Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Jeep Patriot
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With one email I was able to get an appointment to have my crossmembers changed. I found out at the time of the appointment that they were ALSO going to do my catalytic converter under the U67 recall. My appointment was last Tuesday at 9am. Today at 3PM the ONLY part of the job that was completely done was the converter. They said the hold up was getting the crossmembers. Well this afternoon when they called it was to get permission to do about $2800 worth of work to the rearend or they WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to change the rear crossmember. So since it was already VERIFIED that they needed replaced I asked if I could take the new one with me and do it myself and of course they said NO!!! But it is STILL NOT FINISHED yet even WITHOUT doing the rear and they said it looks like Monday afternoon!!! Does it take DAYS to change out the converter and the front crossmember? I haven't had this Jeep a month yet and I ALREADY HATE IT!!!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
With one email I was able to get an appointment to have my crossmembers changed. I found out at the time of the appointment that they were ALSO going to do my catalytic converter under the U67 recall. My appointment was last Tuesday at 9am. Today at 3PM the ONLY part of the job that was completely done was the converter. They said the hold up was getting the crossmembers. Well this afternoon when they called it was to get permission to do about $2800 worth of work to the rearend or they WOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to change the rear crossmember. So since it was already VERIFIED that they needed replaced I asked if I could take the new one with me and do it myself and of course they said NO!!! But it is STILL NOT FINISHED yet even WITHOUT doing the rear and they said it looks like Monday afternoon!!! Does it take DAYS to change out the converter and the front crossmember? I haven't had this Jeep a month yet and I ALREADY HATE IT!!!!
I regret to hear of these multiple recall concerns, STRYKERLD. Is your vehicle still with the dealer? If so, we would like to look in to this further to see where we can assist. Please send us a private message.

Kate
JeepCares

·
Registered
2011 Jeep Patriot
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was quoted $2800 worth of parts and labor BEFORE they would touch the rear crossmember. They said that it needed new struts, sway bar end links and something they describe as a KNUCKLE!!!! 2 Struts and 2 end links do NOT cost ANYWHERE NEAR $2800 so that "KNUCKLE" must be GOLD!!! Then they said they could SAVE ME $800 by NOT doing the struts!!! I asked if I could take the new crossmember and do it myself since it has ALREADY been PROVEN that my Jeep needs it but of course they said no!!! So here it is a week later (well it will be a week at 9am tomorrow) and ALL THAT IS FINISHED is the catalytic converter!!! The service manager said the front crossmember should ONLY take around 4 hours and THAT WAS LAST WEDNESDAY and its STILL NOT DONE TODAY!!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I was quoted $2800 worth of parts and labor BEFORE they would touch the rear crossmember. They said that it needed new struts, sway bar end links and something they describe as a KNUCKLE!!!! 2 Struts and 2 end links do NOT cost ANYWHERE NEAR $2800 so that "KNUCKLE" must be GOLD!!! Then they said they could SAVE ME $800 by NOT doing the struts!!! I asked if I could take the new crossmember and do it myself since it has ALREADY been PROVEN that my Jeep needs it but of course they said no!!! So here it is a week later (well it will be a week at 9am tomorrow) and ALL THAT IS FINISHED is the catalytic converter!!! The service manager said the front crossmember should ONLY take around 4 hours and THAT WAS LAST WEDNESDAY and its STILL NOT DONE TODAY!!!
I have responded to your private message. Please continue to work with me there to avoid any missed messages.

Kate
JeepCares

·
Registered
2011 Jeep Patriot
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got the Jeep back for the SECOND time and it is WORSE then when I picked it up yesterday!!!!! I may have a new front crossmember and a new catalytic converter and a new tie rod end but it is BY FAR WORSE NOW!!! If pops and cracks like stuff is loose. They told me they could NOT find ANYTHING else WRONG with what they fixed and said thes noises might be coming from the steering box! Problem is that the Jeep made ZERO NOISES BEFORE THEY TOUCHED IT!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts