Jeep Patriot Forums banner

8061 - 8080 of 8099 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition
53 Posts
Had the Jeep in for it's coolant, and transmission 100k service, new LED headlamps (yay no strobing high beams), and spark plugs (the old ones were between .50-.60).

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
Replaced my left rear wheel hub/bearing. The bearing itself was fine, but the tone ring in it went bad and was keeping the ABS, 4WD, and traction control from working. Local shops wanted ~$400 to do it and I'm too cheap for that, lol. Took me about 2 hours, but I wasn't rushing. After that I took her for a bath.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Found my Startech SD3 Engine tuning Module had blown a fuse and shorted to ground 👎

Managed to gently heat the injector driver module and cut the end off with a blade. The connector socket could then be unscrewed and removed out the case.

Turns out a transient voltage suppression diode had gone bad and shorted.

Really struggled to find information on the actual component used by StarTech. In the end I had to just select one that would work with the maximum peak operating voltage viewable on a multimeter.

The new component was almost twice the size so I soldered it to the connecting lines from the PCB to the socket.

With the tuning box removed from our Jeep I thought I'd throw her on the Dyno and do before and after power runs.

I had to disable the AWD as our dyno is obviously only 2WD.

Graph shows BHP and Torque in standard form and also after fitting the Startech SD3 tuning modules.

BHP increases from 133 to 153.
Not the Startech quoted 179 BHP..
However I do have codes P0234 (turbo overboost) and P0101 (MAF sensor range)
Currently that I need to address. Hopefully with a new sensor and a Turbo clean out I'll find that extra 26BHP...

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport FDI
73 Posts
Replaced my left rear wheel hub/bearing. The bearing itself was fine, but the tone ring in it went bad and was keeping the ABS, 4WD, and traction control from working. Local shops wanted ~$400 to do it and I'm too cheap for that, lol. Took me about 2 hours, but I wasn't rushing. After that I took her for a bath.
Did you replace the entire knuckle assembly or just the hun assembly? I’m looking to do mine soon but I’m iffy about dropping $200+ on a loaded knuckle but I don’t have a press.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
Did you replace the entire knuckle assembly or just the hun assembly? I’m looking to do mine soon but I’m iffy about dropping $200+ on a loaded knuckle but I don’t have a press.
For the rears there's no need for a press. The hub/bearing is replaced as an assembly. Just unbolt the old one and bolt up a new one. The only tools I used were a pair of pliers, 14mm wrench, 17mm socket, 8 inch extension, 32mm socket, breaker bar, ratchet, torque wrench, hammer, and a slide hammer hub puller. There are quite a few youtube videos on how to do it, I watched 3 or 4 before I decided to do it myself. I don't own a slide hammer, but it's a loan-a-tool from Advance Auto.

·
Registered
73 Posts
For the rears there's no need for a press. The hub/bearing is replaced as an assembly. Just unbolt the old one and bolt up a new one. The only tools I used were a pair of pliers, 14mm wrench, 17mm socket, 8 inch extension, 32mm socket, breaker bar, ratchet, torque wrench, hammer, and a slide hammer hub puller. There are quite a few youtube videos on how to do it, I watched 3 or 4 before I decided to do it myself. I don't own a slide hammer, but it's a loan-a-tool from Advance Auto.
My bad. My brain didn't register that it was a rear bearing.

·
Registered
08 2.4 fwd 5-Speed (swapped from CVT) Other Custom Thingies
5 Posts
Swapped to manual trans from CVT (you need to replace trans, body harness, shifter, pedal, ecm, rad hoses and trans mount) and ECM VIN rewrite with AlfaOBD... Now working to get reverse lights operable...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not today but yesterday, I got a new set of tires. Nothing crazy or fancy but I got them at a good price and they have 50k mile warranty. The new tires eliminated my thoughts of replacing the bearings which is good! That being said, I do know that I will be replacing my headlights/fog lights, cv axle, right control arm, and lastly, the evap canister which I suspect has been the cause of P0456 code I've had for 3 years now?

·
Registered
08 2.4 fwd 5-Speed (swapped from CVT) Other Custom Thingies
5 Posts
Reverse lights working! MTX has different input circuit and once the BCM configuration is adjusted G2G

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replaced intake manifold code P2017, cleaned throttle bottle, replaced fuel injector O rings. The shop was going probably to charge close to a grand for this job so I said I will be back..

went online purchased the manifold on rock auto for 300 and learned how to replace it Both on YouTube and the manual repair Book.The hardest part was trying to maneuver between all the wires harness that’s in the manifolds way. As a rookie this job took a little over 12 hours between two days. I figured since I’m removing half the car might as well clean the other components.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I (finally) replaced the front passenger axle after 2 wrong axles being sent. I also cave the interior and all windows a good cleaning for an upcoming road trip. Lastly, I replaced the air filter. My next project will be to find out what’s making a clicking faint sound whenever my transmission changes gears. I think one of the pulleys may be going bad or I just need a new belt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally got the Pat all put back together after swapping out the rear differential and putting on new rear wheel bearings. At first test drive had a bunch of warning lights and a scratchy sound coming from rear wheel, got back under it and one of the sensors wasn't quite landed, so snugged that in and pushed/pulled one of the caliper dust guards, now she drives smooth and silent, great success!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the AppcarFCA program to play with.
I activated the drl's, and changed them to the fog lights, because I have a Buick with the low beam headlights as drl's, and it's an irritation when you come out of work at 10 pm to find one blown. That happened twice - on consecutive days. People seem to get irritated when you only have high beams.😁 I really wanted drl's because grey jeep on grey road doesn't show up too well. I've already had people pull right out in front of me.
I also activated the headlights on with wipers, changed the headlight delay to 90 seconds, and the accessory power on to 60 minutes.
Today I switched the fog lamp bulbs to golden yellow led's, and put pure white led's in the interior lights.
Now I'm contemplating converting the lower space in the tail lights to a rear drl. Not sure if I want to do that, or slap on a square of DOT reflective tape.
That's a project for the future.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought the AppcarFCA program to play with.
I activated the drl's, and changed them to the fog lights, because I have a Buick with the low beam headlights as drl's, and it's an irritation when you come out of work at 10 pm to find one blown. That happened twice - on consecutive days. People seem to get irritated when you only have high beams. I really wanted drl's because grey jeep on grey road doesn't show up too well. I've already had people pull right out in front of me.
I also activated the headlights on with wipers, changed the headlight delay to 90 seconds, and the accessory power on to 60 minutes.
Today I switched the fog lamp bulbs to golden yellow led's, and put pure white led's in the interior lights.
Now I'm contemplating converting the lower space in the tail lights to a rear drl. Not sure if I want to do that, or slap on a square of DOT reflective tape.
That's a project for the future.
Is this like forscan but for a Chrysler?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

8061 - 8080 of 8099 Posts