Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8261 - 8280 of 8303 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,295 Posts
Well, things were going right along nicely then this thing called a stroke happened (best part didnt know and was still riding my dyna) yeah I know lucky n stupid at the same time

So vette, dyna sold, ever my cycling road bikes GONE only thing I have Left My Jeep Patriot 2010

Imagine

I am staying safe...
Very sad news indeed! It's a good thing you've been active, hopefully you can increase your activity level again soon.

·
Registered
2017 Sport 4x4
27 Posts
Well, things were going right along nicely then this thing called a stroke happened (best part didnt know and was still riding my dyna) yeah I know lucky n stupid at the same time

So vette, dyna sold, ever my cycling road bikes GONE only thing I have Left My Jeep Patriot 2010

Imagine

I am staying safe...
Tough news, hopefully you'll be back at it with the pat and riding soon! Stay positive and good vibes!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tackled the rust on my black Pats front crossmember. Grinded and sanded it down and put a layer of hammerrite on it. will treat the inside as well and will put tectyl on the outside later. It was rusty but no holes.
The rear crossmember has a big rusthole so there i am going to order a new one for. Costs me around 400 buks here.
First i will change the right frontwheel bearing. Changing the left one meant i did got rid of most of the noise but not all.

·
Registered
2015 High Altitude 4x4, 2" lift, BFGoodrich A/T KO2 245/65/17
16 Posts

Not a fan of the tint strip but hey, maybe it'll eat another rock and get replaced again next year. 😅

Giving Cerakote's windshield ceramic coat a try. Dried a bit streaky in the right light but that's probably more my fault, never done a real ceramic coat before and I'm guessing I went too heavy. That said, it seems to work well otherwise.

This looks legit!! Can I ask where you got the grille guard from?

·
Registered
96 Posts
changed the right front wheelbearing as well and noise gone.
Bought 2 new tires for which i had to wait 2 months... Insisted on same tires front and back so ordered Nexan Roadian 235/65/17.
they obviously had to come from Korea.
On the bridge at the tireshop i saw 2 more rustholes in the back crossmember. Bought a new one and that goes under as soon as i have it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Removed the (little) rust on the already changed front subframe of my wifes green 2007 CRD Pat and sprayed it with black hammarrite. Wil put tectyl on it later and Fluidfilm on the inside. Will do the rear subframe soon as well.
But first i am working on the turbo overboostproblem it has. Took exhaust from the turbo and will tomorrow spray Mr Muscle cleaner in it. Hope it solves the issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wondering what gives:

My gf has a 2020 Passport which gets city driving 25 mpg but she insist on parking it and taking my 2010 Jeep (5 sp) to work and shopping

Not sure if she's limiting the mileage or just likes the Jeep or both

Humm, now I know the Passport gets great city mileage i see it on the info gauge but there it is $35000 park next to my Dyna and the Jeeps Gone Girl !

I think I should charge her a Rental Fee

Still recovering doing Great but bored totally retired not the way I wanted it to happen ! Still need to install trailing arm bushings with new poly rear swap bar bushings maybe this Fall

Trail on, riicr48

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,048 Posts
Wondering what gives:

My gf has a 2020 Passport which gets city driving 25 mpg but she insist on parking it and taking my 2010 Jeep (5 sp) to work and shopping

Not sure if she's limiting the mileage or just likes the Jeep or both

Humm, now I know the Passport gets great city mileage i see it on the info gauge but there it is $35000 park next to my Dyna and the Jeeps Gone Girl !

I think I should charge her a Rental Fee

Still recovering doing Great but bored totally retired not the way I wanted it to happen ! Still need to install trailing arm bushings with new poly rear swap bar bushings maybe this Fall

Trail on, riicr48
I can't blame her, assuming that Passport has an automatic transmission, pretty much guaranteed these days on most vehicles. Plus I'd imagine your Patriot doesn't have all the gimmicky computer takeover stuff that the Passport almost certainly has, like blind spot monitors, "adaptive" radar-dependent cruise control, lane keep assist, backup camera, automatic headlights, television screen where a radio should be, etc.? And it's American, so that's another plus for the 'riot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
on the pic the subframe lays upside down. On the round tube now pointing up i have a big rusthole on the subframe on my Pat. I am gonna drill a hole here so water can come out.
Its in MHO a bit of a designererror that water can come in and run to the lowest point of the tube without any form of exit.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,295 Posts
You can re-calibrate the speedometer yourself with an ELM327 bluetooth code reader and the AppCar DiagFCA app (Windows) or OBD JScan (Android).

8261 - 8280 of 8303 Posts