Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 7723 Posts

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on another car enthusiast forum, and thought it would be fun to see here.

Note: If you're looking for somewhere to tell about your entire project plans, this isn't it.

Post just a little something about what you did today. Whether it's messing with your sound system, changed your oil, or finally finished up a big part of the project that you've been working on, or just anything and everything.

·
Judge Dredd
520 Posts
Topped up the screenwash...drove to my folks house and took their dog in it to go for a walk in the forest!

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
I bought mine around Christmas so right in the middle of our gunky, rainy, messy season.

So today I finally cleaned the windows, in and out, thoroughly.

Snap together plastic interior parts start out with loads of softeners in them so they don't break on the factory floor during install. Over time these softeners and plastisizers off gas, the plastic hardens up and that is why it is such a pain to get them off an older car.

Meantime your glass gets a film that is near impossible to get off by simply washing your windows. You have to attack it on multiple fronts with multiple things.

That is what I did. 2.5 hours on just the glass, in and out.

Some of that is wait time, I'm not that anal!

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't like my rubber floor mats anymore, they seem to just collect dirt and then its virtually impossible to clean. Will be looking for cloth ones soon.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't like my rubber floor mats anymore, they seem to just collect dirt and then its virtually impossible to clean. Will be looking for cloth ones soon.
I have rubber mats in the wife's Nissan SER and hang them on the floor mat clips on the wall at the car wash, blast them with the pressure washer and they clean up great. They salt the roads in the winter where I live and if i don't use rubber mats in the winter the salt ruins the carpet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also found a Simoniz tire cleaner that brings back the brightness of the raised white letters on your tires. It really makes the white letters pop again!

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts
How ironic as Murman and I had a discussion earlier today about Jeep slush mats. I was telling him how sick I'm of cleaning my carpet mats and was thinking about purchasing a set of slush mats for $52 shipped. I don't need WT or Husky liners as I don't deal with snow and slush mats is a cheaper alternative.

But to answer the topic of the thread...cleaned my carpet mats AGAIN and drove to get some burgers for dinner.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thread seems to be doing good so far. I guess carpet mats arient the best idea then, Maybe I should look into lower profile rubber ones. I currently have a "diamond plate" pattern one, but the diamonds stand up a good half inch, which leaves plenty of room for dirt and junk.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
I sneak into the laundromat late at night and run our rubber mats through a quick wash cycle in the big commercial units.

Costs a buck (I think, maybe $2) and they are squeaky clean after.

drip dry, I'm too cheap to pay for a dryer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
washed thoroughly (including the bottom) to remove any salt still remaining from the winter :)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Do virtual mods count???

Playing around with MS Paint as I'm would like to make my Patriot look more like the XJ I used to have as well as protect it from dings and scratches. The plan would be to use Plasti-Dip for the wheel wells and aftermarket molding . What do you think? I don't think the pictures do it justice because of the lack of contrast but I value other opinions. I'm going to post this in Exteriors also.

Oh. I did wash it yesterday if that counts!

The last pic in the original image.

Attachments

·
Life Long Jeeper
370 Posts
kaimusgrove, that sucks hopefully everyone is alright. on the bright side, maybe they'll give you a '12!!!

as far as what i did today...i watched my wife clean it out. keeping the car clean and clutter free is a pet peeve of mine lately my wife has been leaving [email protected] in it, so today....

1 - 20 of 7723 Posts
About this Discussion
7.7K Replies
589 Participants
thesavo
Jeep Patriot Forums
Join our community to discuss the Jeep Patriot & Jeep Compass. Find answers to all your Jeep Patriot technical questions.
Full Forum Listing