fit?
Would love a set of those cragar’s but doubt I’ll find any in Australia.
from what ive heard yes. i know im late but did everything work out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forum but I've been tossing around putting a lift and wheel/tire combo on my 2016 pat since I bought it new. Well now it's time for new shoes and I figured this is the perfect time to pull the trigger. However both mb tko and the chaos 5 are discontinued. Has anybody found any other 15" alloy rims that will work that is somewhat the same look as those rims? I've been thinking about the american racing baja. They are -6 offset and 3.75 backspace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for doing this write up. I was looking at the MB TKO on your website and I only see 15x8 option with no 7" option. Has that been discontinued? Also, it was my understanding that it is not safe or wise to run 235 on anything smaller than 8" wide wheels. I see you guys did a fit of 235 on 7"; so it is okay to do that? Just want to make sure before I decide on 225 or 235 because I can only fit 15×7 without a lift? I'll be doing the PWM as well.

Thanks in advance for all the great work you guys do. I'll certainly be purchasing from you once I decide!

401 - 420 of 422 Posts