Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7821 - 7840 of 7986 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Just bought a 2009 North Edition 4WD.
I'm planning on adding a touchscreen head unit + backup camera (maybe aftermarket) and a start/stop button with passive keyless entry.
What are you guys' thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Enjoying the snow in Western NC.

_
2013 Patriot Sport 4WD, Thule SnowPack 6, all LEDs, Bride Shifter

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had to rescue my son as he left his lights on.. when going to attach the cables I found this mess..... so today I bought a new battery and ended up replacing one cable end and was able to save the rest. Battery cleaner and wire brush cleaned the cables for reattaching so I should be ok for the next 3+ years... I hope.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you have the auto-dimming mirror, it's pretty easy to do. Here's a video showing how:

More updates about Auto Headlights: Followed the video on YouTube and is a partial success. Changing the stalk and programming enables the "auto" function, however does not reacts to light, only turns on when car is started and turns off when ignition is off. Actually, after activating function with AppCar, a DTC indicating a fail on the twilight sensor appears. Monitoring the live data of the "sensor" is allways on almost 5volts. Doesn't change with light. Note I do have auto-dim rearview mirror

Investigating on the web, found:
  • The sunload sensor is controlled by the HVAC control in similar cars from the group; like the challenger, the 200 and even the wrangler.
  • Of the listed above, pins 9 and 10 of the HVAC's 16 pin connector are the ones handling sunload sensor
  • 2016 Pats came with auto-headlights and the sunload sensor at the right of the dash, however I've not been able to find a wiring diagram of the Pat including the sunload sensor
  • Searching I found a picture of a '16 Pat HVAC control with the pigtail. Note that pins 9 and 10 are wired. This makes me believe that, as the 200 and the challenger, the auto-headlights on the Pat is also controlled by HVAC's pins 9 and 10
  • This post helped a lot and somehow reinforces above statements: adding auto headlamps (challenger)

So I will take the risk and:
  • Found on eBay (And purchased) a Patriot's dash grille with the sunload sensor. Will arrive by the end of this week.
  • Purchased a pigtail to get the 2 missing pins (Pins 9 and 10) on my actual HVAC's control pigtail
  • Once I have the parts will wire and test
  • Will cross my fingers, hoping it works and I have not thrown away money
Parts will arrive late this week, hoping will be able to test on weekend. Will update the outcome, whatever it is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have a question regarding antennas. I have put in aftermarket LED headlights and resisters in my pat, and have also put in a shorter aftermarket antenna. Whenever I have my headlights on, most of my radio stations are completely fuzzy. Any ideas to help with that? The radio works just fine when the lights are off.
Honestly, this seems to be a problem with most vehicles. Doesn't seem to matter what size or quality antenna you replace the original with. If you swapped to LED your radio gets fuzzy. I've seen ppl use every number of fixes, some working better than others. Me personally, I drive mostly during the day, and only use CD's or Uconnect at night. (yeah, I'm one of those old souls latching onto the 90's tech. :p )
All I know is, when I buy my diesel Wrangler in another year, I'll be getting the LED lighting package to avoid this problem. Cars which come standard with LED's never seem to have the fuzzy problem. :p

·
Registered
814 Posts
Honestly, this seems to be a problem with most vehicles. Doesn't seem to matter what size or quality antenna you replace the original with. If you swapped to LED your radio gets fuzzy. I've seen ppl use every number of fixes, some working better than others. Me personally, I drive mostly during the day, and only use CD's or Uconnect at night. (yeah, I'm one of those old souls latching onto the 90's tech. :p )
All I know is, when I buy my diesel Wrangler in another year, I'll be getting the LED lighting package to avoid this problem. Cars which come standard with LED's never seem to have the fuzzy problem. :p
I've been running LED lights in every bulb in my Patriot for about 2 years and my radio is perfectly clear. I've had several sets of LED headlights while trying to find ones that put out a good beam pattern and still no noise... but I have an aftermarket Android radio... maybe it's just the crappy factory radio that has the issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was wanting to do this. How is the process? I'll do anything on my car, but not really knowledgeable with electrical. How long did it take you, and was it a complicated process? How did you hook up the on switch?
Not hard at all. The mounts are $10 on amazon. Just get a good harness and follow the instructions. I used mictuning, 5 blade rockers, wired the switches leds to the accessory switch so the leds on the switch wont be on all the time, the rest just hooks up to the battery for the most part. Inside leds are a full kit, also $10 from amazon. All domes and map lights as well as plate. No noise on stock radio and using xantenna 13", great reception. I'll make its own thread after the new wheels and tires tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been running LED lights in every bulb in my Patriot for about 2 years and my radio is perfectly clear. I've had several sets of LED headlights while trying to find ones that put out a good beam pattern and still no noise... but I have an aftermarket Android radio... maybe it's just the crappy factory radio that has the issue?
Honestly, I would not be shocked if that was in fact the issue. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
During our move last month I found this very nice Christmas tree topper/angel. The misses didn't want it so naturally I yanked it to pieces to see if there were any parts I could use. Include the right size screw I got from Home Depot, some JB Weld I already had, and a little Plastidip spray... CHECK OUT MY NEW ANTENNA!!

Strangely enough, this little do-hicky I threw together gets better reception than the stock antenna did. <_<

·
Registered
30 Posts
Successfuly enabled Auto-Headlights on my 2011 Sport FWD!!!

What do you need:

• Left Multifunction Switch with Auto option. In my case 68015101AG that includes Auto and fog lights
  • A '16 Patriot SunLoad sensor. Not sure the part number as I purchased the complete defroster grille with sunload sensor and pigtail.
  • Defrost grille from a '16 Patriot with the sensor base and the proper hole for it. If you are handy, you can do it to the actual grille at your risk.
  • HVAC Control pigtail to get 2 cable pins. The 2 pins need to be added to positions 9 and 10 of the actual C1 connector of the HVAC control
  • Cabling 2 wires from the sunload sensor to the pins 9 and 10 of HVAC sensor. Pin 1 of sunload sensor goes to Pin 9 on HVAC Control. Pin 4 of sunload sensor goes to Pin 10 of HVAC control. Pins 2 and 3 of Sunload sensor are not used.
  • Enable Auto-Headlamps on Pat's computer. I've did with AppCar DiagFCA
It works and reacts to light changes, turning lights on and off depending on enviromental light.

Later I will create an specific post with further details

2 pins for positions 9 and 10 of the HVAC control

HVAC control before adding 2 pins. See the empty pins on 9 and 10

HVAC control after adding pins 9 and 10

Old and new defroster grille. Left one belongs to a 2016 Patriot. Bought complete on eBay, including sunload sensor and pigtail. Note sunload sensor, the rounded bump next to defroster

Some pics about how it works:

Stalk set to auto

Lights are turned on as the car is in a basement

Adding light to the sunload sensor (Simulate light)

Lights are off after few seconds

7821 - 7840 of 7986 Posts