Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I love my Jeep Patriot! It's a 2014. Here's a problem. I had the actuator replaced because it would not blow air (but did put out a little heat) and made knocking noises. I got my beloved Jeep from the dealership which cost $350 and drove off. I noticed that it put out cold air on heat and defrost. So, I turned right around and took it back but the mechanics had already left. Well, now it puts out air nicely, but there is no heat at all. What do I do?

I don't want them to charge me more for not fixing it correctly the first time. I also don't want to be without it for another week. I'm really tired of the dealership acting this way.

Kat

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,058 Posts
Welcome to the group, Kat! If it wouldn't blow at all, that sounds like a bad blower motor, or possibly something stuck in the fan, keeping it from spinning properly and making noises in the process. That could have been possible if the cabin air filter was removed, or if your Patriot didn't come with one. If it's blowing, but only blowing cold, then it's either a stuck blend door or a broken blend door actuator.

If hot air came out before you took it to the dealer and now it doesn't, you should take it back and give them the chance to make it right. If they won't, them maybe send a privete message here to JeepCares and see if they can talk to the dealer for you. If that doesn't work, that actuator is only around $20 on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Premium-Ac...p+patriot+hvac+actuator&qid=1610241325&sr=8-4

It's actually quite easy to replace, you just need to kinda be a contortionist to reach it.

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
Welcome, Kat! I'd take it right back to the dealer first thing Monday morning and tell them, "I paid you $350 to fix my heater and it's not fixed." A decent dealer should take care of it pronto and without charging you again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the group, Kat! If it wouldn't blow at all, that sounds like a bad blower motor, or possibly something stuck in the fan, keeping it from spinning properly and making noises in the process. That could have been possible if the cabin air filter was removed, or if your Patriot didn't come with one. If it's blowing, but only blowing cold, then it's either a stuck blend door or a broken blend door actuator.

If hot air came out before you took it to the dealer and now it doesn't, you should take it back and give them the chance to make it right. If they won't, them maybe send a privete message here to JeepCares and see if they can talk to the dealer for you. If that doesn't work, that actuator only around $20 on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Actuator-C...+patriot+blend+actuator&qid=1610239247&sr=8-7

It's actually quite easy to replace, you just need to kinda be a contortionist to reach it.
The dealership replaced the actuator on January 8, 2021. Now it's blowing cold air for everything. So, the new actuator might be broken?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,058 Posts
The dealership replaced the actuator on January 8, 2021. Now it's blowing cold air for everything. So, the new actuator might be broken?
It is possible. It's also possible that they didn't plug the connector in all the way and the wires came loose.

·
Administrator
5,830 Posts
It is possible. It's also possible that they didn't plug the connector in all the way and the wires came loose.
Hmm...fuse 15 on the Patriot supplies power to the radiator fans, be interesting if it works.

·
Use the SEARCH feature
1,513 Posts
Definitely take it back, otherwise you paid 350 for half the job. I don't think it's likely they will charge you again. Have they done something like that before? You can pm @JeepCares and see if they can help support you with the dealer visit.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hmm...fuse 15 on the Patriot supplies power to the radiator fans, be interesting if it works.
Yeah, I realized that that procedure was for a GC. My bad. Apparently the Patriot calibrates the HVAC actuators whenever the key is off and the driver door opens and closes. I edited that link out as soon as I realized.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely take it back, otherwise you paid 350 for half the job. I don't think it's likely they will charge you again. Have they done something like that before? You can pm @JeepCares and see if they can help support you with the dealer visit.
Yes, they have done things like that before. This group bought out the original dealership from whom I purchased my Jeep.

Thank you for that piece of information!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes, they have done things like that before. This group bought out the original dealership from whom I purchased my Jeep.

Thank you for that piece of information!
Sorry to hear of these concerns, Kat. We do recommend returning to the dealership to allow them the chance to pinpoint the cause of your situation. Should you need any assistance while doing so, send us a PM.

Kate
JeepCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to hear of these concerns, Kat. We do recommend returning to the dealership to allow them the chance to pinpoint the cause of your situation. Should you need any assistance while doing so, send us a PM.

Kate
JeepCares
The dealership said they think it's air bubbles in the system. But if the settling of the air bubbles that they tried to get out doesn't work, they will charge another $170 to flush it. That's all they can think of.

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
JeepCares said: "Should you need any assistance while doing so, send us a PM." You have to click on their avatar and then "Write something to JeepCares." Maybe you did. I'm not so sure they will check back to this thread. They've been very helpful for some of our members.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The dealership said they think it's air bubbles in the system. But if the settling of the air bubbles that they tried to get out doesn't work, they will charge another $170 to flush it. That's all they can think of.
Thanks for the update. As stated, we would be happy to dig into this further. Send us a private message and we can discuss how to proceed.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 14 of 14 Posts