Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK ..

1st .. 14P .. you are correct. Where I got that part number is beyond me, but searching on that website for the ATC brought back the part number you stated .. [55111278AE]

2nd .. Jeep/Mopar does make an ATC for the 2013 Patriot Latitude, just having a devil of a time finding the correct part number.

Found a PDF of the '2013 Jeep Patriot User's Guide' and on their page #25 is the how's and why's of the unit.
www.jeep.com/download/pdf/ug/2013-Patriot-UG-3rd.pdf

I will be making a trip to the dealer with said page in hand to see if I can get a part number for us. the only other item left is to determine if there is any other equipment / device necessary ( like a temperature sensor ) to actually have this unit work correctly.

Follow-up in a few days .. possibly mid next week for me.

In the meantime .. these posts may be on some interest to us .. it mentions a Grand Cherokee; which I am @ssuming falls under our type of buss?!?
http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/automatic-climate-control-can-be-added-to-manual-climate-controlled-vehicles-44908.html

The 'Jeep Patriot Limited' model comes with ATC .. so again it does seem possible, but the breakdown for the 'Limited' model, compared to the others, does specify a "Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)" unit .. :( .. the breakdown for all the others, the EVIC is not mentioned!

Michael

·
Registered
78 Posts
update .. spoke with 'Jeep' customer service directly in Michigan. Jeep recommended talking with the dealership .. and if installing the ATC is possible, they suggested having the dealership do it.

reason being .. if something happens during the installation and any of the electrical happens to short out, the warranty is now void if I installed the unit. I purchased the extra 7 years, 70,000 mile warranty and do not want to chance it with a 2013 vehicle.

I will still be checking with the dealership and posting their response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Part Numbers for Patriot Climate Control Module:

55111278AE - HVAC without automatic climate control (Sales Code HAA)
55111966AE - HVAC without automatic climate control (Sales code HAA)
55111133AE - HVAC WITH automatic climate control Farenheit (Sales Code HAB)
55111134AE - HVAC WITH automatic climate control - Celsius (Sales Code HAB)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Allright, the part from Lakeland Dodge (www.wholesalemopar.com) just arrived and I completed installation right away. It took less than 10 minutes.

To anyone who is still in doubt, or asking whether this will work or not: I can assure that it really works! It's really as simple as ordering 55111133AE and popping it in.
I tried various temperatures and I can tell that it's adjusting everything as needed. Air temperature, blower motors, direction, etc... all working well.

I'm glad that I can close the loop on the thread that I started with this very question and everything fell into place.

Here are some photos:

New part installed into trim:
Technology Electronic device Electronics Gadget Netbook

Old part (manual) that came out:
Electronics Technology Electronic device

New (55111133AE) from front:
Technology Vehicle Electronic device Car

New part in action!
Vehicle Gauge Car Technology Center console

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
And the cost of this part?

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
Glad to hear about the success so far in this thread! I get excited to hear about new modifications that work for us!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
This would be an awesome upgrade for $100. If anyone else tries this and has success, please share. I want to try it on my base 2013 Sport.

·
Angry Riot
1,035 Posts
This is a no go, so after looking at wiring diagrams (thanks to todde702, after using a virtual machine and IE 8 was finally able to view) and reading about how it works, the temperature sensor is a missing component, it is a possible upgrade but you would also need that part for it to work good, it shouldn't (no guarantee) short anything or blow a fuse but is useless without the sensor. it will void the warranty on A/C and most likely Canbus system related things since it is hooked into it, MPSanSouci went to a dealership and they said no go as well, so hopefully we can put this to rest, great idea, just not a simple swap. EDIT: also would most likely require drilling to install sensor unless holes are predrilled.

see attached for details.

-Romeo

Attachments

·
Angry Riot
1,035 Posts
Can you share an image of said diagram? It's working fine for me.

Shall do after I get back home

EDIT: attachments, the wiring is from a 2008, after talking to a dealership on the phone their electrical guy said its similar, as the two connectors, just been simplified on the patriots 2010+ also snice its optional the correct sensor may not be there, itll still blow cold/hot, just not variable temp

http://i61.tinypic.com/15p6068.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/zv1qn8.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gleaned From 2012 Service Manual

Hate to be a pain, took a while to get so I could get to read my Service Manual (needs IE8). However the climate control for a 2012 Patriot at least has an infrared temperature sensor which appears to be mounted in the forward dome light.

Checked parts at FactoryChryslerParts

Part number for infrared sensor is 55111901AB

This part fits into Dome Light (for the 2012 with Sun Roof switch) part number 1CJ11HDAAC. The dome light will be a different part depending on year and options, but the infrared sensor seems to be common.

Dome light is about $65.00 + infrared sensor $35.00

The info from earlier in this thread about parts to heater/air conditioner do not seem to apply as the part numbers show up with both HAA (manual control) and HAB (auto control) beside them.

The key is pulling down the dome light to see if their is any wiring for the inside ambient temperature sensor (infrared).

Hope this helps - may be one step closer.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I had a strong feeling it wasn't going to be as easy as just swapping HVAC controls. You need a temp sensor on those to work right. I will wager you also are going to need a flash to make it all work "fully" as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may be wrong but, it IS working for me!

If I set it for 72F and then bump it to 78F, the fan speeds up for a while and the car warms up.

If it is set at 76F and the fan is running and I turn it down a bit, the fan slows down or goes off.

Can't check the AC as it hasn't gone much above freezing for the past month that I've had it installed.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts