Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the aux cooler install the other weekend, and in the process, I guess I pulled a wire loose in my front left blinker. Now the turn signal on the front won't work (also when I lock/unlock, front left doesn't flash). Running lights still do work, and the bulb itself still has two good wires.

Does this require re-pinning the socket? Or would it be easier to just replace? If I do replace, would I still have to re-pin the wire that pulled out?

I've tried to google how to fix this, but the only results i've found is taking it apart and soldering it back in. Don't have the tools for that.

Hand Gesture Finger Thumb Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,493 Posts
You'll need to replace the socket. They're pretty cheap at Autozone.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,493 Posts
Easiest way would be to strip the ends of the wires, then crimp the new socket on using crimp connectors. You should be able to pick up a crimping tool and some connectors for around $10-$15.

The best way would be to solder the new socket on, but obviously not if you don't know how to solder.

Don't just twist them together and wrap tape around the wires, they'll just fall apart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Easiest way would be to strip the ends of the wires, then crimp the new socket on using crimp connectors. You should be able to pick up a crimping tool and some connectors for around $10-$15.

The best way would be to solder the new socket on, but obviously not if you don't know how to solder.

Don't just twist them together and wrap tape around the wires, they'll just fall apart.
is this the socket your are talking about?

wouldn't I still need the green part that plugs into that, plus wiring that back up?

sorry, i'm just very confused by all of this as the socket doesn't look to have the green part that plugs into it.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
OK, after taking a better look at your pictures, I think your best bet would be to hit up a junk yard. My local u-pull-it gives stuff like that for free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts