Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Interesting - nothing a body should couldn't do so depends on the price.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Interesting - nothing a body should couldn't do so depends on the price.
The same company makes brackets for the renegade to accommodate wrangler headlights. they want $250 just for the bracket, so add that to the cost of any aftermarket wrangler headlight and that will be 1 option to improve the patriot headlights. Seems a bit expensive just to get off the ground.

Although, if you look closely as the images on that instagram, it looks like there is some issues with a rather large open gap between the oval opening and the circular wrangler headlight assembly, so it may not be the cleanest looking.

Honestly, if these brackets end up being $250 and decent aftermarket wrangler headlights run around $150-250, then you are already in projector retrofit territory in terms of cost, if not more depending on how custom you want to make it. This solution (brackets) would provide the closest to a plug-n-play install as it will ever get.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,559 Posts
Seen about that on spacebook. I'm happy somebody did...something....for the Patriot, but personally I don't see the point.

1. We already have our own headlights, and they work perfectly well.

2. In fact, Patriot headlights work so well, that there are several complaints of other drivers flashing high beams at us when we use low beams. And somehow this isn't bright enough?

3. Most aftermarket lights, especially for something as "hip" or whatever as the weird new Wranglers are, would likely be the blue LED/HID crap that burns everybody's eyes every night on the open road. And alot of those I see are really crazy and stupid-to-me-looking types that have anywhere from 5 to 20 bulbs inside the assembly.

4. This is getting to be a stereotype question.....can I fit headlights for a completely different vehicle into my Patriot? Granted this will fit any slightly-too-small light to it, but why? If upgrading the lights at all, why not do something that pops, like a KC light setup or something? Lightbars and their corresponding "pods" I can understand better too, though admittedly those are kinda cliche these days too, haha. Guess I can be happy that my plan seems to have few enough things that anybody else really wants to do that mine will never be hard to find in a parking lot, haha.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
That was my thought, they would be expensive.
You can have a body shop retrofit your Jeep with a close enough kit for a similar price and have it look better.
As stated our housings are fine - but with HID's I have never been flashed even when I was driving in front :p

·
Use the SEARCH feature
1,480 Posts
Good news.

Although, if you look closely as the images on that instagram, it looks like there is some issues with a rather large open gap between the oval opening and the circular wrangler headlight assembly, so it may not be the cleanest looking.
I noticed that as well. Curious as to the final fitment also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts