Jeep Patriot Forums banner

7701 - 7720 of 7761 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,158 Posts
Replaced the recirc/fresh air actuator. Gear teeth were stripped to the point it chattered on start up and every time the recirc button was pushed. Found a cheap replacement for $15 on Amazon, we'll see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Rear frame check, 1st time I've checked since fluid filmed in the winter. just a few small rust spots on the cross members, nothing to get excited about. Fluid filmed the cross members then skidadeld. Now watching movie on the Manson family on Pluto TV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finished up front driver side lower ball joint and wheel bearing r & r. Added new rotors and pads to both sides as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,158 Posts
Glued a broken windshield washer nozzle back together, hopefully it's stays.

Aftermarket parts don't seem to get good reviews, and new OEM costs $27 on Amazon. A lot of money for such a little piece of plastic that will probably just break again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As just posted elsewhere and as an older, non-mechanic type, managed to replace the Throttle-body myself at 63,000 which, if as it appears now, solves the stalling issue, has saved me about $200+ in labour charge!

Beyond that & spark-plugs & coil-packs at 60k and oil-changes at every 25k, the car is reliable & runs like a top.

·
Super Moderator
4,158 Posts
As just posted elsewhere and as an older, non-mechanic type, managed to replace the Throttle-body myself at 63,000 which, if as it appears now, solves the stalling issue, has saved me about $200+ in labour charge!

Beyond that & spark-plugs & coil-packs at 60k and oil-changes at every 25k, the car is reliable & runs like a top.
Congrats, nicely done!

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is my 2008 FWD Riot. It's got angry bird eyes , self modified to fit my Jeep . Flush Mount Flood LEDs in the back and a personal decal as well. Plastidipped patriot words in the back . spray painted the trim.
did you remove the trim to paint or tape job?
Also how did you manage to modify the angry eyes to fit your 2008. I’m about to pick up a patriot and I want those angry eyes but they only fit the newer models. Love what you did to your patriot!

·
Registered
30 Posts
did you remove the trim to paint or tape job?
Also how did you manage to modify the angry eyes to fit your 2008. I’m about to pick up a patriot and I want those angry eyes but they only fit the newer models. Love what you did to your patriot!
I used alot of painter's tape to spray paint the trim , well worth it ; As for the Angry Eyes I ordered them from ebay I believe . They were for the newer model Patriots . What I did was saw off some of the plastic off too the point to where it sits just right on my grille and used double sided 3M tape to make it stick . I just recently added powerlocks to mine as well , I have the sports model. Thanks for your comment 👌🏼. Its slowly coming along pretty good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used alot of painter's tape to spray paint the trim , well worth it ; As for the Angry Eyes I ordered them from ebay I believe . They were for the newer model Patriots . What I did was saw off some of the plastic off too the point to where it sits just right on my grille and used double sided 3M tape to make it stick . I just recently added powerlocks to mine as well , I have the sports model. Thanks for your comment 👌🏼. Its slowly coming along pretty good.
Question about the Angry Eyes- Was it at all difficult to do? Cutting them to make them fit.
I just plasti dipped my bumpers and a couple emblems but I think I need to re-do the bumpers. They came out a little fuzzy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Plugs, PCV, air filter and cabin air filter replacement. Next week is PTU and RDU fluid replacement. 112K

·
Registered
30 Posts
Question about the Angry Eyes- Was it at all difficult to do? Cutting them to make them fit.
I just plasti dipped my bumpers and a couple emblems but I think I need to re-do the bumpers. They came out a little fuzzy.
It was really easy actually , I used a hand saw ; I cut short pieces going all around in a circle then checking to see if it will fit , if more needed to be cut then i would trim more until if fits . Then I did fine sanding on the edges to make it smooth

7701 - 7720 of 7761 Posts