Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2014 Patriot and I'm looking to get some aggressive looking wheels on there. However, I'm honestly not very knowledgeable as to what size wheels and tires work with each other. I'm pretty much going for the look that @jeepmk22 has on instagram. I like the tires but I want a different style of wheels. Preferably matte black. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Much appreciated!

I can't post URLs but if you look up @jeepmk22 on instagram you'll see what I mean. His patriot is freakin dirty

·
Super Moderator
5,518 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I am fairly new to the tire and rim game as well I knew NOTHING about what would work and what wouldn't but after a lot of homework I got the set up I wanted a little modification to the pinch weld is all I had to do I have no lift and no spacers I liked the flat black look as well I went with pro comp series 31 rims I can give u exact specs if u like the tires are 225/75/16 I did everything myself due to the tire shops saying I could not go from factory 17s to a 16 inch rim they stick out just enough for that aggressive look plus all terrain options are much better in smaller rim sizes here are some pics if you like my setup I can give u the exact rim dimensions to save u some time that's where I struggled the most some said it will fit others said it wouldn't work lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, I like the look alot! I think I saw a youtube video with the Pro Comp Rims and General Grabber tires. Is that the setup you have? Also, did you do the pinch weld yourself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it!! And Yes i did the pinch weld mod myself with a sledge hammer and then primed and painted the bare metal so it wouldn't rust and used a heat gun to fold plastic fender well down I was told by several tire shops smaller rims wouldn't clear calipers since I had factory 17s the backspacing is important for the tires not to hit the suspension I've got 4.5 backspacing which I think is a 0 offset sits away just enough and I'm running the 225/75/16 general grabber at2's on the pro comp series 31 rim clears calipers just fine and it's just like the guy in the videos set up the video was what helped push me into doing actually seeing it work lol but its got no rub but pinch weld mod is a must also be careful if u use the heat gun on the plastic I got distracted and melted a small hole in it lol no harm done but I'm a perfectionist so it bugs me but yeah I like this set up lifted my clearance by an inch and looks more aggressive for sure and as I said no lift or spacers but pwm is a must!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts