Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7981 - 7990 of 7990 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I replaced the heater blend door actuator. Thankfully that was the problem and I now have heat again! I also removed the front facia and repaired my front left directional that apparently got broken when I had the facia off back when I installed the trans cooler. While the facia was off I also replaced the 20" light bar. Hopefully this light bar will survive longer than the first one... most of the paint had come off of it, water had gotten into it and destroyed it.

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Patriot Sport 2.4L
1 Posts
Replaced CVT fluid and filter on 2010 Patriot Sport at 173,644 miles. Had a trans temp light come on during a long road trip in June and found that my fluid was black but no large metal pieces on the magnets in the pan. Realized that with no dipstick the only fill plug is on the side.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Replaced the front sway bar end links. I wanted to replace the sway bar bushings too, but can barely get a rachet in there. I didn't feel like dealing with them at the moment and decided to wait on those.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Instaled Fortin EVO-ONE remote starter. Using specific harness for Patriot make it easy, just need to run an extra wire for Clutch interlock signal.

As is a Manual transmission car, this remote starter is more to be used in "controlled" environments, like overnight parking at home or work parking than using in open street. My comment is because car needs to be in neutral in order to enable ready-mode and hold just with handbrake

·
Registered
825 Posts
Came out of work today to find my battery dead. Got a jump and headed to Sam's Club to get a new battery... didn't know that Duracell made car batteries. Put it in when I got home, then cleaned the bejesus out of the interior.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Changed OEM wiper blades to rain-x fusion blades, took care of some light rust on the underbody. Getting things ready for winter ❄

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did a bit of front end work including
Installed 2 relay boxes, air horn, removed surface rust from frame and crossmembers (rust-o-lium semi gloss black) replaced passenger side CV, and replaced a rusty motor mount bolt.
Tomorrow is the big day of projects :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hit a big pothole and damaged some components from front left wheel. A noise coming from front axle when braking, and after checking, wheel had irregular lateral movement like when a wheel is bent.
At the end, needed to change front left wheel hub, ball bearing and machined rotor. Approx USD 230 including labor

·
Registered
31 Posts
well early start and hear is the list.
Oil change
Coolant change
trans drain filter and fill (really sucks)
transfer case drain n fill
power steering flush and fill
diff oil change
brake fluid change (half done)
decided the calipers could use a rebuild since the rubber looks a bit dry and going to repaint them.

I think that's good for today :cool:

7981 - 7990 of 7990 Posts