Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the RRO lift kit, and will be giving my Riot a lift New Year's weekend. I want to add some aggressive tires after the lift, but what's the largest I will be able to get away with, before the tires start rubbing during turns and over bumps? I have the 17" premium wheels. This will be the first vehicle I've ever modified, so bear with me. I've only driven stock 4 wheel drive vehicles. I've finally gotten the itch to beef one up so any and all advice will be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Dooda, there are a ton of threads for tires, search for the "which ones fit and which ones don't" thread. The choice is a little slim for the 17" wheels, but there are a few good choices. My next set will hopefully be the Cooper ATR 235/65R17's. One because they are made in America and two, they're about the largest you can run without major rubbing (a lot of folks comment that size rubs at full steering lock). Though some with the RRO lift and 235 sized tires state they needed rear wheel spacers to keep the wider tire from rubbing the rear spring. Something with how the RRO lift pushes the rear spring outward.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey todde702, thanks for the info. I'll look for that thread. And you are spot on about the limited choices for 17" rims. I'm baffled as to why there's not a better selection :doh:

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you go up to 235/65-17 there are quite a few aggressive tire options. This size is a 29 inch overall diameter tire that a lot of people of used, although there are reports of rubbing. Some of the tires in this size include:
Goodyear Fortera TripleTred,
Multi-mile Wild Country XTX Sport,
Bridgestone Dueler A/T D695,
Bridgestone Dueler REVO’s,
Firestone Destination A/T,
Fuzion XTi,
Kumho Road Venture AT KL78,
Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61,
Michelin LTX A/T 2,
Pirelli Scorpion A/T ,
Pirelli Scorpion ATR,
Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T,
Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S,
Falken High Country A/T,
Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T

·
Registered
511 Posts
When I first got the Patriot I was :);):notworthy::D with the 17" rims. Now that I want to make my Patriot to look more aggressive I feel :(:doh::mad::confused: about the 17" rims. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts