Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8141 - 8160 of 8302 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, not totally finished with sound proofing still need to proof rear seat floor, also proof inside the rear hatch small speaker box n rear woofer BUT here's the main reason, I did the speakers 2 yrs ago, sound proofing last few weeks n stereo today...

I finally replace the OEM radio which I went thru 3 ( which I never paid over $30 for each for) before I found that water problem a few yrs ago

Riicr48
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle audio Center console
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle audio Center console
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
137 Posts
P.S. The sound is awesome and Led Zeppelin never sounded so great / imagine pulling up to a light blasting Zeppelin and kids look over at a gray hair like dude thats loud lol/ yeah I know and it can go louder

Yeah baby, as my kids would say Dad act you age....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Finished the rear floor panels. Only spot left is the rear hatch fold down speakers, I REPLACED with Kickers 2 yrs ago

Left n right rear floor panels, rear hump of the center console under back drinks holder/ ALL sound proofed

Have one piece left from full box / so u can say one box does the jeep except I only did behind the door speakers ( 6×9 pioneer speakers in four doors)

Subwoofer n amps I left alone

R.
Temple Wood Architecture Font Art
Hand Water Leg Automotive tire Gesture
Grey Material property Font Wood Telephony
Black Automotive tire Grey Motor vehicle Hood
Hand Flash photography Automotive tire Gesture Grey
Temple Wood Architecture Font Art
Sleeve Temple Automotive tire Wood Grey
Wood Hood Gas Composite material Bumper

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,292 Posts
Has adding all of that made a noticeable improvement? If you don't mind my asking, how much did that cost and where did you get it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
About $54 from Amazon I got 50 mil they also have 80mil ( thicker n $84 )

Anything better then stock radio n speakers but much bassier and jeep is quieter w/o a.c.-radio on with all windows closed/ much much quieter

Its combination of re built tranny/all new (except crossmembers) supension front ne back "everything"/sound proofing/ new speaks- radio its a dream to be in/ so YES i thrilled

and the winner of this recondition 2010 Jeep Patriot goes to my 15 y.o. daughter who will 8have her permit very soon

Next project new Gas tank this has that vacuum issue when I top it off so thats next then the little bubble in my windshield passenger side, ill just have safeglass reson it, then I am done

Riicr

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a post when this project frist started that my sound level meter read over 90 decimals with windows up and tranny issues etc etc etc...

W/O the rear floor panel done which was today 9/21/21,
No a.c or radio on Windows up smooth road no cars 52 to 54 decimals ( loud dishwasher is 60db., quiet one is 38db)

Rough road not alot of cars 68db to 74 db..
Same no a.c or radio my girl and I normal conversation 76db to 78db again rough road not alot of cars

Going to Philly from So jersey here, tons of cars and very loud i'll test it out/ if i can keep it under or about 80db that be great

Also want to see i95 and D.C.495 beltway or Baltimore 695 beltway

Those 2 r the test / but I still thing i'll be under 84db

Now have the a.c. on radio playing led zeppelin or Stones, road noise what road noise

Almost forgot "all season tires"

If u can bring any car to inside bare metal (except for High end cars) which the early patriot were not / DO Sound Proofing
Also if you want quieter use 80 or higher mil for much better Sound Proofing

Riicr

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hand washed it for the first time since getting my transmission replaced. Also had time to pull out the shop vac and clean out the interior, wiped it done some also. Will need a professional detail.

Reactions: Newt

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Approaching 9 years old (the Patriot), today I replaced the HVAC blend door actuator (motor) below the steering wheel. $25 from Advanced Auto. Glad that I can still be somewhat of a contortionist at age 65, because it is a wee bit of a challenge to work underneath there. Overall an easy, inexpensive fix for "no heat". Probably $200 at a dealer. I hope everyone learns to DIY these type of things. Lots of info here and on the interweb. Last year I replaced this same type motor next to the glove box (recircutaltion door). There is one more (mode actuator motor) to the left of the glove box.

Take care everyone.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Put on new tires today. Decided to go with 215/65/17 and keep my stock “upgraded” Patriot Alloy wheels until I decide what I really want to put on it. Solved my shaking issue.

Oh, and I became best friends with @kurek today.

Reactions: Newt

·
Registered
50 Posts
My front end was making a clunking noise, thought something was loose. Ordered replacement sway bar end links, thinking they went bad.

It was the sway bar, but all I needed to do was re-tighten the nut where the link attaches to the bar on the left side (the one on the right was okay).

