Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8161 - 8180 of 8193 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep, it is an Awning !!!! And so far I use the ladder mostly to mount my Jerry can once I fill it up. Other than that, I have been busy with work and I can't really go camping like I once did. So far the ladder is holding up pretty well. I coated the bolts with anti-rust for extra measure.
Could you send me the links for both of those? either here or to [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the ladder

For the awning 4.4 x 6.6 sand color sand

I bought it on eBay 3 years ago and the seller is no longer active. But they are multiple sellers selling that size on eBay. I know Smitty makes awnings at a higher price but I haven't had any issue with the awning that I bought from eBay?. but it's really a user experience.

here are some pictures of how it looks. Hope this helps!
Sky Cloud Car Water Tire
Tire Plant Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the ladder

For the awning 4.4 x 6.6 sand color sand

I bought it on eBay 3 years ago and the seller is no longer active. But they are multiple sellers selling that size on eBay. I know Smitty makes awnings at a higher price but I haven't had any issue with the awning that I bought from eBay?. but it's really a user experience.

here are some pictures of how it looks. Hope this helps! View attachment 95442 View attachment 95443 View attachment 95444

One thing I should mention is a bit on the smaller side. But if you get the bigger one you will definitely need two people to fold it. I can fold this awning without any assistance. Perks and benefits to the 4.4 x6.6 are that it can be unfolded and folded alone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One thing I should mention is a bit on the smaller side. But if you get the bigger one you will definitely need two people to fold it. I can fold this awning without any assistance. Perks and benefits to the 4.4 x6.6 are that it can be unfolded and folded alone.
thank you!

·
Registered
2017 Sport 4x4
17 Posts
Since it's a nice day out up here in upstate NY 60s and sunny, I'm sure we'll be paying for it soon enough.....decided to clean out the inside and change out the antenna. If it's any better who knows! But think it looks better then the metal rod!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,803 Posts
Since it's a nice day out up here in upstate NY 60s and sunny, I'm sure we'll be paying for it soon enough.....decided to clean out the inside and change out the antenna. If it's any better who knows! But think it looks better then the metal rod!
Yes, I'm sure we'll be paying for the weather soon enough... but it hasn't really snowed much at all since I bought my new snow blower in 2019. I swapped my factory antenna with a shorty like that a week or so ago. Does look much better. Haven't noticed a loss in signal quality yet.

·
Registered
2017 Sport 4x4
17 Posts
Yes, I'm sure we'll be paying for the weather soon enough... but it hasn't really snowed much at all since I bought my new snow blower in 2019. I swapped my factory antenna with a shorty like that a week or so ago. Does look much better. Haven't noticed a loss in signal quality yet.
Isn't that how it works? Get a new snowblower and it barely snows? Looking forward to the warmer months when I get to the finger lakes to really see if there's a difference in signal strength! In the week you've had it, have you had to check the tightness or anything?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,803 Posts
I haven't checked it. But now I think that I should, lol.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I checked it. Still nice and tight.

·
Registered
283 Posts
So I was going to hard mount my GPS to my dash but for the life of me I couldn't get the vent cover by the windshield to pop off to access the screws beneath it, so I stuck it to the a-pillar. Now I have some holes in the dash to figure out what I want to do with them. 😔

·
Registered
2017 Sport 4x4
17 Posts
So I was going to hard mount my GPS to my dash but for the life of me I couldn't get the vent cover by the windshield to pop off to access the screws beneath it, so I stuck it to the a-pillar. Now I have some holes in the dash to figure out what I want to do with them. 😔

Looks good dude! Good ole gaffers tape might help to cover for your next idea unless you want you go with a dancing hula girl...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had to use an oscillating saw to cut an aluminum valve stem cap off my valve stem, that was damaged by an oil change place.

I wouldn't recommend that, but I was trying to avoid buying a new valve stem and having it installed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did some gnarly off roading... The road seemed to drop off into nowhere:
Plant Sky Plant community Ecoregion Tree

Tried to take a picture of the steepness, photos never do angles justice:
Sky Plant Cloud Tree Natural landscape

Reactions: tlind003 and mr_et2
8161 - 8180 of 8193 Posts