Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Been chasing this one for a while. It started when I triggered my rear wiper-washer one night. Headlights died and all lights lit up on dash. Also, car went into limp mode. Got it home and started my research. Replaced TIPM, Clockspring-and Steering sensor,..also washer stalk. (Rear wheel speed sensors replaced earlier in 2020) The TIPM replacement fixed the limp mode, but still problems with ESP, ABS, Trac Control lights, as well as a weird shut down when activating the washer stalk. While car is running, it will go through this odd display of lights, but then will come back to semi-normal operations....but ESP, ABS, and TC lights stay on. One time, I briefly saw "NO BUS" message flash on dash too, but never saw it again. getting this one ready to sell, but would really like to solve this.....help..!

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
962 Posts
Does it have any codes in the computer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First time around there were many codes..All "U" codes.....I'll check them again after work tonight and let ya know.
P0700, P0481, P0480, P0032, P0038, P161B, P0610, P167, U110C, U0402, U0141, U1403, U10E anyone have any ideas..??

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can search the web to find out what the codes mean and how to fix them. (many have videos) Here are links to each of the codes you listed. (there are many more} The hard part is knowing which code to work out first.

I'm sorry to say if it was me it would be off to my local Jeep dealer with a large box full of cash! I hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can search the web to find out what the codes mean and how to fix them. (many have videos) Here are links to each of the codes you listed. (there are many more} The hard part is knowing which code to work out first.

I'm sorry to say if it was me it would be off to my local Jeep dealer with a large box full of cash! I hope this helps.
Thank you, Luckily this is not my daily driver. Planning to just sell it, as-is.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
962 Posts
The first thing I would check would be the relay box that under the battery/left headlight. The relays/contacts/wires can corrode and cause all sorts of issues. It's wired directly to the instrument cluster/CCN and some of the relays are for the fans and PCM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The first thing I would check would be the relay box that under the battery/left headlight. The relays/contacts/wires can corrode and cause all sorts of issues. It's wired directly to the instrument cluster/CCN and some of the relays are for the fans and PCM.
Thanks for that. I saw that on a video yesterday. Looks like a bit of a bear to get to, but that could be the source of my issues. I hate to sell it as-is, so I'll see if I find any damaged wires down there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you access the lower relay box..?? I would guess through the wheel well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, Been chasing this one for a while. It started when I triggered my rear wiper-washer one night. Headlights died and all lights lit up on dash. Also, car went into limp mode. Got it home and started my research. Replaced TIPM, Clockspring-and Steering sensor,..also washer stalk. (Rear wheel speed sensors replaced earlier in 2020) The TIPM replacement fixed the limp mode, but still problems with ESP, ABS, Trac Control lights, as well as a weird shut down when activating the washer stalk. While car is running, it will go through this odd display of lights, but then will come back to semi-normal operations....but ESP, ABS, and TC lights stay on. One time, I briefly saw "NO BUS" message flash on dash too, but never saw it again. getting this one ready to sell, but would really like to solve this.....help..!
Hey, all the lights came on mine and 4 days later my battery died while driving. Probably just replace your battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, all the lights came on mine and 4 days later my battery died while driving. Probably just replace your battery.
Could it be that simple..? Current battery tests fine, cold at 12.4 volts and charging at 14.3 V...BUT it is almost 5 years old. Anybody have ideas about this..?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could it be that simple..? Current battery tests fine, cold at 12.4 volts and charging at 14.3 V...BUT it is almost 5 years old. Anybody have ideas about this..?
I tested mine, and it was testing fine, all the numbers were good. Then the next day I went to the grocery store, I came back to the car, it wouldn't start and the same lights came on. AAA came, jumped my car and checked my battery again, the guy said it was good, I started driving off the lot after waiting some time to recharge the battery while the car was on, then when I made a right turn, the car died mid-turn! I was like oh F*, got out, pushed it to the curb (luckily it was a right turn not a left turn). I said "you know what let me just get a new battery". As soon as I replaced it, no warning lights at all. ... I'm not saying it's your problem, but it could very well be. [I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot 2WD but with 2 inch lift kit).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tested mine, and it was testing fine, all the numbers were good. Then the next day I went to the grocery store, I came back to the car, it wouldn't start and the same lights came on. AAA came, jumped my car and checked my battery again, the guy said it was good, I started driving off the lot after waiting some time to recharge the battery while the car was on, then when I made a right turn, the car died mid-turn! I was like oh F*, got out, pushed it to the curb (luckily it was a right turn not a left turn). I said "you know what let me just get a new battery". As soon as I replaced it, no warning lights at all. ... I'm not saying it's your problem, but it could very well be. [I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot 2WD but with 2 inch lift kit).
I'll replace it. WTH....we're not talking a lot of money and may make it easier to sell..!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let me know if it works, hopefully that what the issue is and I'm not wasting your cash x.x
OK...Bought new battery and will install tonight. Checked codes an hour ago and down to: U1403, P0032 and P0038. I know the P codes are for O2 sensor heater circuits. Some forums say there is a fuse for this in Patriots. If so, where is it located? Both upstream and downstream sensors were replaced in 2019, but I think I used Bosch. Maybe not compatible with Patriot? The heater circuit reads 2.5 V on both.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK...Bought new battery and will install tonight. Checked codes an hour ago and down to: U1403, P0032 and P0038. I know the P codes are for O2 sensor heater circuits. Some forums say there is a fuse for this in Patriots. If so, where is it located? Both upstream and downstream sensors were replaced in 2019, but I think I used Bosch. Maybe not compatible with Patriot? The heater circuit reads 2.5 V on both.
Does anyone know which fuse? might feed the Heater circuits for the O2 sensors..?

·
Super Moderator
5,658 Posts
Does anyone know which fuse? might feed the Heater circuits for the O2 sensors..?
The heaters are driven directly through the PCM (see below).

Here's the info on U1403.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts