Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7841 - 7860 of 7891 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Opted for paint rather than plasti dip for my grill. And while I was there I found that lousy horn! Grill removal and separation weren't as bad as expected. Sand and primer prep and 2 coats of Krylon Duel, paint/primer. Nasty stuff, respirator required! Horns are Wolo from O'rileys, 1ea. high & low. You can hear me now!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Opted for paint rather than plasti dip for my grill. And while I was there I found that lousy horn! Grill removal and separation weren't as bad as expected. Sand and primer prep and 2 coats of Krylon Duel, paint/primer. Nasty stuff, respirator required! Horns are Wolo from O'rileys, 1ea. high & low. You can hear me now! View attachment 91263 View attachment 91264 View attachment 91265 View attachment 91266 View attachment 91267
What model horn did you use? I'm also looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well gang: I just checked my gas mileage today since the Stealership down loaded that transmission TSB I mentioned regarding the shift problem I was having.[past tense,:)] And the MPG came out to alittle over the 25 MPG mark,and that's 99% back road driving,with temps in the low teens and single numbers.Not bad,considering she's a four wheel drive,with a 2.4 motor ,coupled to a 6 SPD AUTO STICK transmission and NOT THE CVT. (y)Dave!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Now if I can just kill those daytime driving lights! I am workin on it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seriously, has anyone else been successful with this? Please explain. That'd be GREAT!

·
Registered
42 Posts
List of supported modules for the Patriot, the DRL module is only supported through 2010. Anybody tried it with later than 2010 model Riot?

·
Registered
16 Posts
With AppCar FCA you can turn them off.
Now if I can just kill those daytime driving lights! I am workin on it!
As indicated before by mr_et2, with AppCar DiagFCA you can do it. If because the year of your Pat there is no specific option, set Left and Right DRL Voltage Regulation/dropout to 0 volts on TIPM Reconfigurable Parameters. This will do the trick to disable DRL.

This is done from manufactury line on export Pats that go to countries without DRL enabled

·
Registered
16 Posts
List of supported modules for the Patriot, the DRL module is only supported through 2010. Anybody tried it with later than 2010 model Riot?
Export Pats sent to Mexico came without DRL. DRL voltage dropout is set to 0 volts and that way is disabled. I have a 2011 that came that way from manufactury line.

If you want to enable DRL, set to 4-6volts, if you want to disable, set to 0volts.

Let me know if you need a picture of the settings screen, or with that explanation works

·
Registered
42 Posts
Export Pats sent to Mexico came without DRL. DRL voltage dropout is set to 0 volts and that way is disabled. I have a 2011 that came that way from manufactury line.

If you want to enable DRL, set to 4-6volts, if you want to disable, set to 0volts.

Let me know if you need a picture of the settings screen, or with that explanation works
Carlos, do you think an independent shop with the right equipment could do it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Carlos, do you think an independent shop with the right equipment could do it?
For sure. It actually takes no more than 5 minutes.
Workshops specialiced on vehicles from FCA group should be able.
As late as tomorrow will place the picture of the configuration screen so can have an idea how it looks, but in advance, is as simple as set 2 values to zero

·
Registered
42 Posts
Carlos, I ordered the Vgate OBD yesterday and will download the program today. Thanks man!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Carlos, I ordered the Vgate OBD yesterday and will download the program today. Thanks man!
As promised, adding pictures of the parameters you need to change. Actually are a couple more, but in the same configuration page. Are the underlined in red.

Note that AppCar identifies my ride as Compass, not sure why, but actually a Patriot

Hope helps

7841 - 7860 of 7891 Posts