Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7801 - 7820 of 7986 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello everybody here! I’m just waiting for buy a Jeep Patriot 2011. But a lot of people tell my it’s not a good idea because after 100.000 miles all the unit have to problems with the transmission. Can somebody help me with information? Please??? Thank yoy
Very much for your attention
I got mine at 106,000 I now added 116,00 in a year. Still running good; I do oil changes every 3000 miles , I still haven't serviced my transmission fluid I need to find a shop I can trust to do that because I don't trust myself , but the vehicle is lovely

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a question regarding antennas. I have put in aftermarket LED headlights and resisters in my pat, and have also put in a shorter aftermarket antenna. Whenever I have my headlights on, most of my radio stations are completely fuzzy. Any ideas to help with that? The radio works just fine when the lights are off.
I had the same thing on a previous vehicle, a 1997 Dodge Stratus. Something in the wiring was messed up after a repair. A local shop fixed it for me. I don't remember the cost but it was reasonable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I own a 2011 Patriot Sport FWD, export. It came with Power Locks and Windows, 17" tires and fog lights as standard. Here some of the mods done so far:
  • Automatic A/C
  • Power folding mirrors
  • Aftermarket Auto-Dim mirror
  • 730n (RHR) Head Unit and lockpick
  • Original rear VES display
  • Backup camera
  • Replaced stock speakers with Kicker ones, including 2 twitters in the dash
  • Retrofitted ofiginal Boston Subwoofer in the trunk
  • Installed EVIC cluster
  • Mud Flaps and window deflector vents
  • 6 Driving lights: 2 x Comet 500 in the bumper and 4 x Comet 450 in the roof. Original mopar harness and dash switch used
  • Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra or similar light bulbs in all lamps (Headlamps, fog lights and driving lights)
Planning to do:
  • Replace Auto-dim mirror with original one (Including integrated Uconnect mic)
  • Try to enable auto-headlights
  • Rear park assist sensors (To complement backup camera)
  • Replace actual aftermarket backup camera with OEM one (Replacing tailgate trim)
  • Change the 4 Commet 450 in the roof with FF75
Regards

·
Registered
814 Posts
I own a 2011 Patriot Sport FWD, export. It came with Power Locks and Windows, 17" tires and fog lights as standard. Here some of the mods done so far:
  • Automatic A/C
  • Power folding mirrors
  • Aftermarket Auto-Dim mirror
  • 730n (RHR) Head Unit and lockpick
  • Original rear VES display
  • Backup camera
  • Replaced stock speakers with Kicker ones, including 2 twitters in the dash
  • Retrofitted ofiginal Boston Subwoofer in the trunk
  • Installed EVIC cluster
  • Mud Flaps and window deflector vents
  • 6 Driving lights: 2 x Comet 500 in the bumper and 4 x Comet 450 in the roof. Original mopar harness and dash switch used
  • Phillips Crystal Vision Ultra or similar light bulbs in all lamps (Headlamps, fog lights and driving lights)
Planning to do:
  • Replace Auto-dim mirror with original one (Including integrated Uconnect mic)
  • Try to enable auto-headlights
  • Rear park assist sensors (To complement backup camera)
  • Replace actual aftermarket backup camera with OEM one (Replacing tailgate trim)
  • Change the 4 Commet 450 in the roof with FF75
Regards
Show us some pics!

When you get the Auto-dim mirror, don't forget that you will also need the wire harness that goes between the mirror and the radio. I read somewhere that it's pretty easy to enable auto-headlights, you'll need a light switch from a vehicle that has them, I believe the post mentioned that they used one from a Liberty, but I might be mistaken on that. You'll also need to enable the feature in the TIPM, either at a dealer or by using a program such as AppCar FCA.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Show us some pics!

