Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have been doing a ton of research the past few weeks on new tires/wheels for my car and I can't get a straight answer. I have a 2016 4x2 Patriot. I am looking at either 235/70/16 or 225/75/16 tires and Pro Comp 31 16x8 5x4.5 lug and 4.5 in backspacing and 0 offset.

I went to America's Tires and the guy told me I would have to lift my car 4 inches to have those wheels fit my car. But I have seen pics/videos of Patriots with those exact wheels. I've been reading through the forums and some people say yes it will work and other say no. I'm new to this so ANY help/suggestions are more than welcomed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,062 Posts
The two tires you mention are 29" and 29.5" respectively. You won't need a 4" lift, but you may need to do the pinch weld mod.

If you want, you could also reach out to Discount Tire via PM. They've done a lot of test fitting of different rims and tires on these vehicles, and can probably give you a definite thumbs up or down.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I RAN 235/70/16 Cooper AT3's on steel rims the same size as the pro-comps you are looking at. No issues on my 2014 FDII. I might be mistaken on this point, but I think that after 2012 all Patriots got the same suspension components. So there shouldn't be a height difference between them. If that's not accurate, then as Sandstone said above, you may have to do the pinch weld mod to eliminate some rubbing.
Without a lift, you probably WILL have to do at least the pinch weld mod for the 225/75/16's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I was planning on doing the PWM this weekend. Another question I have would be do you think that the 235/70 would be a better fit on the 8 inch wheel? I read that the 225/75 may make the tire stretch too much and look weird?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts