Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
The cheapest new grocery getter for the wife!
No, you did it to get EW to quit bugging you for being on this forum for years without ever owning a Patriot.
(just kidding)

·
7,817 Posts
I bought a used 2009, FWD, 5 speed and with 114,000 miles . . . The front subframe was replaced due to the rust issue several years but was under warranty.
But you weren't the original owner. Did you have an aftermarket warranty? From what I've heard the extended warrant is only for the original owner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought mine because I was recently promoted to manager and was losing my company van. My new salary package came with a vehicle allowance so I wanted something I could buy with that. I wanted a Jeep...could not afford a Wrangler and of course a Gladiator was right out. Came across this beautiful snow white 2011 Latitude 4x4 for a sweet price and grabbed it. Only complaint so far is the whiney gearbox after driving on the freeway and the fact that no cool Jeep parts were ever made for the Patriot...but I'll have the tranny cooler put in when they force the Smittybilt tubular bumper down its throat in a few weeks and life should be good! Put the Curt class III hitch on it so my daughter and I can haul our mountain bikes to the trails, she loves it...we call it the Jeepster lol

·
7,817 Posts
Rook, you look a little young to be driving. Ah well, the older I get the younger other people look. Good luck managing the bicycle business.

All seriousness aside, it may be that you got your Patriot on the cheap because the last person was nervous about that whine -- and rightfully so. Tranny fluid in the CVT should be changed out every 50-60,000 miles. A whine from the (non)gearbox is a good indicator that the fluid needs to be changed out. Have them do the filters while you're at it.

Oh, I see you're new on here. Please drop by the newbie threads and introduce yourself to the others on this site. We've got a nice crowd on here. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I bought mine because I was recently promoted to manager and was losing my company van. My new salary package came with a vehicle allowance so I wanted something I could buy with that. I wanted a Jeep...could not afford a Wrangler and of course a Gladiator was right out. Came across this beautiful snow white 2011 Latitude 4x4 for a sweet price and grabbed it. Only complaint so far is the whiney gearbox after driving on the freeway and the fact that no cool Jeep parts were ever made for the Patriot...but I'll have the tranny cooler put in when they force the Smittybilt tubular bumper down its throat in a few weeks and life should be good! Put the Curt class III hitch on it so my daughter and I can haul our mountain bikes to the trails, she loves it...we call it the Jeepster lol
View attachment 91205 View attachment 91206
LOL, I call ours the Jeepster too! But I am a T-Rex fan too, so it's fitting. You have the CV trans?

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL, I call ours the Jeepster too! But I am a T-Rex fan too, so it's fitting. You have the CV trans?
Yes it is the CVT. When they put the trans cooler in they will replace all filters and fluid as well...I have no clue when it was last done so now I will. Runs strong though, just a faint whine after a long freeway drive.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts