Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8221 - 8240 of 8263 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,111 Posts
Went ahead and replaced the fog light bulbs again today. That one still doesn't work. And it's on the right side... I'm guessing I really need to re-terminate G110, but it's such a PITA getting in there to do it.

·
Administrator
7,730 Posts
Do you think that it would be a bad idea to add lock washers to the pan bolts?

This is what I'm thinking...

Since it doesn't rely on friction, any oil that does get on it won't lubricate and help engine vibration loosen it.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,111 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of those. Think I'll pick some up. Thanks for sharing! Would you happen to know the torque specs for the pan bolts? I just made them nice and snug, I'm VERY aware of how easy it is to strip out the holes in an aluminum block, since I did that in my old Jetta.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Thanks! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Re-terminated G110. Turned on the fog lights and they both work. Was very happy. Took a drive to the car wash and treated my Pat to a wash, wax, and interior cleaning. She still looks like new when she's all cleaned up.

Then coming home, I was behind a pickup with my right turn signal on. I didn't see it blinking in the reflection on the back of the truck. Checked when I got home and sure enough, it wasn't working. Neither the directional or the parking light. Thought I must have messed something up with G110, so I ran a new ground wire up to the light socket. It still didn't work. Turns out that the 1 day old bulb died. Always check the easy stuff first.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts
Stopped by the body shop to see if they'd have it ready by the weekend so I could take it to Mackinac, and it looks like it'll be ready tomorrow or Thursday.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Stopped by the body shop to see if they'd have it ready by the weekend so I could take it to Mackinac, and it looks like it'll be ready tomorrow or Thursday.
Share pics of their work

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts
Share pics of their work
Once I get it back, sure. Pretty sure they're mainly doing just the rocker panels though, and I don't have before pics.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Nice job. Can't really tell anything was done.

8221 - 8240 of 8263 Posts