Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8,361 - 8,380 of 8,500 Posts
You'd think there'd be more than one Jeep Patriot sitting in pick and pull yards in the state of CT. There's not; there's just one, and it's blue... So I ordered body panels off Amazon and I'm gonna spray them myself.

On a related note, got some parts in today from Barnes 4WD... Got a fun project cooking for the Jeep. 😈

Reactions: pkwasi
Just a side note about brighter fog light bulbs...if you get the white LED bulbs, they will be totally useless when driving in fog. I have first hand knowledge of this, driving down the I-190 along the Niagara river every morning , it get pretty foggy occasionally. That's one of the reasons that I switched to the amber bulbs.

Reactions: pkwasi
Got some more items today, new fender liner and a used Ebay grille insert. I pulled off the lower bumper cover, it was about to fall off on its own. I then taped my original blinker housing onto the fender. If it works it works...

I discovered the bottom splash guard is cracked. So I decided to be extra and to fix it I ordered one of these. ...I'll probably Cerakote it.

Today I received the pair of front knuckles that I ordered. Planning on rebuilding the whole front end as soon as it warms up a bit. Knuckles, control arms, axles, tie rods, brakes. My last ditch effort to cure the shakes and the grinding that's been going on for over a year, that nobody has been able to diagnose.
I'm kind of in the same boat. Something is clunking when a turn that a few garages can't seem to diagnose. Replacing cv axles, control arms, outer tie rods, struts, knuckles, and end links with no change. I threw the OEM axles back in to fix the wobbles. I'm getting really good at this.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Something is clunking when a turn that a few garages can't seem to diagnose. Replacing cv axles, control arms, outer tie rods, struts, knuckles, and end links with no change. I threw the OEM axles back in to fix the wobbles. I'm getting really good at this.
I'm a little nervous about replacing the right side axle. The last time I tried I wasn't able to get the old axle out of the trans. I ended up putting everything back together and taking it to a shop. That was back in '19 I believe. Hopefully this next try will be successful. I need to wait for motorcycle weather though so I have another way to get to work if I run into problems.

Hum, since I purchased a 2021 JGC my 2010 Pat's been sitting for 7 months not even a start up..

Yesterday on a day outing with gf and my yngest passed a Auto parts store stopped and purchased a New Diehard for Her...

Today New battery installed ( took a few cranks) - changed oil with filter-wash waxed- gas fill up and drove her 60 miles apologizing for the neglect...2021 JGC will get a Neglect apology in about 30 days or So...

Going to finish what I start a year ago before the Stroke...I CAN tell She Missed Me....

I work from 4:30-10:30 . While asleep Mom took patriot and got new wipers foir me. Makes a huge difference.

YES it Does.....

Well today after over a year or more ( having the Parts) I decided to have a Shop Install the Rear Sway Bar Links-Moog Rear Sway Bar Eye Loops with Rear Adjustable Toe Link -1.5 to +1.5...

Tomorrow I have an Alignment Sch'ed purchased a Life time 2 yrs ago when "I" did the FRONT work....

TIPM comes late tomorrow / Need to know how important the Metal Shield thats above the gas tank Is....the Shop said it was just sitting Up there no longer secured and couldn't secure it back

( need to know from the Patriot gods)

Received my new drive shaft today. Fedex left it in the middle of my driveway, that was nice of them.

Received my new drive shaft today. Fedex left it in the middle of my driveway, that was nice of them.
This past holiday season and this spring has been a delivery nightmare between FedEx and Amazon prime. Prime being the worst. My deliveries being marked delivered but nowhere to be found or they're at any of my neighbors homes. A few times i would get empty packages. Sometimes I will get my neighbors packages, and mine are missing. I don't understand. I live in a small town with very well marked addresses. It got so frustrating that all we could do was laugh.

8,361 - 8,380 of 8,500 Posts