Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’m new here. My husband has a 2012 Jeep Patriot that has been sitting for about a month with a shot transmission. It’s the CVT trans and we’re in search for a new one. Does anyone have links to websites for remanufactured or new/never used transmissions? Our budget is $4,000.

·
Super Moderator
5,658 Posts
You could try contacting these people:

If you give them your VIN, hopefully they can give you a price and the exact part number you need so you can comparison shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may want to go for a remanufactured or scrap yard part however. I'm not even sure a 2012 Patriot is worth 4000 USD.

EDIT: Here in Canada, a pristine North model would go for about 6000 CAD which is about 4.5k USD so yea not the best deal.

·
8,433 Posts
I would avoid a junk yard transmission. You could be spending however much it costs and get a tranny that's only good for a short while, if at all. At least with a rebuilt/remanufactured transmission you're getting something that will go the distance.

As for whether it's worth it, my Dad advised me, "The cheapest car you'll ever own is the one you own today." What else could you get for $4000? Probably a vehicle with a lot of miles that's going to bring its own set of problems . . .

If you fix what you've got you know what you've got.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Were the fluid and filters ever changed in the CVT transmission ? Who said the transmission is shot ? Was it ever serviced ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts