Jeep Patriot Forums banner

8041 - 8060 of 8095 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts

Technically did these last weekend, but I did install decoders for them today so they behave properly now. Bent one of the adapters by accident trying to get it to fit (ended up breaking out the step drill bit to get them on) but Valkyrie is sending me out a replacement so I can get my passenger light aimed right. Their CS is excellent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Replaced front sway bar bushings. Right side was damaged and producing a clunk noise over uneven roads.

A little concerned as is the 2nd time the right side bushing is damaged in a year or less. Street in Mexico City are full of potholes so maybe is coincidence.

Also bushing bracket has a little damage in the upper ark product of metal-to-metal friction with sway bar. Not sure if this is creating premature damage of bushing. Ordered a new bracket already. Once arrived and changed will see

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4L
3 Posts
Yesterday, I was able to solve my horn problem. I purchased my 2010 Patriot in June 2020 and I've had horn problems until now. In the summer, the horn would go off when parked, ignition off typically in the middle of the day. In the fall, the horn would sometimes go off when the steering wheel was turned. Since I've owned it, the horn has only sounded twice when I commanded it and would rarely chirp when I locked the car with the key. I replaced my clock spring in November which I figured caused the horn the go off in the heat of the day and when the steering wheel was turned and with the help of a diagnosis the horn itself was actually faulty so I replaced that yesterday. I installed the Wolo Loud One Model 310 One Terminal and its nice and loud.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yesterday, I was able to solve my horn problem. I purchased my 2010 Patriot in June 2020 and I've had horn problems until now. In the summer, the horn would go off when parked, ignition off typically in the middle of the day. In the fall, the horn would sometimes go off when the steering wheel was turned. Since I've owned it, the horn has only sounded twice when I commanded it and would rarely chirp when I locked the car with the key. I replaced my clock spring in November which I figured caused the horn the go off in the heat of the day and when the steering wheel was turned and with the help of a diagnosis the horn itself was actually faulty so I replaced that yesterday. I installed the Wolo Loud One Model 310 One Terminal and its nice and loud.
I've had some issues with the horn as well, it's killed the stock horn and a Hella. I now have it running to a relay that controls a pair of Hellas, should be a little more robust. Just really weird that it's eaten two of them, not even sure how that works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having an issue with my 2015 Jeep Patriot. The right tail light does not work. The wire is in good condition because I checked to with the multi meter. It giving me 00.6 volts when the light is off and 1.2v when I try using the turn signal or brake light. Any idea what is wrong with it or why it has some voltage when it’s off

·
Registered
68 Posts
IMG_20210208_170735_6~2.jpg

IMG_20210208_170705_5~2.jpg

Just added the "4 x 4" emblem.

Australian FD1 models do not come with these included, so a couple of bucks from China and they're on!!

No idea how long they'll last, instead of 3M tape it had QM tape, using the same logo font.

Looks ok for now

Reactions: mr_et2

·
Registered
Jeep Patriot North 2.4L, 4x2, 5 spd manual transmission . .
111 Posts
New brakes, new front end suspension including control arms, and finally a new high cold crank battery.

I think the mechanic put in heavy duty shocks cause my Pat drives like an off road pick-up now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Found this on another car enthusiast forum, and thought it would be fun to see here.

Note: If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it.

Post just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's messing with your sound system, changed your oil, or finally finished up a big part of the project that you've been working on, or just anything and everything.
I got new tires, and then got 2 new wheel bearings on the back end and then found out my back axle rusted away, and needed new front brakes because they were shot and i got told they were good a month or two before that. And getting another wheel bearing done next week

·
Registered
93 Posts
Made an uprated greasable steering rack end bush, all installed and fited with silicone gaiters.
The old bush has so much axial clearance I took the majority of that out and added a longer glacier type bearing for improved loading & better long term performance, threw in and extra seal at the other end too. The steering is now beautiful!

Oh Yeah... Anybody else got snow? 🤣👌

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot Sport FDI
73 Posts
Today I figured out that the squeaking sound coming from a new Monroe suspension is caused by a little rubber nub so no worries there :) might just lube it or cut it off because it doesn’t appear to serve any purpose?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Modified, the center console to accept a Double Din head unit and painted in a factory 'soft touch' finish. Stoked with how it came out.

Will be adding a few more tricks soon. Wireless charging slot, integrated dash cam, reverse cam, DAB radio, GPS, wifi, microphone & integrated onboard diagnostics. 🤩

8041 - 8060 of 8095 Posts