Jeep Patriot Forums banner

381 - 400 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
No, poke might not have been the best word, "front spacing" maybe? The point being the 8 inch wheel with -24 offset is going to stick out 3.25 inches more than the stock wheel. That's a LOT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, poke might not have been the best word, "front spacing" maybe? The point being the 8 inch wheel with -24 offset is going to stick out 3.25 inches more than the stock wheel. That's a LOT.
A lot as in lots of stress on the wheel bearing, visually or both? The stock wheels sit in about half an inch anyways right? So realistically it would be about 2.75 inches out from the fender flare? While the 15x7s would be about 1.25-1.5 inches out from the fender flare?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm really liking the sounds of these:

Voxx MGA black:

They come in 15x7 et20 (DiscountTire maybe you can chime in if you think they'd clear), and 16x7 et 20. I'd be game with either one, gets me right where I want to be for offset. I'm assuming the 16x7 wouldn't have clearance issues? These would be pretty much half way in between a stock wheel and a 7 inch wide et 0 (Like the MB TKO.)

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
I'm really liking the sounds of these:

Voxx MGA black:

They come in 15x7 et20 (DiscountTire maybe you can chime in if you think they'd clear), and 16x7 et 20. I'd be game with either one, gets me right where I want to be for offset. I'm assuming the 16x7 wouldn't have clearance issues? These would be pretty much half way in between a stock wheel and a 7 inch wide et 0 (Like the MB TKO.)

Just replied to your PM, Crave. Thank you for your patience.

We know the 16x7 +20 will work, but not sure about the 15x7 +20. Let me see what I can find out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got word from method that their rims won't clear the brakes and that you will need to go with a 16" rim. I'm not sure if this is them looking in a book or log though and seeing it won't fit, similar to how discount tire was saying that if you went to them the computer would say the same thing until you actually put them on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jeeppatriot2014, I have 235-75r15 Duratrac with no lift. But the pinch weld mode is need. I have 15x8 25mm offset ravine wheels from a 2006 TJ . I run 1" spacers but it's for look only.
Have you had any issues with that set up ?
Your car looks pretty nice though , def the look I'm going for !

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
Jeeppatriot2014, I have 235-75r15 Duratrac with no lift. But the pinch weld mode is need. I have 15x8 25mm offset ravine wheels from a 2006 TJ . I run 1" spacers but it's for look only.
I'm surprised the PWM is needed. I didn't have to do it on mine, maybe the Compass is different.

Were the spacers needed? I'd like to run a similar setup, but without spacers.
Without a lift you shouldn't need spacers. If you lift, you might get some rubbing on the inside of the passenger wheel well at full right lock, especially when the side lugs load up with mud.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The spacers is not need to fit. But it have less rub with. The only rub I get is in full lock in front, back inner side of tires close to the top. If I was lifted it could be ok for this point. Since the wheel back spacing is 5.5", it' more close to the vehicule than stock. And with 235" it's also close to the vehicule. If you want this look without spacers you have to run a 8" wide rim with 0mm or max 12mm offset ( or 4.5-5" back spacing ). Or you can run a 7" wide rim with 0mm or -12mm offset (4 - 3.5" back spacing).

The first pic is wheel turn at half and it's very close to the pinch weld. If I run on a bump or hole, it will rub. So I perform the pinch weld mod. And It's ok. The last pic is where I rub at full lock now.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
235/75/R15 KO2 & MB Wheels TKO

Now it looks like a Jeep.
MB Wheels TKO 15x8
235/75/R15 KO2

More on the wheel saga later. Let's just say after being at Discount Tire I need to limit my contact with humans right now. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
I thought the MB TKOs were 15x7, do they come in 15x7 and 15x8?

Edit* They do come in 15x8 to, with ET -19. I think I'd rather have the 15x7 et0 for my use, but it is a mean stance.

Have any pics of it from behind so we can see how much poke?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hopefully these will help.

I thought the MB TKOs were 15x7, do they come in 15x7 and 15x8?

Edit* They do come in 15x8 to, with ET -19. I think I'd rather have the 15x7 et0 for my use, but it is a mean stance.

Have any pics of it from behind so we can see how much poke?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
G'day all,

I'm new here and this is my first post. Bought myself a 2007 Patriot and am looking to put some steel rims and chunky shoes on her. I've trawled this forum and there are some great suggestions on the subject, thanks for doing the hard yards fellas!....it's just most of the info doesn't help us Australians with our crappy lack of wheel options.

Just an FYI before reading, I am willing to do the pinch weld mod, just not the lift as the car currently fits into my garage.

WHEELS

The two wheel options I can get hold of here in Oz that have the correct bolt pattern (114.3 or 4.5 in the US) are:

• CSA Rangers, they come in:
15x7, PCD 5x114.3, Offset +10

• Steel Sunraysia Triangle, they come in:
15x7, PCD 5x114.3, offset +7
15x8, PCD 5x114.3, offset -10
15x8, PCD 5x114.3, offset -25
16x7, PCD 5x114.3, offset +19
16x8, PCD 5x114.3, offset -10

Unfortunately the websites don't state the backspacing distance, which doesn't help. That said, which of these would you guys say would work best given the stats I've got? My plan is to buy one, take it to a tyre centre, find a correct tyre (see below) then test front and back.

TYRES:

As I'm looking for white lettered rubber I'm thinking BFG's, General Grabbers, Good Year Wranglers, Bridgestone Duelers or Maxxis Bighorn 764's. Obviously once I've got a better idea of what wheel will fit, I'll then go into tyres to suit. With that range I should be able to find at least one of them that will fit the bill.

Next issue is finding someone who will actually fit the buggers as they are VERY strict on mounting wheels and tyres outside of manufacturers spec....but I'll hit that when I come to it!

Any help would be vey well received

Cheers

Shane

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
G'day all,

I'm new here and this is my first post. Bought myself a 2007 Patriot and am looking to put some steel rims and chunky shoes on her. I've trawled this forum and there are some great suggestions on the subject, thanks for doing the hard yards fellas!....it's just most of the info doesn't help us Australians with our crappy lack of wheel options.

Just an FYI before reading, I am willing to do the pinch weld mod, just not the lift as the car currently fits into my garage.

WHEELS

The two wheel options I can get hold of here in Oz that have the correct bolt pattern (114.3 or 4.5 in the US) are:

Unfortunately the websites don't state the backspacing distance, which doesn't help. That said, which of these would you guys say would work best given the stats I've got? My plan is to buy one, take it to a tyre centre, find a correct tyre (see below) then test front and back.

TYRES:

As I'm looking for white lettered rubber I'm thinking BFG's, General Grabbers, Good Year Wranglers, Bridgestone Duelers or Maxxis Bighorn 764's. Obviously once I've got a better idea of what wheel will fit, I'll then go into tyres to suit. With that range I should be able to find at least one of them that will fit the bill.

Next issue is finding someone who will actually fit the buggers as they are VERY strict on mounting wheels and tyres outside of manufacturers spec....but I'll hit that when I come to it!

Cheers

Shane
Offset and back space are the same measurement just from different points. offset is from the center of the wheel where back space is from the inside lip. Throw your numbers into a calculator or online comparer such as Wheel Offset/Backspace Calculator - Calculate/Compare Wheel Offset and Backspace and either try to get close to stock or go with known setups that work. The narrower the better IMO.

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
G'day all,

WHEELS

TYRES:

Cheers

Shane
rcguymike is corret, offset and backspace are essentially two different ways of looking the same thing. Here's a good write-up we put together on the subject:

Wheel Offset and Backspace – How Do They Relate? | TheSquealingTire.com

To your specific fitment, the 15x7 +7 and +10 options are ideal and will pair well with 225/70R-15 tires.

381 - 400 of 422 Posts