Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7861 - 7880 of 7891 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Found this on another car enthusiast forum, and thought it would be fun to see here.

Note: If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it.

Post just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's messing with your sound system, changed your oil, or finally finished up a big part of the project that you've been working on, or just anything and everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok just replaced the from struts matching the new back struts with monroe gas magic/ correctly in the jeep are rear LH-RH upper and lower control arms (moogs) with 2 trailing arm bushings (ones replaced EVERYTHING) FOR THE SUSPENSION is done

Rick

Damage used simple am/fm cd sat radio took a **** / looking for another

Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok just replaced the from struts matching the new back struts with monroe gas magic/ correctly in the jeep are rear LH-RH upper and lower control arms (moogs) with 2 trailing arm bushings (ones replaced EVERYTHING) FOR THE SUSPENSION is done

Rick

Damn used simple am/fm cd sat radio took a **** / looking for another

Rick

·
Registered
19 Posts

Rick

Damn used simple am/fm cd sat radio took a chit / looking for another

Rick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mr_et And Carlos, Got-r-done! Thanks for the recommendation guys. Used the Vgate interface which should come in handy for our other vehicles as well with whatever app it was they recommended. Gonna be nice pulling up to stores and NOT seeing headlights glaring back from their windows!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Low tire light came on, so i fired up my compressor. Went to get my aluminum valve stem caps off. low and behold the people at Valvoline, who serviced my Pat, cross thread them on the stem and they were beyond stuck. Had to call a tire shop and Valvoline, both told me i was SOL. Wound up destroying my caps, but my tires are full! I did find out Valvoline uses wrenched to screw caps on......who the F uses wrenched to put on caps you screw on by hand?????

·
Registered
506 Posts
Low tire light came on, so i fired up my compressor. Went to get my aluminum valve stem caps off. low and behold the people at Valvoline, who serviced my Pat, cross thread them on the stem and they were beyond stuck. Had to call a tire shop and Valvoline, both told me i was SOL. Wound up destroying my caps, but my tires are full! I did find out Valvoline uses wrenched to screw caps on......who the F uses wrenched to put on caps you screw on by hand?????
That is pretty ridiculous of them. One time the shop I go to for oil changes/tire rotations put my lug nuts on so tight that they had to cut them off the next time. Thankfully they didn't try to charge me for that.

·
Registered
Jeep Patriot Sport 2008 – 2.4 – Manual Transmission
10 Posts
The first mod is done – I made footwell lights from the old BMW licence plate lights :)

I took power under from A-pillar (yellow-white wire). When you open the door the all interior lights are on – including footwell lights. Also dimming works great. All materials (lights, wires, couplings, tape) found from my garage.

Total costs 0,00 € (0,00 $). It tooks 45 minute. What you think?

·
Registered
506 Posts
The first mod is done – I made footwell lights from the old BMW licence plate lights :)

I took power under from A-pillar (yellow-white wire). When you open the door the all interior lights are on – including footwell lights. Also dimming works great. All materials (lights, wires, couplings, tape) found from my garage.

Total costs 0,00 € (0,00 $). It tooks 45 minute. What you think?

View attachment 91316

View attachment 91317
Looks great! I bought some self adhesive LED strip lights for the footwells in mine and haven't gotten around to putting thim in yet, partially because I couldn't think of where to hook them up to. Now I know!

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is pretty ridiculous of them. One time the shop I go to for oil changes/tire rotations put my lug nuts on so tight that they had to cut them off the next time. Thankfully they didn't try to charge me for that.
I made the mistake of buying tires from Walmart for my Patriot (I bought used and it had bald tires) it had some custom caps on it, and they stole them. I had to call them and the supervisor found them in tool box of the same guy that sold me the tires. It wasn't like I was going to keep them, but the fact that i technically bought them when I bought the Jeep, I was almost going to press charges, but decided not too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The next mod; I installed aluminium pedals today. I ordered them from Aliexpress – quality is very good, install easy – just needs the drilling.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Cleaned battery terminals, did a check on it too. 5 yr old OEM battery and it's still strong👍

·
Registered
506 Posts
Couple days late, but tool my Pat in for an oil change & tire rotation Thursday. Had them check the battery and charging system since my Monday fiasco, and everything is good. 6 year old OEM battery still going strong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Changed Comet 500s in the roof with Hella’s FF75.
Not sure if they look better but preferred a lower profile

First picture is before, second in now

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
33 Posts
Was bored today. Due tot corona a few days off.
Took the front off and replaced the grill by black mesh.
Added some day running lights and sprayed the lip in grey.
Not so damn clean anymore.:cool: IMG_20200312_153830.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking good (y) What kind of mesh you did use?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you :)

7861 - 7880 of 7891 Posts