When you get the Auto-dim mirror, don't forget that you will also need the wire harness that goes between the mirror and the radio. I read somewhere that it's pretty easy to enable auto-headlights, you'll need a light switch from a vehicle that has them, I believe the post mentioned that they used one from a Liberty, but I might be mistaken on that. You'll also need to enable the feature in the TIPM, either at a dealer or by using a program such as AppCar FCA.
Auto Dim's are nice! Especially when Semi trucks are right behind you, just wish they could do that for the side mirrors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's usually caused by a sticking roll-over valve:

Taking the pump out may have bumped it loose; keep your fingers crossed. :)
I just filled the tank again today. The tank filled normally. If it was the roll over valve then jarring the tank seems to have restored the valve. I don't know how long this will last. Does anyone know what contaminates cause the valve to stick? I saw one post from someone who cut their tank open. That person found the valve in two pieces. Anyway, I'd add my approach to anyone with the same problem. It may just save an $800+ bill.

·
Registered
25 Posts
After making the most of the lovely weather today in the Northeast out riding, I went and picked up OEM replacement sparkplugs from Advance Auto in the ZR2 (wanted to swap plugs on a cold head). Used my 25% off discount, for a total of $9.96. LOL, I got dirtbikes with more expensive plugs then that! Found the take-out plugs to definitely be original. Very easy swap! Waiting on the shift cable bushings to show up for the next task.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well I could not wait for the jeep appt to check and repair the abs/trac cont/4wd!/cruise control to be checked out. as prev stated i checked the pink wires (was already repaired) and had a scan done "left rear tone". I went to a very reputable local shop my son uses and I drop him off a lot to ( honda pilot) and $217.00 later and a couple hrs and the bearing was replaced! Sensor checked fine. Bearing was rotted. Also got to check under the car for the first time and frames were all surface rust, saw newer frt control arms newer rear struts and all dry under there. All lights out and I am now ready for the snow storm tomorrow! Just realized I have logged 1521 miles since i purchased this car on sept 2,2019!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Show us some pics!

Adding some pics. Please take into account that this is originally a FWD Sport model.

Driving lights. Picture is before I installed mudflaps. Not posting a new one as I haven't whashed it yet, so is very dirty
Roof and bumper's lights are in the same circuit so all light at the same time
Configured with AppCar to do not power off fog lights with high beam, so in high beam 10 lights are on
Planning to replace roof's Comet 450 with FF75 in a couple of weeks.

Detail of RHR head unit and automatic A/C, Control in Celsius degrees

EVIC Cluster and "premium" steering wheel

AutoDimm Mirror with uConnect mics. Note roof console with IR sensor for automatic A/C

Power folding mirror (Note the symbol on the mirror control. You have to rotate clock or counter clockwise to fold). Also note at the right the switch for the driving lights

Detail of the VES for rear seats. The RCA cables seen in the opposite side came from RHR unit
The VES for Patriot is designed as an standalone unit with its own DVD player and RCA inputs. I wired RHR Video out to VES

VES unit. Note an aditional light installed. The VES blocks the original one, so an aditional was installed. Also note seats were changed from cloth to leather

Planning also to try to add auto headlights, but I believe I will need to add the sunlight sensor that came in newer Pats; however I've not been able to find the wiring diagram for the sensor. I think that the light sensor in the mirror is not enought to turn lights on or off with light changes, as there is no wiring for that

Any question, let me know

·
Registered
814 Posts
Planning also to try to add auto headlights, but I believe I will need to add the sunlight sensor that came in newer Pats; however I've not been able to find the wiring diagram for the sensor. I think that the light sensor in the mirror is not enought to turn lights on or off with light changes, as there is no wiring for that

Any question, let me know
If you have the auto-dimming mirror, it's pretty easy to do. Here's a video showing how:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Added some new paint scuffs to my rear driver side door when a deer decided to headbutt me on my drive home Wednesday night. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you have the auto-dimming mirror, it's pretty easy to do. Here's a video showing how:

I've seen the same video, but not sure if it will turns on and off with light changes or just with the ignition.

Anyway, I will try: I've already purchased the "auto" switch and should arrive next week. Will test it and post back how it goes.

Best Regards

7801 - 7820 of 7986 Posts