Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I drive a 2.2 CRD, 201170 years limited edition Patriot. Mostly happy with it. But lately, it started being less reliable, which is a bummer because it is my only car.

To the point: this part 68090692AB_MOP broke and left me stranded because it is nowhere to be found around the world.

Also indicated as K68090692AB.

It is on backorder or out of stock wherever I, Jeep Italy, Jeep Turkey (where I am for my wife's family) looked for.

No, it cannot be fixed by replacing only the pump at the bottom of the part (as most mechanics thought at first, only to backtrack and glumly accepting the only way is replacing the whole part).

You may try to post links to vendors, but from experience, if it appears available, they just did not update their databases.

Anybody else in my situation around Europe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, half a month later nobody came forward. Lucky you. Let's try with a question: for all CRD 2.2 owners, should I keep this Patriot, or get rid of it?

·
Administrator
7,227 Posts
Hi haerone, sorry you're having so little luck with this.

If it's ok with you, I'd like to move this thread to General Discussion for better visibility.

Also, would any of these ebay sources be of use?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi haerone, sorry you're having so little luck with this.

If it's ok with you, I'd like to move this thread to General Discussion for better visibility.

Also, would any of these ebay sources be of use?
Hi, thanks for the support.
I brought the car to a dedicated mechanic which knows this car, and will hopefully fix it. Thanks for the link to the pump on ebay, unfortunately by the time I checked they had already sold it. They said they will receive more shortly, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I drive a 2.2 CRD, 201170 years limited edition Patriot. Mostly happy with it. But lately, it started being less reliable, which is a bummer because it is my only car.

To the point: this part 68090692AB_MOP broke and left me stranded because it is nowhere to be found around the world.

Also indicated as K68090692AB.

It is on backorder or out of stock wherever I, Jeep Italy, Jeep Turkey (where I am for my wife's family) looked for.

No, it cannot be fixed by replacing only the pump at the bottom of the part (as most mechanics thought at first, only to backtrack and glumly accepting the only way is replacing the whole part).

You may try to post links to vendors, but from experience, if it appears available, they just did not update their databases.

Anybody else in my situation around Europe?
hi, I haven’t found that part either. Have you been hable to repair it? Let me know please. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi, I haven’t found that part either. Have you been hable to repair it? Let me know please. Thanks
Hi Michaela,

the mechanic is working on the compatible pump which allowed me to drive back from Turkey to Italy, but it leaks coolant. He said he will let me know on Monday. So fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, half a month later nobody came forward. Lucky you. Let's try with a question: for all CRD 2.2 owners, should I keep this Patriot, or get rid of it?
Hi Michaela,

the mechanic is working on the compatible pump which allowed me to drive back from Turkey to Italy, but it leaks coolant. He said he will let me know on Monday. So fingers crossed.
hope you have better luck than me. I will try to find it. Been nearly a year…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts