Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8121 - 8140 of 8159 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nasty old housings out, new ones in.

Diode Dynamics switchbacks look really good.

Made harnesses for the switchbacks. Ordered the wrong sockets and I can't seem to find the right ones so I made these work, think they're actually for tail lights, they took a little modification. If anyone knows where to find the correct sockets let me know.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,815 Posts
Oil line popped off my auxiliary oil cooler back on Wednesday. Hasn't happened in probably 4 years, but shouldn't be happening at all, so I took it to the dealer to ask about getting the OEM aux oil cooler installed, and get a somewhat irritatingly loose trim piece below the door fixed.

Apparently there isn't much body left below to mount a new trim piece to as Michigan has apparently taken more of a toll than I'd thought on my prized little Jeep. And the OEM design oil cooler would apparently need to have plumbing run through the CVT, costing me a few thousand dollars. Head dealer tech recommended I limit the amount of money I put into it because of all this.

However, many of you know I'm rather stubborn, and of course I don't wanna lose my first ever vehicle. Kinda like an automotive Leatherman, these things. So I'm thinking maybe when I get back home, I'll ask the body shop if it's possible(and if so how much) to cut out the rust, weld in patches, and do a full sanding/respray.

·
Registered
115 Posts
After having my manual tanny rebuilt, I took a long ride with my girl and our daughter down to route 9 south to the very lower tip of New Jersey.

Cool air day, windows open riding the shore a throw away from the Right ocean.

Stopped for soft custard ice cream just a great smooth ride with family trying to easily break in New clutch & tranny

R.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD
130 Posts
Hi! There is an extensive thread similar to yours What have you done to your Patriot today, maybe it should be What have you done with your patriot today?

Nice ride.

I stayed home today but plan on several local trips tomorrow. The longest ride was 500 miles one way two years ago. Very comfortable ride.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Update from Ebuy7 jeep patriot ladder. So it wasn't a scam and they are a legit company selling from China. Shipping was incredibly fast. The ladder itself cost 108 but shipping was expensive but i think it is reasonable given where it is coming from. The product itself doesn't weigh much. I believe it is around 15 pounds in weight. Welding is subpar/poor. No instructions included on how to install, but not needed either as it is easy to figure out. I would definitely skip out on the bolts and washer they provide and go to home depot and get yourself something more weatherproof. Installing the ladder was not hard at all. Fairly simple and straight forward. I stood on top of the ladder and I am 6 feet 175, my friend who is 6'2 and 210 stood on top of it and shook the **** of the car, and no-fault points were noted. So far its too early to tell if this would hold. But i can defineitly find this useful to put stuff on top of the cargo basket and it gives a great access point from the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
New blank Key Fob's arrived today from Rock Auto, had them cut at Home Depot at no charge ( older retired locksmith likes Cuban cigars so I bring him some once in a while, called a Courtesy Cut ) took the little green board-chip out place in to the new , New Key Fobs ( both Fob's start the car lock-unlock-panic, perfect ) all for the low price of $25.00 plus shipping from Rock Auto / not sure if the Fob's where for the Jeep or Me...

This Monday rear trailing arm bushings and rear upper / lower control arms - both sides ( farming it out ) sorry getting to old to lay under cars...well really I'm an Avid Road Cyclist and had a terrible meeting with a tree truck ( long story) it's been a week since most likely it will be another full week before I do more then use a TV remote / tried to ride after 4 days that was very stupid ( it was agonizing 20 miles )

rick

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,815 Posts
Didn't get to do anything with mine today, as it's parked safely in Michigan and I was busy starting my trip back home from California in the 18-wheeler. Found this video today though, and alot of what he says about the design of his old MB/GPW and how it's overestimated or underestimated so often reminded me a bit of some knee-jerk complaints I've heard about the Patriot.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Rear upper and lower still need to do rear trailing arm bushings n toe link

Farmed the work out ...

the sway bar ends are 4 yrs old moog they need changing again

Riicr

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Today i did sound proofing under the spare tire as far into to rear fold down seats and left -right to the top bolts of rear shocks/ struts

My golf buddy back out on our tee time so / i started the sound proofing

Next wednesday driver-passenger floors

The behind door speakers some time after I come back from Banff National Park/ next month

Riicr

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Today Wednesday I followed up with sound proofing on the driver side floor n seat area side wall of the stick shift did my best with wet towels

I screwed up by not bringing a vacuum cleaner = dumb

Riicr

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Today i did behind front- rear speakers

Did not take panel off just speaker covers n speakers n did what I could reach

Only took two pics figured u get the jest

Will do passenger side floor panel whe i get a cpl of sunny days here maybe in another week
More Bass we will see,

Just started to pour down raining BUT I'm done today
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive lighting

Riicr

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, did passenger side then in front of gas tank did not go under the rear floor rugs maybe another time like father down the road

Sounds meter between 62 to 67 decimals on smooth busy road rough road up to 74 did not get over 74 on rough bumpy road

Highway like I95 round Baltimore or D.C. area havent tried it going to Philly in a few weeks will see what the decimals are on those roads

R.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wood Automotive design Font Flooring Glass

8121 - 8140 of 8159 Posts