Canceled the order.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Installed a rear tow hook

Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Only took about 2-3 hours with removal of rear bumper and cutting out the hole with a Dremel.

The Dremel work took the majority of that time as it was my first time ever using one.

Highly recommend this easy upgrade to anyone considering it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Update from Ebuy7 jeep patriot ladder. So it wasn't a scam and they are a legit company selling from China. Shipping was incredibly fast. The ladder itself cost 108 but shipping was expensive but i think it is reasonable given where it is coming from. The product itself doesn't weigh much. I believe it is around 15 pounds in weight. Welding is subpar/poor. No instructions included on how to install, but not needed either as it is easy to figure out. I would definitely skip out on the bolts and washer they provide and go to home depot and get yourself something more weatherproof. Installing the ladder was not hard at all. Fairly simple and straight forward. I stood on top of the ladder and I am 6 feet 175, my friend who is 6'2 and 210 stood on top of it and shook the **** of the car, and no-fault points were noted. So far its too early to tell if this would hold. But i can defineitly find this useful to put stuff on top of the cargo basket and it gives a great access point from the back.

View attachment 94546 View attachment 94547 View attachment 94545 View attachment 94550
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive been looking at that ladder and am quite tempted to buy it in like a month when i can afford it (or throw it on a Christmas list for my parents But also, is that an awning mounted to the side of your rack? i have the same rack and wanna put things on it. i have lights but i want more!
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Tire

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
5,048 Posts
@[email protected] , you may wanna start a build thread if you don't already have one. That's alot to go through, though I admit the Granger Smith tunes sound great on just the stock radio(without extra gimmicks, very basic, love it, very content) I've got, and if I wanted quiet I'd get a Cadillac(or Bentley, or Rolls-Royce) instead of modifying a Jeep for it, haha.

As for what's been done to mine lately, the liftgate was replaced as it was so rusty inside(slight leak in heavy rain, over neary 12 years) that the outside handle and trim piece were about to fall off. But, the math problem badge needs reattached. Anybody got measurements for me?

Also I bought a new piece for my hitch receiver at my brother's recommendation. My dad's trailer takes a 1 7/8" ball, my trailer takes a 2" ball, and this will save time crouching down behind my orange klunker Jeep with a pair of monkey wrenches.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport
28 Posts
Found this on another car enthusiast forum, and thought it would be fun to see here.

Note: If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it.

Post just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's messing with your sound system, changed your oil, or finally finished up a big part of the project that you've been working on, or just anything and everything.
Whelp, I took a drive to PA last night picked up my brother's gf and we ended up spending the night together and I took her home around 10:30 this morning and had a lovely drive home on the NY Southern Tier Expressway. I'm now at my fiances house where I'm supposed to make Thanksgiving dinner but he's asleep lol

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Not so much what I've "done to" my Jeep Patriot as much as what I've "done with" my Jeep Patriot...

Just got back from a 3 day 4x4 weekend. Covered about 200km (120 miles) of off roading adventures, including some tracks which pushed the vehicle to it's utmost limits. Only came across one track which I thought would be "too much" for the little Patriot, all others were conquered! Not too bad considering I was in Land Cruiser territory! I swear some of the tracks were at least 40 degrees steep. Only once bottomed out with my lifted Patriot, which has almost 10" of ground clearance. Chucked it in reverse and took a different line, no problemo. Was hoping to encounter some creek or river crossings, but couldn't find any.

Must say, I'm very impressed with the Patriot's off roading capabilities, she always manages to surprise me with just what she's capable of. I don't think there are many "soft roaders" out there that could come close!

Must add... Pirelli Scorpion AllTerrain+ tyres are amazing! They give so much confidence in the harshest of terrains. They always managed to find grip, drove over fallen trees, sharp rocks, etc without ever needing to worry!

Can't wait for the next adventure!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ive been looking at that ladder and am quite tempted to buy it in like a month when i can afford it (or throw it on a Christmas list for my parents But also, is that an awning mounted to the side of your rack? i have the same rack and wanna put things on it. i have lights but i want more! View attachment 95285

Yep, it is an Awning !!!! And so far I use the ladder mostly to mount my Jerry can once I fill it up. Other than that, I have been busy with work and I can't really go camping like I once did. So far the ladder is holding up pretty well. I coated the bolts with anti-rust for extra measure.

8141 - 8160 of 8302 Posts