Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a patriot about a month ago, and during the first salting I went to use the windshield washer spray, and I have full force on the driver's side but just a dribble on the other side. It's coming out, but just with barely enough force to hit the windshield.

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? it doesn't seem to be an external blockage so I don't know if its a problem I can fix with maybe some cleaning, or if I'll need a whole new nozzle or other washer system part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not frozen, because i park it in a garage and its been like this for a couple days. i'll try the pin out tomorrow.

it kinda dribbles out like its not getting proper pressure, which makes me think it was something with the washer motor, but yet the driver's side works perfectly, so im not sure

·
Registered
93 Posts
There may be a piece of grit in there. One thing I would recommend is NOT running the washer pump until you find out what is going on. I ruined one on an old Volvo I once had.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Ditto to the above, and try using washer fluid that includes de-icer, even though you park in a garage. Also check for a kinked hose? Not sure how it would have gotten kinked, but you never know.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
No thanks man.,.dont really like the styling..why are you selling it?
I love the car, but I am tired of driving a stick, and I miss 4x4 capability. It is similar in dimensions to the Patriot on the inside, with the exception of more rear passenger room. The 2.4L Toyota 4 cylinder sounds quiet and runs smooth and quick

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine did that last month and I figured it was pluged up but it was broken..at the place that the hose hooks up..dont know why because it is under the insulation on the hood.had to replace the whole part....

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
I would say to unhook the hose at the nozzle, and see if it squirts ok from the hose. Then you know if the nozzle is clogged, or the hose, and go from there. Could be a split hose, or bad connection, etc.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had this dead spray problem a couple times, usually at the beginning of spray season. I don't usually use the wash sprayer over the warmer months. The recent time was just dried out hose, that just needed repeated priming.

Another time was a pinched washer hose caught between the hood and the insulation pad bracket. Just unhook the pad; eyeball for kink, pinch, and wet leaks. Saved me a dealer trip.

bonne chance

·
Registered
49 Posts
You will probely find that crud had blocked the washer motor intake in the washer tank. I had the same problem. If you find that tank and grasp the motor it pulls straight upward and you can then clean the intake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
upon further look, there is actually a crack in the nozzel itself on the hood. with the help of someone pulling back the washer fluid handle, i found that when i pushed down on the nozzel, which restricted flow out of the crack, the washer worked perfectly.

I'm going to attempt gorilla glue-ing the crack together to see if i cant fix it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Has anyone taken the nozzles off the hood? I looked into how to do it but there is no hole directly underneath the nozzle to figure out how to squeeze the tabs to get the nozzle off. Has anyone been successful at taking them off?

·
Registered
578 Posts
If this happens again, try nail polish removed. I bet if you use your windshield washer fliud squirting thingy majig regularly, (this goes for all patriot and non patriot owners) i bet it keeps it clear of dust, pebbles and will help keep it clear and clean.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine did that last month and I figured it was pluged up but it was broken..at the place that the hose hooks up..dont know why because it is under the insulation on the hood.had to replace the whole part....
Bingo! You are correct sir...I am experiencing the same thing now, and then entire plastic assy must be replaced. You could probably go to the junk yard and swap out an assy, but I'm taking it to the dealer for new part replacement.

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
A really small flat head screw driver should help pinch the clip that holds it onto the hood.

I've had to replace one already on my Jeep. It cracked on it's own and lost pressure, some of the washer fluid was spraying my engine cover and computer on the air box.

The little part costs about $20 at the dealership or $15 on ebay.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts