Jeep Patriot Forums banner

8001 - 8020 of 8050 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,067 Posts
Replaced all 4 brake pads and rotors, as both right side rotors had become gouged. Don't know how that happened, as the pads were fine. Anyway, I found a kit with drilled/slotted rotors, ceramic pads, bottle of brake fluid and can of brake cleaner that was very reasonable. I don't know if I'll notice any difference with the drilled/slotted rotors, but for only $4 more than the standard rotors I figured it was worth finding out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Replaced all 4 brake pads and rotors, as both right side rotors had become gouged. Don't know how that happened, as the pads were fine. Anyway, I found a kit with drilled/slotted rotors, ceramic pads, bottle of brake fluid and can of brake cleaner that was very reasonable. I don't know if I'll notice any difference with the drilled/slotted rotors, but for only $4 more than the standard rotors I figured it was worth finding out.
Rock kicked up from driving.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition
40 Posts
Replaced all wiper blades (went to use them for the first time, and it was smear city. The rear wiper was falling apart), and a burned out foglamp. They don't give you alot of room to get at the bulb. Ranks right up there with reconnecting the transmission lines to the radiator on a WJ. But not as bad as actually replacing the radiator (11hr job with Mother Nature baking me in 100 degree heat).

·
Registered
55 Posts
What I've done has been over 15 months ended this last weekend...

1. Radio/A.C. controls/sunroof leak/fixed n un-clogged drain holes in track
2. New clock spring n turn signal switch/ horn kept honking intermittently
3.tires
4.wipers n wiper spray
5.struts-coil-shocks all 4
6. Front L-R control arms new brakes driver new hub knockle installed and sway bar bushings same with rear sway arm bushings
7. Rear hubs, back brake plates, new disc shoes and rotors
8. Mequriers 105 then M 205, then Mequriers polish then Mequriers wax
9. Buffed cloud headlights that I screwed up orginially ( could not leave well enough alone) now they are bright with new "Not" blue bulbs but very bright bulbs get high beam all the time / 600 grit 800 grit 1200 grit 2000grit 3000grit, polish, seal ,"WOW"
10. Drivers seat recliner arm
11. AND ON THE 7TH DAY, I rested

Still to do rear trailing arm bushings n rear hub arm upper n lower cause I have them sitting in Mom's garage and can't return them or I would

"Well also take a closer look at both cross member this winter too"

On "10-26-2020" My girlfriend and our daughter were driving around at night, she said omg it rides like my new honda passport and I was on some bad roads here in South "soviet"Jersey / I feel vindicated n my hands didnt feel that sore anymore

No its not my only driver, my harley n Vette are but Not during bad weather days or winter so yet I need to keep Her fit...

"The Shore" love that salt air, Thank You Atlantic Ocean...

Rich

·
Registered
48 Posts

Bought the 10inch screen I've been seeing on youtube. I purchased it through ali express because this is the only market providing this set up. Honestly I was very sketchy purchasing it since it's a purchase made outside of the states but everything went smooth and it legit got here in 3 weeks all the way from Singapore.
Next step is install and to test it out. Out with the ugly factory radio and in with this new touch screen !

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,067 Posts
View attachment 92855

Bought the 10inch screen I've been seeing on youtube. I purchased it through ali express because this is the only market providing this set up. Honestly I was very sketchy purchasing it since it's a purchase made outside of the states but everything went smooth and it legit got here in 3 weeks all the way from Singapore.
Next step is install and to test it out. Out with the ugly factory radio and in with this new touch screen !
What model is that? Could you share a link, please? Could you also share your thoughts on it after you've used it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can get those head units on ebay. I would be careful since most of the units I've seen have very old versions of Android (8/9), or worse Windows CE.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would be careful since most of the units I've seen have very old versions of Android (8/9), or worse Windows CE.
Windows CE should definitely be avoided. Older versions of Android don't really worry me. The XTRONS radio I have now came with Android 7.1 when Android 8 just came out and is still working flawlessly and the few apps I use (Waze and Torque), still update regularly. If it was a phone or tablet I would want the newest Android version, but all I'm looking for in a head unit is for it to work without issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can get those head units on ebay. I would be careful since most of the units I've seen have very old versions of Android (8/9), or worse Windows CE.
Oddly enough I trust this product coming from aliexpress than eBay. I'm sure they all come from the same place but aliexpress appears to handle their refunds and return policy well? And plus the guy on youtube who tested out the teyesspro really persuaded me to bite the bullet. I am going to definitely test it out. I'll most likely install it tomorrow.

If it's really not what I expect it to be (like the dreaded windows CE) then it will get shipped back, indefinitely

·
Registered
48 Posts
What model is that? Could you share a link, please? Could you also share your thoughts on it after you've used it?

Hey yes of course.

That is the link. I'm going to test it out tomorrow. I'm going to install it and update my experience.
I went with this one instead of the teyes spro that you see on YouTube because they advertised this one to have carplay embedded into the system while the teyes did not.
I bought the highest model with 4Gb ram 64gb because purchasing the 1gb or 2gb would be a waste of money.

I will for sure update the group on my experience. One last thing. It came with no instructions so that will be fun 😐

·
Registered
40 Posts
Changed out the Sumitomo tires for Toyo Open County ATIII's. Mounted my Ham Radio antennas, added the rear step bumper, Ventshades, and slapped on my plates. Next the stereo then running power, and coax for the radio.

The wifey today almost bought a blue 17 Patriot Latitude, but opted for a 2018 Grand Caravan (just as we were looking at the Pat someone had already scheduled a test drive, and bought it). I'm jealous.. She got heated seats, and steering wheel. I wonder if you can wedge a 3.6L in a Patriot.. [evil grin]..

8001 - 8020 of 8050 Posts