Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7781 - 7800 of 7986 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
So today, I fixed an issue I had with the wheels until I can upgrade them to the ones I want. The solution was found at Autozone.com and is called Imposter WheelSkinz. Basically a wheel cover but made specifically to restore the look of the OEM wheel, take a look...before...

And after...

·
Registered
814 Posts
That does look better! My FD2 came with wheel covers like that, but chrome. They started to rattle and make lots of noise so I took them off, but if my wheels get to looking like yours I'll fix the rattling problem and put them back on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I went in reverse. Removed the K&N intake off my FD2 and reinstalled the factory intake. Primarily because I am starting to gear my Patriot more towards adventure and offroad, and the open-air intake isn't as conducive to that sort of activity as the factory one. Might still order a custom AFE filter, but that's for the future..

Reactions: Flamewave

·
Registered
632 Posts
got my oil changed

Reactions: RonD

·
Registered
329 Posts
I went in reverse. Removed the K&N intake off my FD2 and reinstalled the factory intake. Primarily because I am starting to gear my Patriot more towards adventure and offroad, and the open-air intake isn't as conducive to that sort of activity as the factory one. Might still order a custom AFE filter, but that's for the future..
Did the K&N make a difference?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Today I opened up the Climate Control Trim Panel to get a feel for how big a job it was going to be to replace the factory radio. That part was easy. Disconnecting the Heater/AC controls was a little more challenging (2009 version). I discovered that the engineers in their infinite wisdom built a $130 module without replaceable lamps and now the module is discontinued. Then I put it all back together, went into the shop, and started putting the PAC interface cable together.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did the K&N make a difference?
Not really. Made it louder, that's about it. The kit isn't well designed. The ECU mount requires the removal of several wire harness clips to get enough slack in the harness to reach, and the attachment point at the throttle body was questionable at best. The factory system uses an integrated boot with 1 clamp, the K&N setup uses a piece of tubing with 2 clamps. It's a pain to properly tighten 1 clamp down there, 2 is a bitch.

Reactions: RonD

·
Registered
48 Posts
I replaced my left turn signal housing which was a pain in the ass!!! And added LEDs to light up my license plate since I got pulled over last month cause I had no lights working on the plate.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not done today, but been doing a little work over the last two weeks. Smoked my rear taillights and upgraded wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found this on another car enthusiast forum, and thought it would be fun to see here.

Note: If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it.

Post just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's messing with your sound system, changed your oil, or finally finished up a big part of the project that you've been working on, or just anything and everything.
Hello everybody here! I’m just waiting for buy a Jeep Patriot 2011. But a lot of people tell my it’s not a good idea because after 100.000 miles all the unit have to problems with the transmission. Can somebody help me with information? Please??? Thank yoy
Very much for your attention

·
Use the SEARCH feature
1,433 Posts
Hello everybody here! I’m just waiting for buy a Jeep Patriot 2011. But a lot of people tell my it’s not a good idea because after 100.000 miles all the unit have to problems with the transmission. Can somebody help me with information? Please??? Thank yoy
Very much for your attention
Welcome to the forum.
The CVT transmissions have been known to have issues when not properly maintained (fluid changes, etc.) Does the seller have the vehicle maintenance records?

·
Registered
9 Posts
some good lookin stuff so far. Just a few things I've done since last December. tire size is a 225/65r17 on the stock rims. only did the back. the license plate was a bday present from my wife, and the pats cover was a gift from my mom two years ago. the hood decal was my genius idea. I think its quite hilarious! I might be getting a diesel wrangler unlimited this july so not sure I'm going to do much else in the meantime. :p

stockSteelies

·
Registered
329 Posts
some good lookin stuff so far. Just a few things I've done since last December. tire size is a 225/65r17 on the stock rims. only did the back. the license plate was a bday present from my wife, and the pats cover was a gift from my mom two years ago. the hood decal was my genius idea. I think its quite hilarious! I might be getting a diesel wrangler unlimited this july so not sure I'm going to do much else in the meantime. :p

stockSteelies View attachment 91043 View attachment 91044 View attachment 91045 View attachment 91046 View attachment 91047
I like the Discontinued decal ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2012 Patriot would not let me fill the gas tank only a trickle at a time. I had no codes. I read several forums. I took the evap canister off the car and checked for any blockage. Applied air pressure to both the canister and lines. I went back to the gas station and still had the filling problem. I then went to the fuel tank. Took the back seat out and undid the sensor and fuel line in order to lift the fuel pump out. But I had trouble getting the metal ring off and ran out of time. So I put everything back together. I decided to order the Dorman Evaporative Emissions Charcoal Canister and replace the canister next week. This morning I stopped at the gas station to dribble in enough gas for the weekend. To my surprise the gas pump filled the car normally... Maybe the problem fixed? Could pulling the fuel line from the fuel pump have done it? Maybe the evap canister is working now after having it out? I really don't know. But as of now I have no problems. And that's what I did today on my Patriot.

·
Super Moderator
5,376 Posts
My 2012 Patriot would not let me fill the gas tank only a trickle at a time. .... This morning I stopped at the gas station to dribble in enough gas for the weekend. To my surprise the gas pump filled the car normally... Maybe the problem fixed? Could pulling the fuel line from the fuel pump have done it? Maybe the evap canister is working now after having it out? I really don't know.
It's usually caused by a sticking roll-over valve:

Taking the pump out may have bumped it loose; keep your fingers crossed. :)

7781 - 7800 of 7986 Posts