Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8141 - 8152 of 8152 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, not totally finished with sound proofing still need to proof rear seat floor, also proof inside the rear hatch small speaker box n rear woofer BUT here's the main reason, I did the speakers 2 yrs ago, sound proofing last few weeks n stereo today...

I finally replace the OEM radio which I went thru 3 ( which I never paid over $30 for each for) before I found that water problem a few yrs ago

Riicr48
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle audio Center console
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle audio Center console
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
115 Posts
P.S. The sound is awesome and Led Zeppelin never sounded so great / imagine pulling up to a light blasting Zeppelin and kids look over at a gray hair like dude thats loud lol/ yeah I know and it can go louder

Yeah baby, as my kids would say Dad act you age....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Finished the rear floor panels. Only spot left is the rear hatch fold down speakers, I REPLACED with Kickers 2 yrs ago

Left n right rear floor panels, rear hump of the center console under back drinks holder/ ALL sound proofed

Have one piece left from full box / so u can say one box does the jeep except I only did behind the door speakers ( 6×9 pioneer speakers in four doors)

Subwoofer n amps I left alone

R.
Temple Wood Architecture Font Art
Hand Water Leg Automotive tire Gesture
Grey Material property Font Wood Telephony
Black Automotive tire Grey Motor vehicle Hood
Hand Flash photography Automotive tire Gesture Grey
Temple Wood Architecture Font Art
Sleeve Temple Automotive tire Wood Grey
Wood Hood Gas Composite material Bumper

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,574 Posts
Has adding all of that made a noticeable improvement? If you don't mind my asking, how much did that cost and where did you get it?

·
Registered
115 Posts
About $54 from Amazon I got 50 mil they also have 80mil ( thicker n $84 )

Anything better then stock radio n speakers but much bassier and jeep is quieter w/o a.c.-radio on with all windows closed/ much much quieter

Its combination of re built tranny/all new (except crossmembers) supension front ne back "everything"/sound proofing/ new speaks- radio its a dream to be in/ so YES i thrilled

and the winner of this recondition 2010 Jeep Patriot goes to my 15 y.o. daughter who will 8have her permit very soon

Next project new Gas tank this has that vacuum issue when I top it off so thats next then the little bubble in my windshield passenger side, ill just have safeglass reson it, then I am done

Riicr

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a post when this project frist started that my sound level meter read over 90 decimals with windows up and tranny issues etc etc etc...

W/O the rear floor panel done which was today 9/21/21,
No a.c or radio on Windows up smooth road no cars 52 to 54 decimals ( loud dishwasher is 60db., quiet one is 38db)

Rough road not alot of cars 68db to 74 db..
Same no a.c or radio my girl and I normal conversation 76db to 78db again rough road not alot of cars

Going to Philly from So jersey here, tons of cars and very loud i'll test it out/ if i can keep it under or about 80db that be great

Also want to see i95 and D.C.495 beltway or Baltimore 695 beltway

Those 2 r the test / but I still thing i'll be under 84db

Now have the a.c. on radio playing led zeppelin or Stones, road noise what road noise

Almost forgot "all season tires"

If u can bring any car to inside bare metal (except for High end cars) which the early patriot were not / DO Sound Proofing
Also if you want quieter use 80 or higher mil for much better Sound Proofing

Riicr

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just enjoyed owning it! Got back to the warehouse after a decent day of delivery and cracked the window, popped the radio on and cruised home. For once things feel right in a long time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hand washed it for the first time since getting my transmission replaced. Also had time to pull out the shop vac and clean out the interior, wiped it done some also. Will need a professional detail.

Reactions: Newt

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Approaching 9 years old (the Patriot), today I replaced the HVAC blend door actuator (motor) below the steering wheel. $25 from Advanced Auto. Glad that I can still be somewhat of a contortionist at age 65, because it is a wee bit of a challenge to work underneath there. Overall an easy, inexpensive fix for "no heat". Probably $200 at a dealer. I hope everyone learns to DIY these type of things. Lots of info here and on the interweb. Last year I replaced this same type motor next to the glove box (recircutaltion door). There is one more (mode actuator motor) to the left of the glove box.

Take care everyone.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Put on new tires today. Decided to go with 215/65/17 and keep my stock “upgraded” Patriot Alloy wheels until I decide what I really want to put on it. Solved my shaking issue.

Oh, and I became best friends with @kurek today.

Reactions: Newt

·
Registered
47 Posts
My front end was making a clunking noise, thought something was loose. Ordered replacement sway bar end links, thinking they went bad.

It was the sway bar, but all I needed to do was re-tighten the nut where the link attaches to the bar on the left side (the one on the right was okay).

Canceled the order.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD
129 Posts
It was the sway bar, but all I needed to do was re-tighten the nut where the link attaches to the bar on the left side (the one on the right was okay).
Sometimes the simplest things are the answer.

8141 - 8152 of 8152 Posts