Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the 18" Dodge Caliber Wheel or a 18" Chrysler 300 wheel will they fit?

They are 18" x 7 and 18" x 7.5

What is the widest wheel you can get without having problems?

What size tires can you get on the 18" wheel?

I want something different but not sure of sizes and stuff.

Thanks for your help! :p

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also is the Caliber basiclly the same as the Jeep Patriot as far as engine, trans, brakes, ect..??

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
Take a look at the 18" Compass wheel. For sure that will fit. The stock Compass tire is P215/55R18. The brakes for sure are different (smaller) on the Dodge Caliber. A 15" Caliber wheel WILL NOT fit on a Patriot. 29" Diameter is about as large as you dare go before it will hit the front strut spring mount. If you go that big keep them thin, 215 or 205 or even 195, so they don't rub on full lock turns. If you don't care that the wheels stick out beyond the fenders, then there are more options. Just adjust the backspacing of the wheel so it won't rub on turns. There are many tire threads here. Go to the green bar above and use the search function. There are probably as many threads about tire size as any topic here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a set of 4 of chrome 18" Compass wheels on ebay. I won the bid and paid $154 for the set plus shipping. So, Now I just need to find that tire size (215-55-R18) and just put them on. Right? lol..

Thanks for your help! ;-)

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
APT thanks for posting that. I'm really liking my Goodrich winter tires. Too bad these don't come in 16".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wheel pic above is the wheels I just bought (have not got them yet). Once I get tires and get them on I will post pics.

I also just got the windows tinted (5% all around but the 2 front they are 30%)

;-)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wheels are on!!

Just got them put on tonight but its too dark for good pics. Here is one you can kinda see... lol.. I have to buy some Jeep center caps now.

·
Mr. December 2008
854 Posts
Sure beats the stock wheels!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts