Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7881 - 7891 of 7891 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Roof rack done! Maxhaul from Amazon. Thankfully they did away with that ugly sticker and screen printed their name on the deflector. Fairly straight forward install. I use lock tight on almost all projects. Used OE style cross bars from Amazon as well. They did need a bit of modifying though. They are both the same length so the one for the rear needed to be shortened close to 1/8th inch from each end (end caps/brackets simply pull off). And then there is the fact that the tab on the clamp needed to be bent to 90º (see photo) to fit into the bottom slot on the roof rails (there are 8 slots under there). Clamped into vice for initial bend and then tapped with hammer to final angle. These cross bars allow for a lower profile than others I looked at and are more streamlined which prevents much wind noise. There are knobs that pull the clamp up into the slot and they would not clear on the rear so I had pick up a couple metric bolts and stainless steel fender & lock washers.
Jeep roof rack.jpg
Jeep roof rack2.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I added a tablet holder that clips onto headrest posts, that articulates so both rear passengers can watch tablet. Tryone brand, $14 on Amazon.com. Best investment for road trips. Beats having to bring a dvd player that only one can use.

·
Registered
Jeep Patriot Sport 2008 – 2.4 – Manual Transmission
10 Posts
I installed yesterday new Android player and also added the reverse camera. Now bluetooth, navigation and also Spotify works great :)

7881 - 7891 of 7891 Posts