Jeep Patriot Forums banner

381 - 400 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
$700 a month payment? Wow! Even at 100% financing that still seems high.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
went to bank rate and nissanusa.com. A titan that is a crew cab, 4x4, extended bed (which I'm guess all this by the pic he posted) and NO other options comes out to 37200, round up to 40000 for taxes, and other stupid fees. Put that in 100% financing for 6 years and a at dealer average interest rate for people with just OK credit of 9%, and you get a payment of $721. even at a more reasonable 7% interest payment would be $682...

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
Still have my 1992 Chrysler Lebaron GTC, 250,000 miles, converted from auto to 5 speed manual. 3.0L V6, white with white top and black wheels. It's my first car and has been through a lot! Can't wait to get a patriot!
Might as well share some photos finally. Since I've owned my Patriot for almost a year now and still like to tinker with my old car.

Engine modifications:

Custom made K&N Cold Air Intake
52mm Throttle Body
14* Ignition Timing
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Phenolic Intake Plenum Spacers
180* Thermostat
2.5" Catback Exhaust
MSD Coil PN-8228
Accel 8mm Wires
Solid Polyurethane Motor Mounts
Aluminum Radiator
Radiator Fan Bypass Switch
A/F Ratio Gauge
Optima Redtop Battery

·
Registered
840 Posts
went to bank rate and nissanusa.com. A titan that is a crew cab, 4x4, extended bed (which I'm guess all this by the pic he posted) and NO other options comes out to 37200, round up to 40000 for taxes, and other stupid fees. Put that in 100% financing for 6 years and a at dealer average interest rate for people with just OK credit of 9%, and you get a payment of $721. even at a more reasonable 7% interest payment would be $682...
Had a 3yr loan even after paid a bunch down. Not quite $700 but you get the picture. Wife used to ask me how much it cost to fill up that truck... I told her I didn't know cause the gas pump automatically shuts off at $100. Sad thing is nissan hasn't come out w/a new pickup in 10yrs. That was 2007-2008... aka "pre-bad economy era" I could afford to drive anything I wanted. Life was grand.
In fact here's a video of me in the new boat I had with my big cheesy grin:
Then Jdog became Poordog. Only buy cheaper vehicles w/cash now(aka used patriots).. took 5yrs but as of last month both me and my small business are completely out of debt !!

·
Registered
184 Posts
My trucks

In order from most recent:

Current: 2013 Jeep Patriot Latitude FDII (Freedom edition)

2006 Chevy Avalanche Z71 (majestic vans conversion)

2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

2009 Nissan Xterra S

2005 Chevy Trailblazer

2003 Chevy Avalanche Z71

1998 Nissan Frontier

·
Registered
622 Posts
my old vett

Since every one was sharing images i thought i would too.
my old vett '81 1.1 diesel
81 Suk 850gls

·
Registered
28 Posts
In order: Pretty much all with a lot of mods

2003 Hyundai Accent (first car)
1998 Ford Contour SVT
2003 Dodge Dakota 4x4
2003 Chevy Cavalier Sport
2000 Jeep Cherokee (what started the Jeep thing)
2002 Chevy Trailblazer
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2008 Ford Ranger
2010 Chevy Impala
2004 Jeep Wrangler
2011 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T
2013 Jeep Patriot

·
Registered
622 Posts
the reason I had bought that that was when I started my job to pay was terrible for the first year and it was a 52 mile drive each direction without 1.1 liter diesel I was getting 56 miles to a gallon I wanted to keep the car for work car but after I got the guy my first year in I came home to my wife had somebody wanting to buy it and a considerably higher price that I paid for it this was upsetting to Mesa to little things save me a fortune in gas

·
Registered
184 Posts
As a Nissan fan, I really dig those Frontiers and the Xterra.
Thanks! :smiley_thumbs_up: Loved them both, but the mpg's are horrible. wouldn't have gotten rid of the xterra but needed a truck, would've kept the frontier except again mpg's are horrible and I can get the same from a full sized chevy, so got another avalanche, then didn't need a truck so back to an SUV, and here lies the Pat :)

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I love that white Lebaron. Before my Pat, i drove a 2004 WRX. Lots of mods on that car. Planned on keeping both cars but my wallet couldnt keep up. I had a 96 grand cherokee limited during the six years i had the subie. Before that i had a 94 and 95 lebaron both convertible. About thirty other cars but those are the ones worth mentioning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
Thank you very much 2014jeeppatriotSilver for the kind words about my first car.

That Lebaron has been a blast and I have so many great memories in that car. What colors were your 94 and 95?

My cousin had two WRX's a few years ago, they were crazy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I drove, in order:

1. 1991 GMC Jimmy
2. 1989 Honda Prelude
3. 1996 Toyota Tacoma

All were 5 speed's.
My 2009 Patriot is no different :D

I miss every single one to death (except the Honda).
If they somehow did not end up at the crusher's, and I found them, I would pay untold fortunes to have them back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
In reverse chronological order before Patriot:

2004 Reno Scenic 1.9 DCI
1996 Volvo 960 2.5 converted to CNG/Gas bi-fuel
1999 Reno Clio 1.9D
1999 Ford Transit 2.5D
1992 Land Rover Discovery 200 TDI
1994 Ford Mondeo 1.8 TD

All were 5 speed manual, and we still own them all except Mondeo that my dad totaled. My favorite car from the list above (and my first car) is Land Rover. It was bought used, it leaks every fluid possible, it is amazing how much we abused it and it still runs. I had 12 people in it for 150 km on road driving, 9 people for 2 weeks of off road driving plus gear on top, towed pretty much everything that i could hook on like cars that blocked my garage (with parking brake on). Been in 3 crashes with very little damage to it, did lot off road driving, drove it on diesel, cooking oil, heating oil, gas-diesel mix, filtered engine oil mixed with diesel...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have not had as many cars as most of you, over the same sort of period, but here is my list:
1) 1983 Renault 5TS
2) 1992 Opel Kadett 1.4
3) 2004 Renault Megane 1.6
4) 2011 Patriot 2.4 Limited

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
701 Posts
I miss her so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 Blue Honda Fit LX

Great car, tremendous to park and drive, just wanted to bump up to something a bit bigger that didn't kill me on gas either so I went with an '07 patriot last week. I'd wanted one for a while just didn't wanna pay for it. Got a half decent price, got rid of my Honda and went for it. Now I can go camping without worrying about killing my car haha! That Fit served me very well, I'd recommend them to anyone who wants a small car with loads of space and easy maneuverability.

381 - 400 of 429 Posts