Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this morning while sitting in the drive-thru line waiting on my daily coffee, I noticed my right headlight flashing randomly from low beam to high beam. Just the right side. Weird. They're LEDs, and I have a spare set so I'll change them out when I get home because that's the easiest thing to try. Anyone else hear of something like this happening?

·
Registered
37 Posts
So, this morning while sitting in the drive-thru line waiting on my daily coffee, I noticed my right headlight flashing randomly from low beam to high beam. Just the right side. Weird. They're LEDs, and I have a spare set so I'll change them out when I get home because that's the easiest thing to try. Anyone else hear of something like this happening?
Maybe a bad ground???

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the time I got home the right headlight wasn't working at all. Turned out to be a bad LED CANBus/anti-flicker adapter. As soon as I opened the hood I could smell the very strong odor of a fried capacitor... it's a smell that you never forget once you've smelled one. Hopefully I won't have to drive at night until a replacement comes in. At the moment I'm running without one so the headlight is working, but it flashes randomly.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
By the time I got home the right headlight wasn't working at all. Turned out to be a bad LED CANBus/anti-flicker adapter. As soon as I opened the hood I could smell the very strong odor of a fried capacitor... it's a smell that you never forget once you've smelled one. Hopefully I won't have to drive at night until a replacement comes in. At the moment I'm running without one so the headlight is working, but it flashes randomly.
Hey, mr_et2. Are you still experiencing concerns with your headlights? If so, we would be happy to discuss further with you. Send us a private message when you have a moment.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, mr_et2. Are you still experiencing concerns with your headlights? If so, we would be happy to discuss further with you. Send us a private message when you have a moment.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Nope, fixed 'em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts