Jeep Patriot Forums banner
181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've had bad luck with the geolanders. I'm at about 24,000 miles on them and i'll need to replace them before winter. They wore very fast. Also, I thought the ride was rough and gas mileage was def down a little. But that was expected. I do have the stu coils. Think i'm going back to the 225/65/17 hankook optimo 727 tires. Much smoother.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great info in this one. I just read every page but im wondering now that everyone has some miles on there yokos how are they performing in the rain/wet. Some one said theyy were terrible in the rain but no one has said that here yet. And is anyone running the 225 60 17?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm considering getting some Geolandars before winter but would like to have a accurate speedometer. I called the dealer to see how much it would cost to reprogram the speedo if I bump up size from stock to 215/70R16. They said IF they could reprogram, it would cost around $100 Can someone confirm they had the speedo adjusted from the dealer and how much. Thanks.
I just called my dealership in Scottsdale, AZ and they quoted me $145. They also mentioned needing to adjust the gear ratios in my transmission. Anyone else heard THAT?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the market for new tires on my stock '14 Latitude FDII with the 17" rims. I'm stuck between the yoko geolander A/T-s and the A/T-G015.

Anyone have any recommendations / opinions that can point me in the right direction? (PS: 2nd post ever!)
Thanks all

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just called my dealership in Scottsdale, AZ and they quoted me $145. They also mentioned needing to adjust the gear ratios in my transmission. Anyone else heard THAT?
For the small difference in OD of tire and change in actual speed vs real speed, I wouldn't bother changing or reprogramming the speedo or speedo gears. With it only being a difference of 1.19mph at 65mph, just know to set your speed at that much below at highway speeds. Generally, you'll be within the acceptable level if a cop clocks your speed...within a 5mph tolerance. Most officers will let you slide if you're under 5mph over the speed.

It could be worse...my trucks are about 8mph off at 65mph due to oversized tires. I've had to resort to using GPS to calculate my speed on them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm in the market for new tires on my stock '14 Latitude FDII with the 17" rims. I'm stuck between the yoko geolander A/T-s and the A/T-G015.

Anyone have any recommendations / opinions that can point me in the right direction? (PS: 2nd post ever!)
Thanks all
I believe the AT G015s are replacing the AT-S, so I'd get those.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes the AT G015 replace the AT-S. I just had the AT G015 Installed last week 225/65/R17. They are replacing the AT-S I had on there previously. First impressions of the new tire is they are quieter than the old one's. Tread pattern is a little different. I got 100,000km out of the AT-S and loved them until last winter they were getting a little squirly on the ice as they were worn down quite a bit. Hence why I replaced them before this winter. I don't have a lot of km's on the new ones as of yet, but I am really liking them a lot so far! and can't wait to see how they are in the winter. I predict them being even better than the AT-S tires and I thought those were awesome in the winter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AT G015's ordered! They come in on Friday. So stoked to slap these on. Wish I had them last season when I had my pass to Mammoth Mountain - we got 4 feet in one weekend (Profile pic is from that trip).

I now live out in Arizona so I'll be able to test these out on all kinds of terrain once they're on. I'll post pics/updates this weekend!

Thanks for the help everyone.

181 - 189 of 189 Posts