Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7881 - 7900 of 7945 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Roof rack done! Maxhaul from Amazon. Thankfully they did away with that ugly sticker and screen printed their name on the deflector. Fairly straight forward install. I use lock tight on almost all projects. Used OE style cross bars from Amazon as well. They did need a bit of modifying though. They are both the same length so the one for the rear needed to be shortened close to 1/8th inch from each end (end caps/brackets simply pull off). And then there is the fact that the tab on the clamp needed to be bent to 90º (see photo) to fit into the bottom slot on the roof rails (there are 8 slots under there). Clamped into vice for initial bend and then tapped with hammer to final angle. These cross bars allow for a lower profile than others I looked at and are more streamlined which prevents much wind noise. There are knobs that pull the clamp up into the slot and they would not clear on the rear so I had pick up a couple metric bolts and stainless steel fender & lock washers.
Jeep roof rack.jpg
Jeep roof rack2.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I added a tablet holder that clips onto headrest posts, that articulates so both rear passengers can watch tablet. Tryone brand, $14 on Amazon.com. Best investment for road trips. Beats having to bring a dvd player that only one can use.

·
Registered
Jeep Patriot Sport 2008 – 2.4 – Manual Transmission
10 Posts
I installed yesterday new Android player and also added the reverse camera. Now bluetooth, navigation and also Spotify works great :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
a few weeks ago - new a/t tires 225/65R17. size is ok for eu versions too - confirmed.

today i bough osb jscan app and change tire size, tire pressure notification and switch dlr on. works perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally found a replacement cap for my shifter! This was not easy to find, I thought mopar had it but they came back and told me they didn't.

11 bucks on ebay, used. View attachment 90789 View attachment 90788
Had the same issue with mine. Had to purchase the manual trans shifter from a 2007-2009 (Which is replaceable), take out the cap and insert the new cap into my 2011 shifter. Although the shifter is different between 2007 and 2011, the cap is the same.

The bad side is that after taking out the cap, the rest of the new shifter is not used.
The good side, is that you will have a new, shiny cap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I washed it and waxed it. You gotta clean it once in a while. I used to visit a lot but got busy and I looked at the odometer and its been 62,000 miles of ...nothing...always starts never had a problem .. just oil changes and a new set of tires (Firestone destination Le2 225 16 70) by the way the jeep was transformed by these it drives totally different. along the way I added a class 3 hitch, Navigation,back up camera, Sirius radio, power door locks. a cargo net and led lights. Truth of the mater is it is one of the few cars I have ever owned that i would buy again. My son turns 16 next month and will be the next owner. I'm gonna miss it

·
Registered
707 Posts
Last night while driving down the interstate my CVT overheated. So today I drained and filled the trans. I couldn't find the filter locally, so I ordered one which will be here in about 2 weeks. While under the Jeep I noticed an oily streak down the right side of the skid plate. Turned out to be from the inner right CV joint... the boot split. Ran and got a new CV axle, and for the life of me I could not get the old one off. With daylight running out I buttoned it back up. Since it's supposed to rain the rest of the week I think I'll pay a shop to replace it for me, hopefully I can find one who will use the part I already purchased.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Previously mentioned crankcase breather filter has been serviced. I decided to attempt to wash the filter with soap and water first before searching for a new one. Filter was dirty! Waiting for it to dry then return safe and sound to the air box. 👍

·
Registered
707 Posts
Got my Patriot back from the shop last night. They were nice enough to use the part that I purchased from Advance Auto. They also found that there was a bad ball joint, so replaced the lower control arm. $613 total. I think it's a pretty reasonable price, but just wasn't a good time to pay that much.

I had also asked them to investigate the squeaks that are coming from the rear end again. They quoted me over $2500 because they say that every bushing in the rear suspension is making noise, and the recommend replacing every single rear suspension component... yeah... not gonna do that. I'll just live with the noises, as long as I know nothing is going to fall off. Also, I started looking into buying a new vehicle.

7881 - 7900 of 7945 Posts