Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Jeeps have you owned? Please share a list, description, and your impressions of it/them.

I'll start:

1974 Cherokee, 360, a/t. Otherwise bare bones. Loved it. Sold it when I got married cuz I couldn't afford both the Jeep and the Wife. Tough decision but I've still got the Wife, and several Jeeps since.

1988 Wrangler 258, 5-spd. (Wife's) Wife worked for a hospital. She needed to get there even in bad weather.

1993 Cherokee, 4.0 5-spd. (Mine) Used it for work. Couldn't keep a clutch in it. Got wrecked followed by a poor repair job. Glad to be rid of it after only 6 months..

1994 Wrangler, 2.5 5-spd. (Wife's) She'd traded the '88 Wrangler (above) for something "cushier." First snowstorm She slid off the road in Her Buick Grand Sport. She went back to a Jeep.

2004 Wrangler, 4.0 5-spd. (Wife's) Nice vehicle. Wish we'd kept it longer.

2008 Patriot 2.4 CVT. (Mine) Loved it. FWD would go anywhere in the snow -- who needs 4wd? Sold it to a friend at 280,000 miles. He's still driving it -- over 300,000 miles now.

2014 Patriot 2.0 5-spd. (Wife's) Love it; still have it. Got it because we liked my 2008 so much. 180,000 miles, only one minor repair. Almost sold it a couple years ago, but with gas prices today I'm glad we kept it. Wife is using it for a daily driver.

2011 Wrangler, 3.8 5-spd. (Wife's) Maybe the best Jeep we've had. Really regret selling it, but we traded to replace my 2018 Compass that got wrecked.

2018 Compass, 2.4 a/t. (Mine) Used a lot of oil, but fuel economy was phenomenal. Totaled by insurance company because all the airbags deployed.

2019 Compass, 2.4 a/t. (Mine -- replaced the 2018 above). Still have it. 93,000 miles. No significant problems.

2021 Wrangler, 3.6, 6-spd. Got it just before prices went crazy. Still have it. So far no problems.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,212 Posts
Just my 2014 FDII Patriot. Purchased in 2016 with 20k miles on it. I loved it until the beginning of 2020. I still like it, but now it's one problem after another. The front end has been shaking for a year when accelerating. I can't find anything wrong so I've had it to 4 shops... they can't find anything wrong either, but they all said it shakes like a SOB. Will probably be the last FCA vehicle I ever purchase.

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just my 2014 FDII Patriot. Purchased in 2016 with 20k miles on it. I loved it until the beginning of 2020. I still like it, but now it's one problem after another. The front end has been shaking for a year when accelerating. I can't find anything wrong so I've had it to 4 shops... they can't find anything wrong either, but they all said it shakes like a SOB. Will probably be the last FCA vehicle I ever purchase.
Could be a slipped belt inside a tire. Are your tires OEM size? I had an awful set of tires that gave our Wrangler the "death wobble." I had another set on my Pontiac that shook between 55-70MPH. They were OK faster or slower or under acceleration, but just bopping along at 65 was miserable. Once I dumped those tires my vehicles were fine.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,034 Posts
Just my 2010 Patriot, not trading it or selling it, especially not for one of those new rolling computers Fiat and everybody else are pushing out these days.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,212 Posts
Could be a slipped belt inside a tire. Are your tires OEM size? I had an awful set of tires that gave our Wrangler the "death wobble." I had another set on my Pontiac that shook between 55-70MPH. They were OK faster or slower or under acceleration, but just bopping along at 65 was miserable. Once I dumped those tires my vehicles were fine.
The first shop I went to thought that too. My tires are stock size. When I rotate the tires the problem doesn't change, and it just shakes the front end, can feel it in the steering wheel and under my feet. I also swapped wheels for a few days with my brothers friend (he's got an '11 Patriot) and the problem remained.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a 1998 Wrangler 2.5l 5 speed previous to my 2014 Patriot 2.4l 4x4. I needed a good vehicle to drive through the mountains here in all weather, especially in unplowed snow conditions. My Wrangler blew a piston at 350,000km, which I replaced myself, and then blew a second piston at 375,000km which damaged the cylinder significantly. I loved that vehicle, put alot work into lifts, tires, cb, engine mods but it really was a gas guzzler. My Patriot has been way more fuel efficient, and I'm holding back on doing any mods, just maintenance. I just miss having the simplicity of the old jeep over the new ones, like having to remove a tire to change light bulbs in the front or running wired for new fog lights on my Patriot pisses me off lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm sure the mechanics already went through these: maybe it's a bad inner CV joint? Broken motor mount? Possibly a the drive line to the rear lost a balance weight since power is transferred to the rear when accelerating?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Never was a Jeep fan more sports car person, Mustangs, Vettes. Z's

Did my oldest a solid brought his 2010 Patriot so he could grab a new 2015 Grand Cherokee ( which he refuses to get rid of ) cause I want it

Now Vettes gone, Z''s gone haven't had a Mustang since 1973

Just 2010 Patriot, 2008 Dyna and gf has a 2020 Honda Pasdport "Which Stays Park" and She takes my Jeep to work STILL !

Once this bs stops, going to grab a 2023 or 2024 CR-V or my oldest kids 2015 jeep Grand if he'll sell it to me

MY newest driver (16 y.o.) in the family will get my Patriot once I teach her 5 sp if her Mom let's it Go / Ghee do I sound Pissed...

You may ask how do I get around 2020 Trek SL 6 road bike, been a B+ lass cyclist now for 20 yrs minus 8 weeks

Dr. released me to cycle only 10 miles a day

Riicr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Solo mi Patriot 2010, no lo cambio ni lo vendo, especialmente no por una de esas nuevas computadoras rodantes que Fiat y todos los demás están lanzando en estos días.
[/COTIZAR]YO TAMBIÉN UNA PATRIOT 2010, AL DÍA DE HOY TIENE 109.000 KM., DE FÁBRICA Y TAMPOCO LA CAMBIO POR UN MODELO + NUEVO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts