Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the black look with the windows tinted nicely, but I hate the sharp contrast of the aluminum wheels. I am thinking of using the Duplicolor Wheel Paint to change the wheels to black. Anyone done this? Opinions of the end product? Pictures of what you did?

Here is a pic I made of what I believe it will turn out like:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah...I still have to strip those trim pieces off, too. I have talked to a couple people about plasti-dip, but the opinions/experiences were not good. :confused:

They said it only lasted about 3-6 months and the paint has lasted 2-3 years so far.

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
i can assure you plasti-dip will last longer than that! my honda has been dipped for over a year or so now, still looks the same as the day i dipped it! you must be a great guy with a name like "Brent"

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
either do what nhpatriot says or do what you want. it's your ride..to each their own :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well...since I bought this for my wife, and she has decided she doesn't like the black wheel look, I guess I will find something else to work on... :doh:

·
Registered
243 Posts
There are plenty of mods you can do - you might even get your wife involved in "dressing up" the Patriot - there are some great ideas here. We both have been enjoying this site and all the ideas here. Do you still have your Comanche? I wanted one so badly when I first bought a truck. I just could not swing it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This might give you and her a little bit better of an idea to what it might look like. This is old though I didnt go with the full blackout I added green to all the chrome, but I did black out the taillights

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
do what you want. it's your ride..to each their own :)
I agree with that 100%. What I think or you think or anyone else thinks is irrelavent. Only the owner's opinion matters and in this case only his wife's matters :D. If the OP likes it then he should do it. I was simply stating my opinion as he asked for them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

I will look black.

·
Registered
25 Posts
VHT Wheel Paint!

This time I decided to stay away from plati dip. I would go visit family through a dirt road and yeah the dip didn't really like that. I decided to go with a glossy black. I used VHT Wheel Paint with their VHT Gloss Clear coat and the results were great all for just $50 I also used self etching primer don't remember the brand.

Attachments

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
nice. are you going to keep the badges? and handles?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
22 Participants
dhtmldude
Jeep Patriot Forums
Join our community to discuss the Jeep Patriot & Jeep Compass. Find answers to all your Jeep Patriot technical questions.
Full Forum Listing