Jeep Patriot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Dealer Lifted MK

My local dealer has begun to offer lifted Patriots right off the showroom floor. Kinda pricy, but they look TOUGH! Sporting 245/65/17's with a 2.5 inch lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Hi

I am looking at purchasing some 235/60/17 4x4 tyres for my patriot has anyone got any experience of this size if they rub or not, my patriot is not lifted.

Thanks for any help
I am looking at the same size so I can upgrade my stock 215/60R-17 tires. Not a big fan of the Firestone Affinity tires in bad weather( i.e. winter ). What was Jeep thinking using a tire size that basically only has pasenger car tires available on a 4WD Jeep?

I have concerns about rubbing as well not because of the overall height but rather due to the section width of the tire. It is very close to the stock 215/65R-17 tires height wise but it is wider and I would hate to spend money on tires and have them rub on the suspension or hit in sharp turns.

I haven't seen anyone post they are running this size( lifted or not ). If anyone has this size could you let us know if there are any rub issues. This tire seems to be an ideal replacement tire for those who want a true light truck tire( AS or AT )as it is very close to the OE tire size( 215/65 = 28.00 235/60 = 28.10 ) and won't screw up the speedo much at all( @ 60 MPH on speedo actual speed 215/65 = 60 MPH 235/60 = 59.7 MPH ). MY only concern is the section width possibly being an issue if the OE tires are maxing out the available space( 215/65 = 8.46 235/60 = 9.25 ).

It never even crossed my mind that the tires would be such an issue due to the oddball size used on a 4WD suv. I want to run Firestone Destinatio LE all seasons as they are excellent tires. They come in 235/60R-17 but not in either of the 2 OE sizes.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I am looking at the same size so I can upgrade my stock 215/60R-17 tires. Not a big fan of the Firestone Affinity tires in bad weather( i.e. winter ). What was Jeep thinking using a tire size that basically only has pasenger car tires available on a 4WD Jeep?

I have concerns about rubbing as well not because of the overall height but rather due to the section width of the tire. It is very close to the stock 215/65R-17 tires height wise but it is wider and I would hate to spend money on tires and have them rub on the suspension or hit in sharp turns.

I haven't seen anyone post they are running this size( lifted or not ). If anyone has this size could you let us know if there are any rub issues. This tire seems to be an ideal replacement tire for those who want a true light truck tire( AS or AT )as it is very close to the OE tire size( 215/65 = 28.00 235/60 = 28.10 ) and won't screw up the speedo much at all( @ 60 MPH on speedo actual speed 215/65 = 60 MPH 235/60 = 59.7 MPH ). MY only concern is the section width possibly being an issue if the OE tires are maxing out the available space( 215/65 = 8.46 235/60 = 9.25 ).

It never even crossed my mind that the tires would be such an issue due to the oddball size used on a 4WD suv. I want to run Firestone Destinatio LE all seasons as they are excellent tires. They come in 235/60R-17 but not in either of the 2 OE sizes.
i run 235/65/17 and have no rubbing whatsoever. even tried them with spacers off,still no rubbing.
so i guess 235/60/17 shouldn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
673 Posts

Another great tire in 235/60R17 is the Toyo Open County AT. It is a very popular tire and has a good reputation (never had them myself).
I think you would be ok with a 235/60 tire. People with 235/65 report rubbing sometimes but not all.
A good tire shop won't mind trying some tires on for you to see if the rub at full lock.
I have seen a patriot with 235/60R17 with Toyo open Country AT's before. It was some random patriot in a parking lot so I don't know if they rubbed or not. But at least we know someone is running that size!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
235/60/17 does not rub,even on non lifted pats.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Anyone ever try the Bridgestone Blizzaks? Thinkin about going with Geolanders or them?
Just wanted to make sure you know the Blizzaks are a winter tire. They are not made to be used all year (they make performance sacrifices to gain winter traction, not to mention they would wear out quickly). The Geolander ATS' are year round tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61 - 235/65/17

WITH Stu's Coils, I get rub at full lock left and right

~Andrew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will a 245/65/17 or 245/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM tire fit with little/slight rubbing if my 2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 is lifted with Stu Coils?

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,098 Posts
Will a 245/65/17 or 245/70/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM tire fit with little/slight rubbing if my 2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 4x4 is lifted with Stu Coils?
Even with a lift and coils those tires are far to large to fit on a patriot, they "May fit" but barely and would rub quite badly. Member "boilermaker" did 245/65/17 on his FDII patriot but requires wheel spacers to run that size.

235/65/17 s as big as you would want to go in a 65 series, 225/70/17 has been done with a little bit of rubbing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is exactly what I plan to do = 245/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM mounted on factory rims....

Getting the RRO lift first tho...and since the lift makes the tires track width narrower because of the suspension geometry, I plan on getting spacers anyway. I think I'm gonna go with 1.5" spacers, so that it'll basically be like having a 0 offset on the factory rims.

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2009 Patriot and Stu's 2” lift springs, I need to replace my tyres and want to put larger profile on.

I tend to do mainly do city driving (not much offroad) currently I have 215 60 R17

What size and brand tires would you recommend?
Also will I need to get the speedo adj?

What tyres are available in Australia

·
Registered
350 Posts
Anyone ever try the Bridgestone Blizzaks? Thinkin about going with Geolanders or them?
Trust me on this, if your planing to use the blizzaks for a year round tire it's not gonna happen. Your not even going to last a couple months into the spring season once the temperature warms up. I had blizzaks on my old car for the winter but didn't have enough money to replace two tires on my other set of wheels so I ran the blizzaks a few months into the spring. The tires get very soft in warm climates as well as bad control when going into turns, horrible in the rain but amazing in snow. Blizzaks are strictly for temperatures under about 40 degrees. You'll see the tread wear extremely fast once the weather warms up. But that's exactly why it's not an all season tire and strictly a winter tire.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Don't know if it matters at this point but I am another member who has 235/65/17 Geolander ATS on a 2010 FD1 4x4 non lifted and does not rub. As a side note, it fills out the wheel wells nicely to the point that I was going to get wheel spacers but I don't need to now.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't know if it matters at this point but I am another member who has 235/65/17 Geolander ATS on a 2010 FD1 4x4 non lifted and does not rub. As a side note, it fills out the wheel wells nicely to the point that I was going to get wheel spacers but I don't need to now.
What are the specs on the wheels ur running them on?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

41 - 60 of 95 Posts