Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I want to remove the current stereo on my 2015 Patriot and install a used stock one with Bluetooth, but will it be as simple as plugging in the connections? I want to be prepared if there will be additional hardware needed for the Bluetooth to function properly.
The actual swapping of the radio wouldn't be an issue and would just be a matter of plugging in the harnesses behind the radio. The issue for getting bluetooth to work would be the factory installed microphone and whether or not it is installed and has wiring in place for all the of the trim levels as opposed to the ones that come with the Uconnect radios from the factory.

If it does not have a microphone, then you would need to not only supply one yourself, but it would also need to interface with the factory radio plugs. This is something I am not familiar with doing and may require more research.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stereo/GPS

Booly,
thanks for the reply. My Pat has a basic radio. I would like to replace it with a Stereo/GPS/Bluetooth/wireless back up camera. I don't know if Jeep uses a standard wire harness regardless of the radio or builds the harness to fit the options. You're right that the Boss system is inexpensive. Guess I'll do some more comparing.
Bob

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Booly,
thanks for the reply. My Pat has a basic radio. I would like to replace it with a Stereo/GPS/Bluetooth/wireless back up camera. I don't know if Jeep uses a standard wire harness regardless of the radio or builds the harness to fit the options. You're right that the Boss system is inexpensive. Guess I'll do some more comparing.
Bob
Maybe I am just jaded when it comes to stereo brands, but if that Boss head unit has all the features you are looking for and fits in your budget, by all means, get it!

As for the wire harness, the Patriots have a slightly more complex way of integrating into the factory CANbus system and will require an interface adapter. Check the first page of this post for more information regarding possible options to make it all work. Due to this, installation may be a bit more expensive than a vehicle that does not require such things, so make sure you factor that into your overall budget.

I am not as familiar with wireless backup cameras, but I know there is a user here that has installed one themselves and seems to be happy. Make sure whatever head-unit you decide on has not only a screen but also a video input for a rear-camera. If your intent is to have your backup camera automatically turn on and be seen on your head-unit screen, you have to make sure that's how both the deck and camera operate and are compatible with each other.

Hope this helps. Let us know what you find and if it works for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
stereo/gps

Booly
Again, thanks for the reply and info. I did a bunch of radio searching. stuff can get real pricey. The stock radio in the vehicle is nothing special and that is being real kind. I just want to integrate the radio and gps so that I dont't have a gps on the dash. I will do some more investigating the Boss unit to be sure it meets my needs.
Thanks again
Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Booly,

Currently trying to hook up my new stereo to my Patriot and have no wiring harness/adapter. I’m looking to find out which wires coming out of my car connect with my radio wires. I’ve looked up various diagrams but can’t seem to figure it out. Wires from the Patriot: Black/yellow -ground White/orange- can B bus + White/pink- can B bus - Red/light blue- fused B + (I.o.d) Grey/red- power antenna signal Wires from radio Yellow-battery 12v Red- acc 12v Blue- antenna Black- ground I know grounds go together but I am having trouble with the others. Any help in matching them up would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
4,852 Posts
Hey Booly,

Currently trying to hook up my new stereo to my Patriot and have no wiring harness/adapter. I’m looking to find out which wires coming out of my car connect with my radio wires. I’ve looked up various diagrams but can’t seem to figure it out. Wires from the Patriot: Black/yellow -ground White/orange- can B bus + White/pink- can B bus - Red/light blue- fused B + (I.o.d) Grey/red- power antenna signal Wires from radio Yellow-battery 12v Red- acc 12v Blue- antenna Black- ground I know grounds go together but I am having trouble with the others. Any help in matching them up would be greatly appreciated!
Came across this:

no your yellow wire is the constant. The red wire is the ignition wire that needs to be tapped into the cig lighter. The red wire just tells the radio to turn on/off.
So without a harness, Yellow from the radio goes to the I.O.D line, and Red from the radio connects to the lighter/12v acc plug.

·
Super Moderator
4,852 Posts
I don't know what radio you have (sorry if I missed it), but if the 4 wires you mentioned are all the radio has, then I don't see where you would connect the canbus wires (white/or and white/pink).

What make and model is the radio?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't know what radio you have (sorry if I missed it), but if the 4 wires you mentioned are all the radio has, then I don't see where you would connect the canbus wires (white/or and white/pink).

What make and model is the radio?
Thanks Sandstone! It’s a Sound storm lab ddml65b. Those are the only 4 wires it has (apart from speaker wires). I just tried hooking it to the cig lighter. I managed to get some buzz from the speakers but nothing on the actual unit.

·
Super Moderator
4,852 Posts
Did you turn the key on? :)

I found the manufactures site: https://www.soundstormlab.com/product/car-video-sound-system-auto-stereo-in-dash-double-din-sound-storm-ddml65b/

Here's the manual:
Manual: http://images.soundstormlab.com/manuals/DDML65B_EN_UM.PDF

Here's the link to the knowledge base:
https://bossaudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

You can post questions there or call their support center:https://www.soundstormlab.com/customer-support/

If you don't get any sound out of the head unit, they suggest checking for the presence of a factory installed amplifer:https://bossaudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000104640-head-unit-has-no-sound-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I did!!! Thanks for sending these over, I’ve put in help desks with them and will try to give them a call tomorrow. Also posted on their forum yesterday but it doesn’t seem to be as active as on here.

Really appreciate your help and patience!

·
Super Moderator
4,852 Posts
You're welcome!

Came across this:

FIXED ISO CONNECTOR A (POWER SUPPLY WIRING)

PIN# 1. (no connection)

PIN# 2. (no connection)

PIN# 3. (no connection)

PIN# 4. CONSTANT +12 VDC (Color YELLOW wire)

PIN# 5. AUTO ANTENNA B+. Outputs a +12 VDC when radio is turned "ON" (Color BLUE wire)

PIN# 6. (no connection)

PIN# 7. ACC +12 VDC. Connects to a Switched Power Supply like the ACC of the Ignition switched. (Color RED wire). Needs to be connected to a +12 VDC power source to turn "ON" on the unit.

PIN# 8. GROUND. Connects to the vehicle GROUND. (Color BLACK wire)

Both the YELLOW and RED wire should have a +12 VDC at the same time, the BLACK ground wire should be connected to GROUND) for the radio to turn "ON".

FIXED ISO CONNECTOR B (SPEAKER WIRING)

PIN# 1. REAR RIGHT SPEAKER (RR+ )

PIN# 2. REAR RIGHT SPEAKER (RR -)

PIN# 3. FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER (FR+ )

PIN# 4. FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER (FR -)

PIN# 5. FRONT LEFT SPEAKER (FL+ )

PIN# 6. FRONT LEFT SPEAKER (FL -)

PIN# 7. REAR LEFT SPEAKER (RL+ )

PIN# 8. REAR LEFT SPEAKER (RL -)

I would go back and check that you have 12v and ground where you should, and whether or not you have a factory installed amp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You're welcome!

Came across this:

FIXED ISO CONNECTOR A (POWER SUPPLY WIRING)

PIN# 1. (no connection)

PIN# 2. (no connection)

PIN# 3. (no connection)

PIN# 4. CONSTANT +12 VDC (Color YELLOW wire)

PIN# 5. AUTO ANTENNA B+. Outputs a +12 VDC when radio is turned "ON" (Color BLUE wire)

PIN# 6. (no connection)

PIN# 7. ACC +12 VDC. Connects to a Switched Power Supply like the ACC of the Ignition switched. (Color RED wire). Needs to be connected to a +12 VDC power source to turn "ON" on the unit.

PIN# 8. GROUND. Connects to the vehicle GROUND. (Color BLACK wire)

Both the YELLOW and RED wire should have a +12 VDC at the same time, the BLACK ground wire should be connected to GROUND) for the radio to turn "ON".

FIXED ISO CONNECTOR B (SPEAKER WIRING)

PIN# 1. REAR RIGHT SPEAKER (RR+ )

PIN# 2. REAR RIGHT SPEAKER (RR -)

PIN# 3. FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER (FR+ )

PIN# 4. FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER (FR -)

PIN# 5. FRONT LEFT SPEAKER (FL+ )

PIN# 6. FRONT LEFT SPEAKER (FL -)

PIN# 7. REAR LEFT SPEAKER (RL+ )

PIN# 8. REAR LEFT SPEAKER (RL -)

I would go back and check that you have 12v and ground where you should, and whether or not you have a factory installed amp.
Thanks! I will go back and check. I had the yellow wire from head unit attached to red/Lb from car and the black ground from head unit attached to black/yellow ground from the car. I was able to hook onto the cigarette lighter for the red wire from the head unit. Perhaps I just need to make sure it’s a secure connection.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Anyone know if this will work for a 2008 patriot or not ???
the procedure should be very similar, just different looking panels, but can't be sure since I don't have an 08. I know there are LOTS of people out there that have replaced their radio in your year of Patriot, so either wait for someone to chime in, or take a crack at removing the panels to access the radio yourself and learn as you go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought an aftermarket radio from BestBuy in February and it was scheduled for installation on 4/2, But due to the coronavirus, BB canceled all appointments. The radio in my 2014 Jeep Patriot stopped working altogether (I did take it to a Jeep dealer and they said it was caput and that they would replace for $600). I'm a tinkerer and have read all the instructions and watched YouTube videos on radio installations and feel somewhat confident. My question is, the current radio is a UConnect 130 RES - there are four connections in the back. I know what 3 of them are, but do not know the forth one. It's next to the antenna jack (see picture - circled in blue
BackPanel.PNG
)...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
there are four connections in the back. I know what 3 of them are, but do not know the forth one. It's next to the antenna jack (see picture - circled in blue)...
That is the connection to the factory satellite radio antenna. It's not needed if you are not retaining this feature.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts