Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8201 - 8220 of 8263 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, winter came and gone now that its officially spring been letting my gf drive the Patriot to work since I'm on the Dyna (motorcyle) her Passport just want to keep the miles down

Jeep runs great she says but I think right side turn signal is out so I'll replace the bulb ( we all know that tight spot ) not only was the bulb out but the lens separated from the rest of assembly.

I am thrill to death, haven't needed to work on my Patriot in God knows how long (Rockauto, Mopar L n R side turn assembly coming )

Since the Fall this is whats kept me busy 99.9% done pic attach ain't she pretty n clean, 14 yrs old

I get to work on the Patriot AGAIN......
R.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Well time has come to Sell, prices of use cars are outrageous. When a dealer calls to ask if you will sell your old vechile and is willing to pay you what you paid for it after all the yrs driving it I had to say and at this price, Yes!

Tomorrow's the day ! Hold on, you didn't think I sell my Patriot did you held no !

P.S. I'm a 1969 Mustang Boss 429 guy

Not a chevy corvette guy

·
Registered
134 Posts
Had the passenger side turn signal light front lens cracked off, rec'ed new oem from Rock Auto

Today 04-01-2022 dropped the passengers bumper some and replaced not an issue. Fixed.

Figure i change the drivers side since purchased both turn signals but those 3 torx's screws holding the lamp Did Not want to come out...put it back together and will try another day when I have more time ( will remove the top screws to the bumper, drop it more just in case, i may need to hack those head off if I stripped them

You know i planned on taking pictures but it never happened. At least the passenger turn signal is replaced

Rich

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
So it's a nice day today and finally had a chance to put in the window vents I ordered over winter. Nice and easy little project! View attachment 96238
Looks good. Do they serve a purpose? When my daughter opens her rear window the wind buffeting is extreme, will these fix that?

Reactions: tlind003

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,111 Posts
Looks good. Do they serve a purpose? When my daughter opens her rear window the wind buffeting is extreme, will these fix that?
No, won't stop the wind buffeting. They do help keep rain out a bit though.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,964 Posts
Dropped mine off at the body shop Monday night so the rocker panels can be replaced and alignment on the rear bumper and hatch checked so the corners of the hatch/liftgate don't bubble up from loss of paint from all that rubbing, which has happened since the bumper got replaced, and convinced me to get the hatch replaced. Interesting bit is, the rocker panel on each side is apparently part of the steel frame around the doors on both sides. So that whole bit is apparently going to be replaced, assuming the parts arrive in time for it all to be done before Jeep the Mac in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,111 Posts
Replaced the ground strap between the engine and right strut tower. Yesterday, while looking for the cause of my brake light still being on, I noticed that the ground strap had broken in half. Strap replaced, brake light still on. It's going to be a nice weekend here, so I'll break out the multimeter and really look into it, either tomorrow or Sunday.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Inspected my Pat to make sure it's good to pass the NY safety inspection before the end of the month. Found an oil leak and a transmission leak. Strangely, the pans for both each had half of the bolts loose. Barely finger tight. I never heard of oil pan bolts loosening themselves up before. I'm suspecting something fishy at one of the shops I've been too over the past couple of months. Got the bolts torqued and made sure oil/trans levels are good. Also replaced the fog light bulbs, and when I got her all back together I realized that one of the new bulbs doesn't work. Gonna have to replace that one tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Inspected my Pat to make sure it's good to pass the NY safety inspection before the end of the month. Found an oil leak and a transmission leak. Strangely, the pans for both each had half of the bolts loose. Barely finger tight. I never heard of oil pan bolts loosening themselves up before. I'm suspecting something fishy at one of the shops I've been too over the past couple of months. Got the bolts torqued and made sure oil/trans levels are good. Also replaced the fog light bulbs, and when I got her all back together I realized that one of the new bulbs doesn't work. Gonna have to replace that one tomorrow.
I once went to a dodgy mechanic with my Holden/Opel Astra. All that was wrong at 180,000km was the air con. I wanted it re-gassed. When I got it back (they said the regas would be $1500, I said, forget about it) everything started going wrong. Within 2 months my car had magically, and gradually, fallen to sh!t.

By the end I had to sell it as scrap for $500.

Now I have a mechanic that I trust full heartedly… I basically write him a blank cheque to do whatever he feels necessary. A mechanic like this is worth his weight in gold.

hard to find, but once you do, stay with them!!!

·
Administrator
7,730 Posts
Inspected my Pat to make sure it's good to pass the NY safety inspection before the end of the month. Found an oil leak and a transmission leak. Strangely, the pans for both each had half of the bolts loose. Barely finger tight. I never heard of oil pan bolts loosening themselves up before. ....
The oil pan on mine actually did that about 6 years ago, I torqued them and now I'm seeing oil drips again.

I doubt it's the RTV gasket leaking, so if it's loose bolts again I'm going to try another approach (not threadlocker/loctite) to make sure they stay tight.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
The oil pan on mine actually did that about 6 years ago, I torqued them and now I'm seeing oil drips again.

I doubt it's the RTV gasket leaking, so if it's loose bolts again I'm going to try another approach (not threadlocker/loctite) to make sure they stay tight.
Do you think that it would be a bad idea to add lock washers to the pan bolts?

8201 - 8220 of 8263 Posts