Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Railroad photographer
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use for cleaning the inside of your windows? I have been using Windex but I'm not happy with the results. I have seen a few products on the market for cleaning windows but I don't want to waste the money trying them if they don't work. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
Diluted denatured alcohol works wonders if mixed properly. Either use good quality paper towels or a microfiber cloth to clean them really good. Not sure what other "ready to use" products to recommend.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Dunk a sponge in hot water, quickly wring it out, wipe the glass, then polish with a crumpled up newspaper. I do this on the out side too. no smear marks left and none return when you use the wipers. No chemical reside to smear the screen.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
I use Windex as well, but it usually takes about 4 paper towels to get it streak free.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My M.I.L. got me a car cleaning kit from Armorall. I really like the glass cleaner.
I also like the wipes they have for glass and for the interior.

If you dont clean the inside of your windows regularly (once / 1-2 months) there is a film that builds up that will take a few times to get it clean.

For the exterior i like to put rain-x on afterwards too. Here in Ohio when we get snow, light rain it is a pain when the road grime mixes with just enough water from the highway spray that fogs your window, but not enough to wipe it clean.... The rain-x keeps it from sticking and will let your wipers clear you view without using a gallon of wiper fluid.

·
I don't reMember
1,133 Posts
Dunk a sponge in hot water, quickly wring it out, wipe the glass, then polish with a crumpled up newspaper. I do this on the out side too. no smear marks left and none return when you use the wipers. No chemical reside to smear the screen.
Ahhhh... crumpled up newspapers. My father used to do that. I remember it working well..

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
Trouble with newspaper is the ink...so use roll ends of blank newspaper if you like it.
Trouble with cheap paper towel is some actually have metal in them...so use premium stuff and DO NOT use recycled stuff.

The interior film is partly from you and your passengers activity but mostly off gassing from the plastics. Mine is still forms a film and its just over a year old.

I use a non ammonia, foaming cleaner that I buy from a auto jobber here with old cotton dish cloths and tea towels for the scrub/rub part.

And here is the $100 tip: After you have the glass squeaky clean, wax it in and out. Use the new rub on, hand buff off polymer wax, not the old school carnuba wax. It makes the glass way easier to clean, less stuff sticks on outside glass and rain drops just bead up and blow off when you are at speed so way less wiper use.

I use this stuff:

which is a polish and wax so it also is a bit of final cleaner....windows sparkle and seem to stay cleaner longer.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
The paper towels at most gas stations are very close to newspaper type paper, when you get gas, grab a few. When ready to clean the windows, you'll have plenty.

Mircrofiber cloths also work well.

be careful with the newsprint paper, as it often has debris in it, as most of it is recycled now.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I use Invisible glass it works really well
If you have after market tint NEVER use windex on your windows it will strip the wax off the film and you will have purple tint over time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts