Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8101 - 8120 of 8123 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,732 Posts
Took it yesterday with my trailer to get the trailer weighed and registered. And since my knee has been bugging me the last month or so, a couple friends were kind enough to take the sleds off the trailer so it could be weighed empty. Turns out the Patriot with me and some gear in it(proper spare tire, spare fluids, fire extinguishers, etc.) weighs nearly 4000 pounds.
20210602_151541.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,397 Posts
Changed spark plugs, air filter, and cabin air filter. Then went on a nice motorcycle ride along the Erie Canal.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD
115 Posts
Changed spark plugs, air filter, and cabin air filter. Then went on a nice motorcycle ride along the Erie Canal.
Nice. I owned property on the Erie Canal in western NY. I rode motorcycles and trail bikes for over 50 years. Now my health keeps me off 2 wheels.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Had our Patriot Krown (re)sprayed 2 weeks ago. Today I did my biannual spring complete detail. Wash, clay, sealant. Treat all rubber and plastic with 303. Clean windows extra well. Complete interior vacuum and clean. Changed the cabin filter.

Treated myself to some Crabbies Ginger beer during the day long event. I take my time and enjoy the alone time. Won't do this again until November.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A week before shoulder replacement surgery I had my pat fully reconditioned inside and ceramic/glazed out side. Kleenteck of burlington Vermont do fantastic work. You should see some of the trash people bring to them and it is new when done. They could not believe how clean my pat was being 10 years old and only 96k on the clock. Now it looks new and never have to wax again. These guys are the BEST
Kleentech / Sun Stoppers Williston
200 boyer circle
williston Vt
802-598-0038

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,732 Posts
Went for a little drive to a friend's place. Got to a few miles away, made a turn, revved it like usual, and it started vibrating under power. I didn't know what it was, figured maybe the belt or plugs. Nursed it to my friend's place, turned it off, belt looked fine. Turned it on, revved in park, sounded fine. Decided to try heading back on the road and see what happened, it worked fine. I'm wondering if something happened with the CVT belt for a minute there now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Treat all rubber and plastic with 303.
I use 303 all the time. Its kept all the exterior mouldings and plastic from fading/ cracking. I do the dash too...looks brand new. I just wish it was water proof so I didn't have to do the exterior parts after it rains.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Jeep Patriot 2015 latitude 48k miles SUDDENLY would not turn crank or spark but all lights..etc powered up with ignition. I had no idea what it could have been….. but…

Thanks to this forum, I found out the answer! So hopefully my post helps someone out.

It was the starter relay!!! You would think mopar would make this more water proof but I guess not. Some videos online posted showing you have to go under wheel well to access the relay however I went from the top. I removed the cover and the obvious clue to which relay is bad is the one starter relay that WILL NOT BUDGE-the rest are easily removed with your hand. I bought the relay from auto zone. Once replaced the car turned on like nothing happened. I am planning to someone water seal to prevent this from happening again.

left relay shows corrosion the right relay is the new one

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Had to go recover my Missus and the Patriot after the alternator Freewheel pulley mysteriously disappeared.
20210625_231612.jpg 20210625_231640.jpg 20210625_231724.jpg
New one only cost £20,
Absolute bitch to remove the remains of the old pulley though. Belt now runs nice and smooth 👌

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,732 Posts
Left for Ohio after church near home in Michigan this past Sunday, to help a friend move his stuff from near Dayton to Rapid City, South Dakota. My little Patriot was on a Uhaul for 1200 miles, but everything was finished yesterday. Stopped by the Cabela's out there to see if they had anything in particular I might want that isn't in stock anywhere back home(there were a few items), then went to visit a nearby landmark before heading home. Rough guesstimate of my MPG crossing SD last night at 80-85 mph is about 19-20 mpg. Not too surprising considering it's an econo-BOX, after all, haha. Pretty sure it'll improve across Minnesota and Wisconsin, where the speed limits are slower.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,732 Posts
Made up a little chart tracking my mpg across the country coming back from South Dakota. Even in areas where I should have gotten 27 mpg, it got no better than 24. This could be due to the fact that the vehicle in question is 11.5 years old, or maybe because it had quite a bit of "just-in-case gear" like a full size spare tire/wheel and some fluids, plus my duffel bag and alot of other things that probably need cleared out, inside for the whole trip. Maybe both. Last leg of the trip to the local gas station around home was actually maybe 8 miles longer, because I got in late and still had plenty of gas in the tank, so there wasn't a need to fill up right away. But that wouldn't even add 1.5 extra mpg to the rating there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Took a tire off and put a layer of Rustoleum Rust Reformer then topped that with black enamel. Hit all the exposed metal I could see, there's barely any rust but I wanna stop it dead. I had been parking on grass and the morning dew I think was the culprit. Plan to do a different tire each week or so since I'm spraying the rotors in case the paint makes the brake slip before it rubs off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hope it's not flammable since it gets pretty hot there.
Thanks! That's a good point I hadn't considered. I'll now take a more cautious approach to removing that paint off the rotor than high velocity friction, and I think I'll cover the rest of the rotors with painters tape lol. Probably a good thing I drove the Buick today.
*I made sure to brake at slower speeds until the paint came off. Good to go! Also I avoided spraying the exhaust itself.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Got some new turn signal housings to replace the ol' leaky blinkers, decided to try my hand at tinting them. Vvivid+ light smoke air-tint.

Also working on harnesses for LED switchback bulbs 'cause I don't want to throw the resistor on the stock harness like I did for the tail lights. Was gonna test them but it's getting thundery so that's a task for tomorrow.

8101 - 8120 of 8123 Posts