Jeep Patriot Forums banner
8081 - 8100 of 8123 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed some red LEDs for the brake lights today. I had already installed the smoked taillights. But hated how dull the regular bulbs looked. It's bright now hehehehe

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought the AppcarFCA program to play with.
I activated the drl's, and changed them to the fog lights, because I have a Buick with the low beam headlights as drl's, and it's an irritation when you come out of work at 10 pm to find one blown. That happened twice - on consecutive days. People seem to get irritated when you only have high beams.😁 I really wanted drl's because grey jeep on grey road doesn't show up too well. I've already had people pull right out in front of me.
I also activated the headlights on with wipers, changed the headlight delay to 90 seconds, and the accessory power on to 60 minutes.
Today I switched the fog lamp bulbs to gold 20210412_205457.jpg 20210412_205411.jpg en yellow led's, and put pure white led's in the interior lights.
Now I'm contemplating converting the lower space in the tail lights to a rear drl. Not sure if I want to do that, or slap on a square of DOT reflective tape.
That's a project for the future.
[/QUOTE]
Got a couple pictures in the rain tonight.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I Replaced the air filter today. Not exactly tool less like some of the others. But no lost bolts this time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you get ok reception with it? I had to replace the stubby I bought with the original cause couldn't stand the static....
I get decent reception. I live relatively close to the broadcast antennas for my area. I have not noticed any static or popping from it so far. But I'll be honest. I mainly listen to Spotify

·
Registered
50 Posts
After 4 years having my riot I've sold it. I was assigned with a company car and have no more spaces to park it.

I had a lot of fun driving it and liked so much the look and feel; also suffered with the front suspension. I enjoyed customizing it by adding 6 x Offroad lights + 2 in the rear gate, 1.5" spacers, KO2 tires, MyGig RHR, UConnect, leather seats, automatic A/C, Automatic Headlights, remote start, original overhead DVD, Power Folding Mirrors, EVIC cluster; as an example.

Below the last pictures of it, just out of the car wash ready to hand it over to the new owner.

·
Registered
264 Posts
New EBC pads and rotors. Wheel spacers came off since, if everything works out 🤞, I'm moving to 15" wheels soon. New wheel clears the calipers so I'm waiting on the rest of the wheels and hub rings to ship.

·
Administrator
6,457 Posts
After 4 years having my riot I've sold it. I was assigned with a company car and have no more spaces to park it...
Bummer, that's a nice ride.

Hope work gave you something decent to drive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Today I did a few things.

- New bosch icon wipers.
I fixed a few things with appcar DiagFCA
  • two new keys. I now have 3 working keys and a lost one.
  • disabled tpms as one of the Wheel sensors is busted
  • increased the accessory delay off time from 45 seconds to 10 minutes.
  • disabled fog drop out with high beams.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Trimmed my pinch welds, they seem good to go. Tried to heat gun the fender liners flat but they weren't really having it. I'll probably have to hit them with a cutoff wheel. Should be alright for now. Tracking info says I should have my 30s on friday, then I can schedule an appointment to get them mounted etc.

Took a peek underneath while I was at it and one of my ball joints looks like it's just starting to fail. I'm guessing it's the older one since the dealership replaced one of them just before I bought the Patriot.

Not an expert on these things but that boot don't look too happy.

·
Registered
2007 Patriot, Manual Trans, 4x4, bare bones stock
25 Posts
Going on a 4000 mile road trip this summer. My pat has just over 110k miles. To get prepped I've done the following:

Last week: New spark plugs(OEM copper), PCV valve, also a trailer hitch and hitch mounted cargo carrier.

All within the last month: Air filters (both cabin and intake), oil, and serpentine belt.

In the last 6 months: New treads (Firestone Destination LE2), new clutch on manual transmission.

What other service should I check off the list before leaving? My radiator cooling fluid is looking very clean, brake and power steering fluid are clean and have good levels. Maybe I should check the AC?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,391 Posts
How about changing the RDU @ PTU fluid?

·
Registered
43 Posts
What did I do??? I traded my 2009 Patriot in on a 2021 Toyota Venza Limited (hybrid).

It was bittersweet as I debated on keeping the Patriot or not but with having two other vehicles, it was not a wise idea (cost and parking). Although dealers always play with the numbers, I got a pretty decent trade-in value and was lucky to find the Venza I wanted with stocks so low.

Other than some minor issues, it has been a good car. Whoever gets it next will get a pretty decent inexpensive car.

IMG_9559.jpg

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4L
4 Posts
Yesterday, I was able to solve my horn problem. I purchased my 2010 Patriot in June 2020 and I've had horn problems until now. In the summer, the horn would go off when parked, ignition off typically in the middle of the day. In the fall, the horn would sometimes go off when the steering wheel was turned. Since I've owned it, the horn has only sounded twice when I commanded it and would rarely chirp when I locked the car with the key. I replaced my clock spring in November which got rid of by airbag light but didnt fix my horn issue. Then I installed the Wolo Loud One Model 310 One Terminal and its nice and loud but then that didn't work. Third, I replaced the spade terminal that connect the horn to the horn circuit which had a bit of corrosion and that allowed me to sound the horn at my command.
Update: Since then my horn sounded on its own again so I figured the next solution would be to replace the horn button in the steering wheel which I did a month ago and since then no more phantom horn honks. I figure the heat of the car while parked in the summer damaged my horn button so now I make sure to at least put a sunshade in the windshield to keep the interior cooler.

8081 - 8100 of 8123 Posts