Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know loads of other threads talk about headlight bulbs but they all seem to be about mods and extra bright bulbs etc. All I wanted to know was why I was struggling to get an H13 bulb (as the book states) and also why Halfords and Jeep recommended H4?

H4 is easy to get at any carshop where as h13 is particularly rare, expensive and in need of ordering well in advance.

Turns out the difference is something to do with differences in the way lights were manufactured in Europe and how they were manufactured in the states. Through time it transpires that they have become interchangeable.

I've put an h4 in today and looks like it will be fine. I'll report how long it lasts when it cuts out. The bulb I took out turned out also to be h4 and ran out at 40k miles.

Fiddly as hell to change by the way. Search for a thread on UK pats and headlights because it's not the same fitting as mentioned in the book.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
All export patriots run H4 on their Hella headlamps.
Fog lamps run H10.

·
Registered
5 Posts
All export patriots run H4 on their Hella headlamps.
Fog lamps run H10.
My fogs are most definitely NOT H10s, I guess they must have changed them in the facelift? . . . I haven't taken one out yet coz they're "challenging" to access, but the bulbs are spherical. I'll get one out & report back.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
My fogs are most definitely NOT H10s, I guess they must have changed them in the facelift? . . . I haven't taken one out yet coz they're "challenging" to access, but the bulbs are spherical. I'll get one out & report back.
i'm talking fogs 07-09.
don't know about 10-11.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts