Jeep Patriot Forums banner

8021 - 8040 of 8050 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Update. This is a preliminary review as I installed it today.

Removing the panel was easy. I used a plastic pryer to remove the fascia.
The good news is that it is NOT operated by a windows system (close one boys/gals) and is operated by Andriod OS. I verified the specs and it is exactly what I ordered. The touch screen feels like you are playing/scrolling with a big android phone in your car. Connecting the wires was not hard at all-everything is plug and play (I'll expand on this later). Responsiveness to touch and transitioning between screens is fast and accurate. Blue tooth works like my normal Uconnect Bluetooth (Ill expand on this later). The volume on the stereo did not change in quality (same old Jeep quality radio). I was disappointed as they advertised the system to be car play compatible and this is a lie. However android auto is available through the USB connection-which I am still working out the kinks.
Watching videos on youtube is fast however it does require Wifi and thus required me to use my hotspot. I am still not done with the complete installation as they included a backup camera with the radio (this will probably be done when I have more free time).

A couple of gripes.

• I can not use my steering wheel controls (I need to figure this out because wheel controls are life!)
  • The volume buttons are small which requires a bit more of your attention to make sure you are touching the correct button. (I probably would of went with the volume knob instead of the full touch screen)
  • Does not come with car play. (yea.....a dongle can be purchased to bypass this but I really didn't want extra wires in my car)
  • There is ONE wire from the OEM radio that has no port attachment on the new radio. I am not sure if this wire is Sirius XM wire or the Uconnect wire? I am speculating that it is probably the Uconnect wire because The radio comes with its own Bluetooth that you have to pair with.
  • It does get a bit hot to touch (maybe radio with a fan would have been beneficial)

I am still working out the kinks with Waze, Spotify, google maps, youtube, and fixing my steering wheel controls. Also, I am a bit annoyed that they advertised carplay with the system but honestly, that is so small compared to all the other positive attributes about this radio.

It is hard to say that I DONT LIKE this because it looks amazing in the car, but appearance does not equal functionality and ease of use. I will test it for sure on the road and everywhere else I go and update the forum as I go.

UPDATE: 11/13/2020

Regarding the screen getting hot.... not really. I have been using this radio without any issues or overheating issues.
Still having trouble with the steering wheel control (will try to reconnect all the wires)
Carplay or android auto does not come with the radio. However, the blue tooth is great works with music, phone calls, and whatever else you need to do.
Still fast and responsive. Does not lag.

Radiofrequency is just fine and volume is like factory radio. The 10inch screen works just fine and gets the job done. You need to use mobile hotspot to access Google maps or waze unless you get wifi hooked up to the car.

If i get the steering wheel controls fixed then I would be much happier.

UPDATE 11/18/2020

Super happy right now. They were able to fix my carplay and my steering wheel control (I pulled a rookie move).
Not going to lie....I took a gamble ordering a product out of the states especially an item like this. But to my surprise, the customer service was fantastic they kept in contact with me until the carplay and the steering wheel were resolved. For the carplay they had to send the application to reinstiall the program onto the radio again. Right after, the carplay worked great and I have been using it for google maps and music!

For the steering wheel control? well I did an oopise. This whole time I never plugged in the steering wheel connection (shaking my head). Nevertheless, the company kept in touch with my everyday until each issue was resolved.

I am happy camper right now. The radio is still smooth and responsive to touch. No lags. But I just have to say it is a purchase out of states so do your due diligence. Check the stores credibility and responsiveness and how many units they have sold. And always go with a bit of skepcistism.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition
40 Posts
Looks good. Later on today I'll be installing my Pioneer AVH-2550NEX. Spent last night soldering the Pioneers harness to the Maestro T harness, and loaded up the firmware to the box. Now I'm just waiting for Best Buy to open to collect a SXM tuner (got spoiled with the 3m free trial). Afterwards would be wiring up the Ham rigs power.

Reactions: JCali7

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4L
2 Posts
Today I changed my oil and spark plugs. The oil drain plug on my 2010 sport 2.4L engine size is 17mm and the spark plug screws are T30. Used rubber bands around the oil filter as a hack to help unscrew it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
How did you convert the driver seat to fold flat??
Hello, I built it from a spare passenger seat. Literally picked the parts I wanted from the passenger seat and rebuilt the driver's seat with them. Fairly easy and makes for a great overnight camper. If you have the leather seats and find and the driver's bolster worn through then the passenger seat can just be swapped over onto the subframe 👍
The photo shows the fold flat back from the passenger seat.
Let me know if you need a hand 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Soo did a hell of a lot on the Jeep last weekend, change the gearbox, transfer box, flywheel clutch, suspension struts, Springs, lift kit, and lower control arms.
Thought you might find this DIY suspension lift interesting.
I dismantled a set of old top mounts, flipped over be pressed steel half and mounted it to the top of another set of top mounts. Total lift 29mm from standard.
I then redrilled the lower rear shock mount position to lift the rear. This also means you maintain the correct shock angle when lifting.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,067 Posts
Beautiful day today. Went to the car wash and then headed to the park to try to figure out how to fly my new drone. Failed miserably, but at least I didn't damage it. Decided to take some pics. The last pic is something I'll be replacing Saturday, which I hope will alleviate my overheating CVT.

·
Registered
359 Posts
A. What the hell is that? B. Overheating CVT in NY, it must be in the 20s where you are!!??!!?????????

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,067 Posts
A. What the hell is that? B. Overheating CVT in NY, it must be in the 20s where you are!!??!!?????????
That is the "soup can" oil-to-water CVT trans cooler. My CVT has been overheating after 30 minutes on the highway since March, I think.

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
159 Posts
Changed my tyres.
Drove all summer with my winter wheels (they just didn't want to wear done) and mounted new michelin summer tyres (in the winter now).

These cars yust don't eat rubber like for instance my Mercedes does.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I had an alignment done on my 2007 Jeep Patriot with super low miles. Why the alignment was way out of specs is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I ran them through the center console molding (didn't remove just under edges) and just plugged it in an available usb port.
Ahh. I'd like to put similar lights in mine, but would like to wire them in so that they come on with the other interior lights. If I ever get around to it I'll probably run the wires up to the map lights.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Installed Exide SPRINTER MAX SX86 battery. 650CCA, 3-year free replacement. Exact fit. Btry hold down bracket bolt uses 1/2" socket FWIW. $90 after Home Depot Veteran discount.

Reactions: mr_et2
8021 - 8040 of 8050 Posts