Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8241 - 8260 of 8263 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts

Not a fan of the tint strip but hey, maybe it'll eat another rock and get replaced again next year. 😅

Giving Cerakote's windshield ceramic coat a try. Dried a bit streaky in the right light but that's probably more my fault, never done a real ceramic coat before and I'm guessing I went too heavy. That said, it seems to work well otherwise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Changed front control arms, track rod ends, and one wheel bearing. Wheel bearing was a pain - glad I've got a press and a pullers. Second time I've changed this wheel bearing in 3 months - my advice, spend the extra on quality items rather than Chinesium products....

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bought an olive green 2008 Patriot CRD limited a bit under Oslo a month ago and drove it home to Ålesund Norway. about 500km , 8 hour drive over the mountains. Lots of snow and ice, but fun to drive. Jeep performed well and using only 5 liter diesel per 100 km.
Got big problems with the sunroof though, at least with it leaking, but fixed that. Made new 10mm drain-hoses through the A-pillars and out through the floor. That helped but not 100% so ordered and mounted new sunroofseal and finally its dry even in heavy rain as we have a lot here on the westcoast of Norway.

But the leakage which had been there obvious for a while killed the stereo, the overhead switchpanel and damaged the sunroofmotor, because the sunroof started to lead a life of its own. Suddenly opens while driving and close-button refuses to work all of a sudden. Nice when its rains... luckely could get on tilt.
Took of the plug and with a little wire got it closed but it opened again without the wire connected.... closed it again and took out fuse 24 so the sunroofmotor doesnt get power anymore. Gotta demount the thing and hopefully i can just clean it.
What else did i do this month? Mounted a new stereo, new backhatch-supports, new heat-controlpanel since all lights were dead, fixed a missing tirepressure-sensor and ordered BFGoodrich 225/65/17 summertires. Also ordered roofbars and a tunung chip which will upgrade performance from 140 to 180 HP.
The car had already mounted new front and rear traverses since they tend to rust out here. It also had a new front window. It has run 188000 km and i paid 4500 dollar for it , which is kinda cheap here.
Greets from Norway

did the tuning chip work? you got a link?

·
Registered
45 Posts
did the tuning chip work? you got a link?
It gives a bit more power but i got an turbooverboost problem. Not sure yet what causes it but i demounted the chip since it can be the cause. It gives more fuel which might clog up the turbo. Since its a cheap chip and i read about those on the net i decide not to continue with it. It doesnt give that much to make it worth while possible issues.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It gives a bit more power but i got an turbooverboost problem. Not sure yet what causes it but i demounted the chip since it can be the cause. It gives more fuel which might clog up the turbo. Since its a cheap chip and i read about those on the net i decide not to continue with it. It doesnt give that much to make it worth while possible issues.
I must've missed something... how do you have a turbo in your PAT?

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts
I must've missed something... how do you have a turbo in your PAT?
Australians and Europeans get a diesel, like he mentioned, as well as the option of a 6-speed stick if they opt for the diesel(or is it the only transmission available with that engine?). Not sure if they have the option of a 5-speed stick with the 2.4L like we do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
As far as i know all VW diesels have a 6 speed Aisin gearbox. But here in Norway Patriots were only sold in 2007,2008 and 2009. Never seen a newer one. The importer stopped with importing Jeeps and for many years there was no official Jeep importer. The last couple of years we have one again so we are seeing the current models on the road.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, things were going right along nicely then this thing called a stroke happened (best part didnt know and was still riding my dyna) yeah I know lucky n stupid at the same time

So vette, dyna sold, ever my cycling road bikes GONE only thing I have Left My Jeep Patriot 2010

Imagine

I am staying safe...

·
Administrator
7,729 Posts
Well, things were going right along nicely then this thing called a stroke happened (best part didnt know and was still riding my dyna) yeah I know lucky n stupid at the same time

So vette, dyna sold, ever my cycling road bikes GONE only thing I have Left My Jeep Patriot 2010

Imagine

I am staying safe...
Very sorry to hear that Ricr48, but glad you're still with us.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very sorry to hear that Ricr48, but glad you're still with us.
Thank you, Brother ! The second time in my life the shock threw me for a LOOP !

Imagine 2 days before i'm rode bikecycling 20 miles at 17 mph, today I'm told not to even do a nature walk...Now I have no doubt being active helped me but wow, what a Fast change

And I looked good in cycling bibs/tights :) lol

Riicr

8241 - 8260 of 8263 Posts