Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Latitude, 4WD, 2.4L, 6 speed transmission

I know the year will come. What brand of motor/transmission mounts to go with? The anchors seem to be popular on Rock Auto.

· Registered
2015 JEEP Patriot Sport 4x4
13 Posts
Sandstone
Is this the correct PN?
Torque Solution 4 Piece Engine Mount Kit | 2008-2015 Mitsubishi Lancer (TS-EX-1234)
Applications
  • 2008-2015 Lancer
  • 2008-2015 Lancer Ralliart
  • 2008-2015 Lancer Evolution X

In reading some of the reviews on MAPerformance, it seems like there are still vibrations issues even with using these. Do you have them in your Patriot? Maybe just all the hp in the Evo compared to a Patriot is causing the vibrations.
Thanks

· Administrator
8,786 Posts
Here's the info source for the Evo parts:

I don't have them installed.

If you're talking about vibration when stopped in gear with your foot on the brake, the Evo mounts probably won't eliminate that.

· Administrator
8,786 Posts
Some of it is just the nature of the beast (small motor with automatic transmission lugging down at low rpm), along with not having much rubber in the engine mounts to dampen the vibration.

Those rubber "legs" in the mount are there to help lessen vibration transfer but they can tear / break over time and when they do it sometimes lets the engine move around enough on acceleration to take the CV joints past a safe angle, then they fail too.

This was the case on our old Caravan 3.3l. It got bad enough we were replacing axles and mounts every year, until I was able to find an aftermarket mount filled solid with 60 durometer urethane (no legs). A little more vibration than stock overall, but can't tear so no more trashed axles. In later years, Chrysler started making the mounts larger with more rubber which helped.

The Evo joints are solid so no legs to tear and they'll last longer, but may transfer more vibration because of it.

As a hack, some people would take Window Weld or something similar to fill in the gaps on stock mounts to try to make it more solid.

· Registered
1,402 Posts
I don't know the difficulty level of replacing our Patriot motor mounts. An in depth Google search of "anchor industries motor mounts review" looks very hit or miss.

· Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know the difficulty level of replacing our Patriot motor mounts. An in depth Google search of "anchor industries motor mounts review" looks very hit or miss.
I know it. Most people come to complain or get help so reading through reviews can be challenging.

· Registered
2008 Jeep Patriot Sport
5,470 Posts
I forget what brand I used but the difficult one is the rear trans mount as its blind bolt removal by feel and limited space for the bolts and wiggling it out and back in. Get your zen meditation skills ready before you do it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts